Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Fadaar

That guy
If you get solid rolls (ie a combination of Outlaw/Kill Clip/Rampage) with a good masterwork you can stash a low level weapon to infuse later on. There's a few weapons I got leveling that I saved and now have them at 500+.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Man, after I hit light lvl 500 everything just seems to have stopped. No gear that I can actually use drops and I haven't found any good resources on how to target actual useful weapons. I'm a pretty big fan of sniper rifles, pulse rifles, and auto rifles. What should I be doing to get those slots? I also have the quest for the last part of the Thunderlord, but i don't want to gimp myself by completing it for a lvl 500-ish weapon and spending a fortune upgrading it. What do?

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, after I hit light lvl 500 everything just seems to have stopped. No gear that I can actually use drops and I haven't found any good resources on how to target actual useful weapons. I'm a pretty big fan of sniper rifles, pulse rifles, and auto rifles. What should I be doing to get those slots? I also have the quest for the last part of the Thunderlord, but i don't want to gimp myself by completing it for a lvl 500-ish weapon and spending a fortune upgrading it. What do?

Haven't been playing again for very long, but currently the only way to target specific gear is either via specific quests ala Thunderlord, the few pieces that you can get from various faction members, or for some items open your collections tab and you can craft them at your base engram decryption power (which for me at 599 light is 580).

My recommendation if you like PvP at all, is to work on Gambit, until you either acquire a decent rolled Bygone, or until you have faction high enough to grab the almost perfectly rolled 500 version from the Gambit vendor. Excellent pulse rifle for PvP, and not shabby at all for PvE. I recrafted a few of the older Exotics as well, just to have some decent extra elemental options when needed.

The reality is that RNG is the name of the game. You can semi target things if they are Crucible or Vanguard specific gear tables, but you are at the mercy of whatever drops and then what random perks it rolled. Increasing light level is gonna be primarily facilitated by doing your powerful engram activities, and as you start to close in on 600 it gets frustrating depending on RNGesus and whether he gives you a boosted item for the slot you actually need, or another one for a slot you already have a 600. I am pretty sure it's going to take me longer to get this last 1 light level than it did to get the last 15.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You want to do any activity that rewards Powerful Gear, that is the only way to efficienty progress past 500 LL.

Keep in mind there are two different tiers of powerful gear but I do not know which events are for T1 vs T2.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thunderlord is boss as all get out, and would recommend everyone make sure to get it, hopefully this is the start of them bringing back the LMG Heavy, as it was always my favorite Heavy Weapon back in the first Destiny. Thunderlord is stupid good in Gambit, stock pile some ammo, and just DPS dump on the big boss. It is amazing in PvP, the lightning seems to cause some kind of stagger or disorientation in an area affect, so once it starts popping, normally everything just melts, getting shotgunned, sniped, or super'd is about the only thing that's stopped me once I got going. Only thing that sucks about Thunderlord is I can't use my other primary exotics without unslotting it. I haven't had any issues with getting Enhancement Shards or other materials to boost gear, so for me this is a get it as soon as you can and keep it level'd kind of gun, usually the only thing that trips me up is if I have enough of the common area resources because I haven't been to a planet location in awhile to gather any.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Grab Thunderlord while the quest is still active, so you do not have to wait for it to drop from the loot pool when it is gone.

When you get Dreaming City opened, there are a couple of weekly bounties that will reward a higher level of gear (Offering and the 8 daily bounty iirc). Most of the weekly tower/planetary bounties are lower level bumps. Prime Engrams are bigger boosts too up to a certain light level, then they sort of taper off till they only give +1.

If you find yourself in blind well with people doing tier 3, stick around for when they make it heroic for a once a week drop that is a nice bump upward.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
also, try to spend some time doing escalation protocols on mars. that's honestly the most reliable way to get prime engrams to drop. last night i was on mars doing some quests and there were pretty regular groups of 3-5 people that were just chaining lvl 7 escalations. going with them 2 or 3 times led to me having like 4 or 5 prime engrams.

just remember that prime engrams are hardcoded to your light level when they drop, NOT when you decode them. so get them decoded ASAP

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I need to unlock those, I'm just now getting my first 600 light prime engrams as of last night and have yet to finish Warmind.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got to Light level 550 and grabbed Thunderlord, but I've burned out hard on this game.

j00t

I need to unlock those, I'm just now getting my first 600 light prime engrams as of last night and have yet to finish Warmind.

i don't remember warmind taking that long? it's really just the story quests that ends with killing Xol, the big giant worm. honestly you might even be able to do the escalations before that? you don't NEED anything really, just some heavy hitting weapons and a few people. they are pretty fun though. just a chaotic mess of bullets and space magic

