Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem I've been having with the game after being 650 for some time is that the game loop is: grind -> loot -> repeat. Back in EverQuest and traditional MMOs the loop is: new content -> loot -> repeat. It feels like loot without without purpose, particularly with the limitations on equipping exotics.

The PvP modes in this game are also very poorly handled, from matchmaking which seemingly completely ignores skill, to ignoring players dropping from matches. On top of this balance is complete shit both on classes where Titans are objectively better to weapons where only a couple types are at all viable. Also, why do they insist on creating pursuits that make players play in such a way that they troll their own team?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
To me Gambit is the most fun theyve added in a while - The evolution of that mode will be essential in the replay value of Destiny 2 to me.

That aside i assume most have seen this montage but its pretty cray even if repost

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The problem I've been having with the game after being 650 for some time is that the game loop is: grind -> loot -> repeat. Back in EverQuest and traditional MMOs the loop is: new content -> loot -> repeat. It feels like loot without without purpose, particularly with the limitations on equipping exotics.

The PvP modes in this game are also very poorly handled, from matchmaking which seemingly completely ignores skill, to ignoring players dropping from matches. On top of this balance is complete shit both on classes where Titans are objectively better to weapons where only a couple types are at all viable. Also, why do they insist on creating pursuits that make players play in such a way that they troll their own team?

It seems to me they are going the route of a few signature weapons each DLC to grind for plus a few more scattered here and there. Now the thing I do not like about the loot in destiny is there is only a very few perks on guns you ever want to roll. If you essentially get rampae and or kill clip along with outlaw, you are pretty much set and you won the game. Very few other rolls on guns are as good. Range dont mean shit from a pure range perspective as most engagements are at med range anyway (range does buff other shit though) Also the guns are still not balanced as range is concerned. You have handcannons and pulses basically ruling over the PvE and PvP meta for the past year. (speaking of PC, not sure anout console, but I dont think its different) Scout rifles still suck, SMGs? What are those? Sidearms? Wha? Auto rifles?

Funny you mention PvP matchmaking because at one time they did have skill based match making in the game and it worked out OK, but the hardcore mothbreathing PvP gods were complaining over and over that all they do is get into sweaty matches with other mouthbreathers like themselves. They bitched they complained and they bitched some more. So now they basically took out skill based matchmaking and now we have 1 or 2 people per match running over everyone else. Their excuse was "they just want a chill match" where they proceed to pub stomp the entire lobby with their 4.5K/D and scoring 40-50 kills per match EZ. Yeah, great for them, but it sucks for people like us which are average PvPers.

As to the balance between classes, dont let them fool you, huntards still have all the tools at their disposal and are basically made for PvP, their quick movements, the hig jumps with stompees, their quick melee ability, the dodging, and also wallhacks they gave them with the new void class is obscene, not to mention a super that lasts for ever.

So they gave titans a mask, one eyed mask, which basically does is if they get damaged by someone, it targets them with a wallhack, and if they kill that person it gives them an overshield for a few seconds. And holy shit all the huntards lost their shit overnight, I mean, how could this be? Why give titans something that evens out the playing field a bit, cant have that! So one more cool item that gets nerfed because of whining huntards.

Yeah PvP is a fucking mess and will be a fucking mess because Bungie cannot figure out how to balance the game. even though the PvP is more fast paced now, people getting supers a few times a match, and more weapons they use, looking back I kind of like the yr1 PvP balance better, where everyone just stuck together and teamshot the other team.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So I gotta say this new mode addition is pretty fun and has some potential. It's basically Gambit and Blind Well fucked and made a baby. Do a single round of full-time boss fight in the new Gambit, get "synth" items. Take them to the new Reckoning (4 person horde mode) activity and use one to start it, winning gets you an armor piece of the synth type you used. Can keep running it over and over like Well until you run out of synths. Fun little loop.

4 types and 3 tiers of each armor will keep the grind going for a while. New prime maps and reckoning difficulties should keep it fun. T1 isn't bad with randoms but I can see T2-3 needing a real team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tried the reckoning at 645 last night, it was pretty tough for with randoms, I guess it also had some bad modifiers at the time too though :/

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Tier 2 launched today, lvl 670. I haven't had an opportunity to run it yet but apparently you can get Gambit Prime weapons (can be curated) from running it and you don't even need to wager a mote to get drops.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I fired T2 up at 660 and it was brutal, the second stage was holding control points on a bridge, and people just failed at moving once the area was completed. Leaving only one or two of us on the next control point getting smashed. Looks pretty possible at under 670, but I don't think the average pug will be able to until they hit 670, shit just takes too long to die.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Arc Week is running and the changes they made to Combination Blow have made the original Arc Strider class OP as fuck lol! Looks like Bungie has already found it and is gonna fix, but last night I was absolutely destroying everything stacking the Combination Blow buff to x3, pop super with Raiden Flux exotic, and faceroll your way to victory. I spent more time last night cackling with evil glee, than I had any right to. So if you see the other team just liquify their Primeval in a Gambit match, they have a hunter that is having a shit ton of fun.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So supposedly 4 high profile people left Bungie as of late. One of them the raid design lead. Wonder WTF is happening at Bungie?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Or Destiny 3 production is almost complete, I'm half joking but there's a change they half assed it just like D2 at launch.