Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This game has a massive issue, just like WoW, with everything leveling with you as you go so you never actually feel like you're getting more powerful. It's fucking retarded and I'm sick of developers hiding behind it as a reason to keep old content fresh with barely any work.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This game has a massive issue, just like WoW, with everything leveling with you as you go so you never actually feel like you're getting more powerful. It's fucking retarded and I'm sick of developers hiding behind it as a reason to keep old content fresh with barely any work.
Disagree. Power level opens up events and finding good perks / gear combos makes you feel powerful. Tons of weapons feel powerful as fuck right now.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think the point was that it seems silly to hit something for 4000, then to go to EDZ and hit fallen for 30

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Use a bow and 1 shot everything regardless 🤘

Honestly though I'd rather have scaling in a game that has you bouncing around all levels of content due to dailies/weeklies. You do still get to over power things to some degree. Last Leviathan raid we almost one phased Calus even with two people not knowing it. Would have taken an absolutely stacked team "in era" to accomplish plus abuse of things like barriers and rifts. We didn't even have to use either of them.

LiquidDeath

Disagree. Power level opens up events and finding good perks / gear combos makes you feel powerful. Tons of weapons feel powerful as fuck right now.

That is a problem, though, on a mission with a suggested level of 400 when all of my 530+ weapons feel like they are doing the same damage as the 400 damage ones did then I pull out my Thunderlord of equivalent level and just fucking melt whatever I'm shooting at.

Listen, I understand the decision to make power levels flat across everything and that some people prefer it, but I think it sucks overall. I have no problems with certain sections being high level or heroic quest difficulty tying into your light level, but the whole thing just makes it impossible to gauge your actual power level. And on that note, why the fuck even have power levels if it all just feels the same? Why not gate the grind solely behind items and their mods? Instead I have to both grind light level AND perfect combinations of random perks.

I don't know, maybe this game just isn't for me. I don't mind the item grind and I fucking love Gambit, but the randomness of it all and the insane amount of grinding you have to do for anything that feels actually powerful (Thunderlord excluded) is just ticking me off.

LiquidDeath

Use a bow and 1 shot everything regardless 🤘

Honestly though I'd rather have scaling in a game that has you bouncing around all levels of content due to dailies/weeklies. You do still get to over power things to some degree. Last Leviathan raid we almost one phased Calus even with two people not knowing it. Would have taken an absolutely stacked team "in era" to accomplish plus abuse of things like barriers and rifts. We didn't even have to use either of them.

I would love to! But I can't find a bow because I can't target farm a goddamn thing.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Go into the nightfall wearing ll 425 gear then go in again at ll480 and tell me you don't feel powerful.

LiquidDeath

Go into the nightfall wearing ll 425 gear then go in again at ll480 and tell me you don't feel powerful.

I went into Nightfall alone at ll 530 and got rocked. Clearly there is endgame content that you have to level up to and I firmly support that. But getting rocked in a high level zone doesn't have the same feel when you go out and overlevel it only to come back and still get rocked as if nothing changed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well people were asking for the grind. D2 Vanilla had none of that shit, they were handing out exotics and legendary like candy. All people had to do is farm some Public Events, which are easy as fuck, for exotic engrams. And yeah it was great for the first few weeks, but then you saw just how shallow the game was. Shit you didnt even have to do the raid to get raid wepaons because the clan chick gave them to you once your clan completed the raid every week. I never did leviathan raid yet I have almost all the wepons, lol.

The damage thing has always been like this since D1. And yes power does matter it matters in the fact you do your max damage if youre within or over the power of the content. It was clear to see this with the latest raid where people underleveled were bashing their skulls on the content for 10-16 hours on opening day, and the same people fiish the raid within a hour or two now that they are proper level. What is it you want? You want god mode? What game gives you god mode when you over level something?

The problem in this game IMO is the artificial soft caps and powerful engrams being hidden behind weekly shit. Not so much for current content, but when new expansion drops you have to raise those soft caps and lift the artificial weekly shit so people that are not at the previous cap can catch up quickly and enjoy the new content too.

Hekotat

I went into Nightfall alone at ll 530 and got rocked. Clearly there is endgame content that you have to level up to and I firmly support that. But getting rocked in a high level zone doesn't have the same feel when you go out and overlevel it only to come back and still get rocked as if nothing changed.

I guess I don't understand, if I go to Titan I shit all over everything.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I guess I don't understand, if I go to Titan I shit all over everything.
It doesn't scale any more once you're 50 LL higher than the recommended for the area. It used to be 20, which made it feel worse.

I actually think it works fine as it is, because on top of LL, you also get more powerful from having the right mods on your gear.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It doesn't scale any more once you're 50 LL higher than the recommended for the area. It used to be 20, which made it feel worse.

I actually think it works fine as it is, because on top of LL, you also get more powerful from having the right mods on your gear.

Its fine as it is because it needs to be, especially in a game that has you go to all sorts of places you outleveled the year before to do shit. Imagine if you were god mode in 3/4 of the zones you alredy outleveled? What would be the challenge? What would be the point?

Not only do you have right mods but you also have more god rolled weapons, or close to it once youre all leveled up simply from collecting them along the way and keeping the best of the best. Shit like kill clip and rampage shits on PvE stuff.

And of course you can tell the difference. You mean you cant tell the difference from you first arriving in DMZ with your gray pea shooter to coming back there when your 50 and 600LL with all of your gears that shave 20 seconds off your grenades and supers and other exotics/weapons and shitting on all the content that used to give you troubles?

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also....

People didn’t expect Black Armory to be an expansion. They just want to be able to play it day 1.
renderTimingPixel.png

Bungie Community Manager
Cozmo23

1.4k points · 7 hours ago
award-silver-cartoon.png
x2
award-gold-cartoon.png
x2
This is a totally fair critique. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. The team is aware of this feedback and currently investigating ways to improve the experience for players trying to power up to play the Forge content.

Hekotat

I really just want to flip a switch and have an ass-ram mode on all planets. Make it nightfall difficulties wherever I go and give me the option to be on those servers that I can toggle from Orbit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
The fact that they didn't raise the soft cap to 600 is a gigantic fuck you. Guess I'll play some new content when I get to 615 in 3-4 weeks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
im probably gonna shelf this game until the next big exp hits probably next fall? Maybe D3? then ill have tons of shit to do. As it stands this is pathetic. Just not enough weapons to hunt. Its all the same shit plus like 5 or 6 more in forge, lol.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Forge power levels reduced by 5, with more changes maybe coming.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Forge power levels reduced by 5, with more changes maybe coming.

All they need to do is up the prime engram rate for people who are 50+ levels behind. Triple the prime engram rate. More than that would trivialize too much.