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Got to Light level 550 and grabbed Thunderlord, but I've burned out hard on this game.

i played d1 on ps4 up until the iron wolves expansion, i played d2 when it came out for like a month. then blizzard had it free and i just used wow money to buy forsaken since it had everything in it.

destiny is... it's an odd duck.the gameplay is... it's just fun. gunplay is top of the line. but EVERYTHING is just grinding. (curiously, except for thunderlord, which is kind of weird because that thing is obnoxious in all the right ways). then there's the story... (incoming aspie-text)

the lore is SO DEEP. it's really crazy how much thought went into the story of this game, but barely any of it is actually outright told to the player. you have to dig just to get little snippets, but it's really pretty amazing stuff. the more background information you get about the world and the characters, the more you feel like the story presented to you is just a straight up lie. for example, the traveler created the hive. not necessarily directly, but the proto-hive's planet was facing an extinction event and the traveler (who was hovering over their planet) just refused to do anything about it. literally the followers of the traveler just told them to enjoy life while they had it. so they went looking for something else to save them and found the worm gods. they embraced the powers of the worms and attacked the traveler for not helping them and their home planet was destroyed and they just chase the traveler out of revenge.

then there's the vex. there's some pretty strong theories that the traveler either created, or mutated the vex into what they are now as basically a manual labor force. all the weapons that we find from them have flavor text that they are basically weaponized construction tools. the traveler needed (or just wanted, who knows) builders, and when he was done with them, he just left them. in order to fulfil the duty that the traveler needed, they were given the ability to play around with time and ended up realizing that they are destined to go extinct. their ENTIRE focus is creating a future where they don't die out. since they haven't been able to do that, and the traveler left them, they start playing around with the darkness in order to make themselves a fundamental part of reality so that they CAN'T go extinct.

now, onto the fallen. the fallen basically had the exact same thing happen to them that happened to earth. the traveler came, ushered a great golden age. the darkness came after the traveler and a "collapse" (fallen call it the whirlwind) happened. the traveler abandoned the fallen and moved to Sol. the fallen are simply chasing after the traveler to get his blessing back.

now, earth. traveler comes, golden age, darkness follows, collapse, guardians. the traveler creates guardians to protect humanity from the darkness in some sacrificial, altruistic move. that's what the story tells us. except if you actually look at what other information the game gives you, that's not EXACTLY what happened. clovis bray creates rasputin. then the traveler shows up. rasputin calculates that it can't actually protect humanity, but it knows that the traveler can. so rasputin creates some new subroutines and shuts itself down. these subroutines will automatically launch an attack (through hidden proxies) on the traveler if it ever tries to leave, forcing the traveler to defend humanity in order for humanity to defend itself. the darkness comes chasing after the traveler like it always does, and as it's about to start moving to leave the system, rasputin launches a hidden attack and cripples it. the ONLY reason it created guardians is because it needed guardians to act as a defense net for itself.

the game outright tells you that people like osiris and tolland were crazy people because of their obsession with the vex and hive respectively, but then gradually starts giving evidence that maybe the speaker is a big fat liar and he's just making stuff up as he goes along. (which is exactly why osiris was exiled, he couldn't deal with the speakers nonsense anymore).

anyway, the story is INCREDIBLY nuanced but the only people who actually KNOW that are the weirdos like me that go LOOKING for all the little bits of lore that are scattered about.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dragon Age lore is structure the exact same way. Literally everything the game tells you up front as the Official Story is a lie once you dig into the lore objects.

Anyway, yeah, shooting shit in this game is super fun, but they really need to give more tokens or something so you can focus the RNG down a bit. I don't need 4 pairs of gloves in a single Last Wish raid, I need tokens I can use to buy some RNG weapons. They should give you a choice of rolling random weapons or random armor.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm just hitting 20, found an engram that I am supposed to take to a cryptarch. Turns out it's a bright engram and I needed to take it to silver lady?

I got a new ship (and the watermelon skin?). Will this cut down on the loading screen time?

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
i don't remember warmind taking that long? it's really just the story quests that ends with killing Xol, the big giant worm. honestly you might even be able to do the escalations before that? you don't NEED anything really, just some heavy hitting weapons and a few people. they are pretty fun though. just a chaotic mess of bullets and space magic

Oh I know it wont take long, I just need to do it :) Just had a couple uber-casual friends pick it up so playing through the leveling process with them now, while the group of work friends are closer to max light level.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
One of my friends who got the free version got to 20 last night as we beat the game and was disappointed to find it didn't include Osiris and Warmind, thought that was included in the base game just prior to them making it free temporarily.