Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I definitely got my moneys worth with Destiny 2 but I still feel disappointed

Destiny is...and will always be...a game that could've have been legendary....but fell short by a mile....

Could...is a strong emphasis...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or Destiny 3 production is almost complete, I'm half joking but there's a change they half assed it just like D2 at launch.
Doubt D3 will be such a drastic change from how D2 is currently, which is really good. Though it still lacks something. Whether I get excited about D3 or not will probably come down to whether Penumbra is badass or .. not.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm definitely not buying that shit at launch. Got burned on both games at launch, I'll wait til that shit hits the bargain bin this go around.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah definitely a disappointment in D2. D1 was excusable in that new genre, learning curve and all that, and they fixed it by the 2nd year. D2 was just inexcusable and 3 steps backward IMO.

But I will still say that this is the smoothest playing shooter on the market by a mile. It just feels good, especially now in the PC. that shit is tight.

I do not like how little loot there is, and what is there is hidden behind major grinds. I also dont like how D2 handled leveling up either, cockblocking shit behind weekly resets and shit to just stretch out the content and what little there was.

• 1Solidarity

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I do not like how little loot there is, and what is there is hidden behind major grinds. I also dont like how D2 handled leveling up either, cockblocking shit behind weekly resets and shit to just stretch out the content and what little there was.
This! I put hundreds of hours into both D1 and D2 but the repetitive grinds and the bland loot has to go. I bought the season pass thinking it was going to be epic after Forsaken and I find both of them a major let down. Also, little things like the millions of shaders I can't bulk delete drives me nuts.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah definitely a disappointment in D2. D1 was excusable in that new genre, learning curve and all that, and they fixed it by the 2nd year. D2 was just inexcusable and 3 steps backward IMO.

But I will still say that this is the smoothest playing shooter on the market by a mile. It just feels good, especially now in the PC. that shit is tight.

If they don't import some of the shit from D2 to D3, No day one buy. I still think this is a good game. I can't play any other to this extent.

There are tons of shit to do but Yeh it's all grind.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've never grinded so much for so little gain. Very glad I stopped playing after that dumb Forge shit.

If I wanted to grind that much I'd go back to playing PoE. At least in that game, your mega grinding turns you into a god that destroys maps in 10 seconds. In D2 you get a gun that maybe has a slightly better perk than your other gun?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah Like I just logged in after a while this week, I quit after grinding the forge exp pack. So im all 650 with all of the great forge weapons and all that, but then I go around and see its just the same shit to, again, level to 700. More strike lists (which they have not added any new ones in a while) same shit with the dreaming city grind, which we've all done ad nausea now, more forge shit for old stuff which I already have, etc..etc... All this just to grind that shit for proably 2-3 resets if not longer because RNG, actually even longer because all 3 of my characters to be caught up? No thanks, I logged off in disgust.

Ill either wait for a major exp pack at this point that adds actual content, or D3 at thsi point. I dont want to grind dreaming city and other powerful engrams anymore. Unless its some actual new content.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Like I just logged in after a while this week, I quit after grinding the forge exp pack. So im all 650 with all of the great forge weapons and all that, but then I go around and see its just the same shit to, again, level to 700. More strike lists (which they have not added any new ones in a while) same shit with the dreaming city grind, which we've all done ad nausea now, more forge shit for old stuff which I already have, etc..etc... All this just to grind that shit for proably 2-3 resets if not longer because RNG, actually even longer because all 3 of my characters to be caught up? No thanks, I logged off in disgust.

Ill either wait for a major exp pack at this point that adds actual content, or D3 at thsi point. I dont want to grind dreaming city and other powerful engrams anymore. Unless its some actual new content.

I did exactly this a week or so ago. Forge did me in. I have nearly 1700 hours in that game (was unemployed for 8 months). That was mostly due to the people I played with making it fun.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I played the shit out of this during winter months. I even leveled up my kids account to 650 and got him some shit. So when I needed him to help he could. (He hates destiny, lol)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just ground out Sleeper the other day (late to the party I know) only to see upcoming patch notes detailing its nerf along with Ace and Whisper.

Slightly ticked off.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
It will be funny when people go in and trivialize the raid anyway. The stuff I am more bent about are the super regen exotics they fucked with, particularly when they had a patch a year ago to boost super regen.

Fuck all of these Games as a Service.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't know, it'll be nice to not feel like I need to play Nightstalker all the time. Gonna wait to see how these play out alongside the obvious unannounced buffs coming to other items.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Just ground out Sleeper the other day (late to the party I know) only to see upcoming patch notes detailing its nerf along with Ace and Whisper.

Slightly ticked off.
Same.

I just bought D2 a few months ago and have played the shit out of it. I really enjoyed it and, from what I read, I'm glad I came in later. I'm at 660 now and the grind has pretty much made me lose interest(I don't really have a group to do raids with, so I haven't even bothered). The gameplay is top notch, though!

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Gambit is not my thing, so this past season was not super interesting to me, but fuck this game just ropes me back in for a month or two at a time over and over. I hate that I love it.
Same...man....same....totally agree....I hate that I love it ....Bungie fucked us so many times but it's still the best game for me ATM....I probably sank $300 total...from destiny 1 to Destiny 2....

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Got to 700 on Titan this past week, played all through the Drifter stuff. Gambit Prime is definitely an improvement, and the bit of story was not bad.

Opulence looks like it might be pretty fun. I am glad they added those Power Surge type quests/bounties to bump up Light Levels, cause fuck having to drag my other 2 characters up the old hard way.

• 1Like