Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm interested in how their software entitlements will work going forward. If I buy an expansion will it be available on every platform I login to? I'd think no, but that's not how it works right now, right?

spronk

FPS noob
probably not, for example Final Fantasy XIV is cross save between pc/ps4 but you have to buy the game and DLCs seperately for each platform, you just share the same cloud backend. So for Destiny 2 I'd imagine you have to buy each DLC seperately since the base game will be free everywhere.

I'm sure microtransactions will be shared though, so if you buy certain emotes or skins or whatever you'll get them everywhere, especially now since there aren't any more exclusive PS4 items/strikes.

It'll definitely be a huge boom for streamers as they don't have to level and stuff every platform, can just play whatever they want each day. I know some of the big ones used to run through all the weekly stuff like 3 times a week on PC, PS4, and xbox and then of course 3 times each platform for each character. I wonder how many will add Stadia to their rotation?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Once PC version came out, I could give a shit about all the other platforms really.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So yeah logged on yesterday did the quest for the oppulent thing, got all my 690 shit and yeah, great. But now its the same shit again weve been doing since Forsaken dropped, slow trickle of 2-5 power a piece doing the same shit as always. Got like 1/2 my weekly powerful shit done and barely hit 700. New activity is like 720+ lol. They still dont get it.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And then we have the cores. Man fuck cores in the ass. Im really trying here boys, but meh, this shit is cancer. So I have all this cool armor Ive been saving for the perfect rolls that I liked all throughout forsaken+ and now they want me to grind fucking cores ad infinitum to level this shit up? Not only this, but it seems they upped the cost of cores to level up purps? Of course you gonna want to level up your best god rolled weapons and armor, I mean WTF?

I started at some 50 cores when I began here and down to 2-3 of them and I have been really trying to maximize them. On to my second character now and I just cant anymore. seems liek they want me to wear garbage tier purps until I grind up another 100 or so cores. LOL, fuck you bungie.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Enhancement core cancer is definitely a thing in this game, it's slightly better now with the Gunsmith bounties, but it doesn't feel like enough. Hopefully with some of the Shadowkeep revamping, we'll see them change or improve it, but who knows.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Don't even get me started on that 'enhancement core to increase the light level of items instead of just masterworks so that it can give the impression that you are making meaningful choices' bullshit. But yeah, 'they want us to play th way we want'...

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Tried to get a clan clear of the new raid first week but we ran out of steam once we got to the last encounter. Big high after beating the third encounter but damn it's rough at light avg 725. I got a machine gun, cape and mask. HUGE upgrades from my average.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I beat the third encounter in a semi-pug, then finished up the final boss with my clan. Did the full run after that with the clan in about an hour. I never thought it would have been possible to make difficult content for an FPS. I've never been so wrong, and never been happier I was. This season is the first time I've raided since the original Leviathan, and these raids are great fun.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Got the boss beaten at 10:30 on the last night and jesus that was fun/hard/stressful/exciting. Have never done a raid that fresh. Ordered my raid jacket, that's the real limited edition loot.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh, like a real jacket, was only available if you beat the raid? That's pretty cool actually.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Oh, like a real jacket, was only available if you beat the raid? That's pretty cool actually.
If you beat the raid in the first week (before reset in 9 hours, at 10am pst) you can get a coupon code to order a raid jacket with your name on it. Costs $150. I know, why would you spend that much, but... I saved $777,627 with that coupon code.

• 1Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you beat the raid in the first week (before reset in 9 hours, at 10am pst) you can get a coupon code to order a raid jacket with your name on it. Costs $150. I know, why would you spend that much, but... I saved $777,627 with that coupon code.
Anytime a game restricts access to things based on raid performance I'm OK with it! I'm sure the pleb casuals were screaming though.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
They can buy them on Ebay then ;)

Half the worlds first stuff gets sold off lol

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm excited for the influx of F2P meat for the crucible grinder bewhahahahahaha!

I might finally be able to get some kills! I'm so bad at crucible and I really wanted to get Cayde's exotic.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
And then we have the cores. Man fuck cores in the ass. Im really trying here boys, but meh, this shit is cancer. So I have all this cool armor Ive been saving for the perfect rolls that I liked all throughout forsaken+ and now they want me to grind fucking cores ad infinitum to level this shit up? Not only this, but it seems they upped the cost of cores to level up purps? Of course you gonna want to level up your best god rolled weapons and armor, I mean WTF?

I started at some 50 cores when I began here and down to 2-3 of them and I have been really trying to maximize them. On to my second character now and I just cant anymore. seems liek they want me to wear garbage tier purps until I grind up another 100 or so cores. LOL, fuck you bungie.
This is probably the thing I burn out on the most. I don't really mind the slow power trickle from powerful engrams, as I enjoy doing the actual missions/activities. Getting cores to actually increase the gear I want to keep is what makes me want to say 'fuck it'.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just last night every slot on my main titan has an upgrade that ive been farming all week. Head, arms, chest, legs, even the mark. But I cant upgrade my shit because of cores. So they stay in my inventory just for the power so better shit drops. Im down to basically farming enough cores every day for one upgrade slot. And this does nto even count the amount of awesome god rolls and close to god roll weapons I have at 650 still that need to be upgraded.

They definitely need to add more sources, like say a strike dropping one each time you clear it. would go perfect with the pinnacle grenade launcher farm.