Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, I debated playing this yesterday and then I thought...how much shit will I have to buy to even be "Current" expansion wise with my season pass, OG season pass.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
They would make more money making it free and buying (Trademark)Destiny Bucks.

I played it before the dlcs dropped but im not spending another cent on it. I would grind the shit out of it too for like 200 hours and maybe spend 5 bucks.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I keep coming back to the game, I'm in a weird rut, and can't bring myself to start any other game, even though my Steam/Epic/Uplay/Origin/Blizzard libraries all have at least 2 games I definitely want to play. It's like Netflix, after I've finished a show, I'll spend an hour looking through everything I could be doing/watching and then just start playing Destiny 2, because fuck getting up enough effort to start learning/getting better at a different game. Not that D2 isn't enjoyable, I should probably quit this dead clan and find an active one to play with.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I keep coming back to the game, I'm in a weird rut, and can't bring myself to start any other game, even though my Steam/Epic/Uplay/Origin/Blizzard libraries all have at least 2 games I definitely want to play. It's like Netflix, after I've finished a show, I'll spend an hour looking through everything I could be doing/watching and then just start playing Destiny 2, because fuck getting up enough effort to start learning/getting better at a different game. Not that D2 isn't enjoyable, I should probably quit this dead clan and find an active one to play with.
Yesssss!!! Especially made harder when the games I have to play are all long epic sagas!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Yesssss!!! Especially made harder when the games I have to play are all long epic sagas!

Quit screwing around and get to leveling!

Though honestly get one character through the drifter surge and unlock the forges and farm weapons from that. Then next week you can surge to 690.

I should probably quit this dead clan and find an active one to play with.

What platform? We are active on PC, msg me you bnet if you want to join up.
Oryx Stole my Sparrow Clan | Bungie.net

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Quit screwing around and get to leveling!

Though honestly get one character through the drifter surge and unlock the forges and farm weapons from that. Then next week you can surge to 690.

What platform? We are active on PC, msg me you bnet if you want to join up.
Oryx Stole my Sparrow Clan | Bungie.net
Yea yea! I'll do it!! I think I deleted it off my laptop though, so I gotta get it back!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man fuck that noise. I did that shit for all 3 of my characters and then one for my sons account we leveled from scratch. there is no fucking way youre getting me to step foot into dreaming city bullshit, old ass strikes, same old PvP maps to level up some more. Add some fresh new content other than new horde mode to level up in and ill do it, but there is no way im re-leveling to some new arbitrary number they pick from their ass in old ass content again. Not only that I hate how they time gate everything too. So not only do you have to do the shit in old ass content weve done 100s of times, but then they hard cap and cock block your progress so you have to come back week after week to do this shit over and over for +5 power hidden behind RNG. Let me sitdown, grind out some power and be done.

I logged in a few weeks ago and saw the same old power engram grind and said fuck you bungie, time to release some real content or D3 at this point. Logged off.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeh strikes fucking suck....really...really suck. Same strike over and over again....rotating same thing repeatedly....not even older strike content.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There will still be some RNG based on which runes etc you get but yeah, changes for this season are looking pretty awesome. Definitely looking forward to tomorrow and I wanna try and get a raid clear in first reset so I can get one of those jackets.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Possible expansion leaked today. Datamined from today's update:

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i wonder what the return rate on destiny 2 is, i stopped playing soon after D2 release and never went back even though everyone generally praised most of the xpacs. It just feels like every MMO where once you drop off its nearly impossible and/or unfun to return.

i wonder if something like Destiny would do better with a league/dota/etc model where everything gets reset every few months. you keep all cosmetics but gear, light level, etc is just reset twice a year. Probably piss off the hardcore fans and streamers but I wonder if more people would dip in and out more.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
^^ They do a hard reset every time a major exp pack comes out, only ting is they are rare, like once a year.

Yeah they really need to add some more catch up mechanics to the game. I dont want to grind old shit over and over again jsut to catch up again. Also add this to weapon grinds too.

At this point I dont see why they get rid of the entire "powerful engram" cockblock bullshit and just make it open ended like D1 had, like you get drops that up your power until you are up to snuff.

Also if they release a full fledged exp pack Ill be back for sure, but maybe not because of wow classic, lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the Earth is the Travellers fortress, while Enceladus will be the fortress for some Hive boss (Savathun).

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
^^ They do a hard reset every time a major exp pack comes out, only ting is they are rare, like once a year.

Yeah they really need to add some more catch up mechanics to the game. I dont want to grind old shit over and over again jsut to catch up again. Also add this to weapon grinds too.

At this point I dont see why they get rid of the entire "powerful engram" cockblock bullshit and just make it open ended like D1 had, like you get drops that up your power until you are up to snuff.

Also if they release a full fledged exp pack Ill be back for sure, but maybe not because of wow classic, lol.
I don't understand the point of the power level grind at all.

Like, you grind like crazy for gear and yet never feel any more powerful. What is the fucking point?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I don't understand the point of the power level grind at all.

Like, you grind like crazy for gear and yet never feel any more powerful. What is the fucking point?

Well thats like all games with levels and gear really. Which game do you really feel powerful when you level up and get more gears anymore? All games scale to your power these days. In this game the weapons really feel more powerful, at least in feeling, lol. But yeah I agree with you mist, the thing is its this new games as a service bullshit, they want to keep people logging on and this is the only way they see to do it. I would say fuck the level thing and just keep adding more and more weapons to grind for but thats like more dev work for them.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It just feels like every MMO where once you drop off its nearly impossible and/or unfun to return.
Getting caught up is extremely straight forward.
The intro quest for Opulence boosts you to 690 power. They couldn't make it much easier. Season of the Drifter had boost quests straight to 640.