Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I'm sort of stuck... I have some of the 690 stuff, but I'm still 650 or so in my Light level. I don't really do strikes/raids/gambits, but would be willing to pug stuff... yet my gear sucks so I feel like I'm being carried. What's the way out of this?

Also, the world feels a bit empty. I don't see a ton of players on at what I would consider prime time (9pm to 12am CDT).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Gambit/strikes/pvp do not require power. Neither do the older raids, only the new one plus the new menagerie you need to be close to 750 as possible. You need to do your power engrams that show up on your map to progress. This includes strikes, gambit, new gambit, dreaming city shit..etc...etc.. Those activities all have matchmaking so you should do them. None of that shit is difficult so im not sure why you need a set group, just use matchmaking, bro. Yeah you will win and lose gambit matches but thats just par for the course and your power engrams do not rely on you winning anyways, just matches completed. Same for PvP

Also what do you mean world feels empty? Like where? Where are you going that it feels empty? Most of the planetary world shit is still all match made and has a cap of like 12 players, even less if everyone there is solo because it reserves 2 more slots for people to join your group.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Gambit/strikes/pvp do not require power. Neither do the older raids, only the new one plus the new menagerie you need to be close to 750 as possible. You need to do your power engrams that show up on your map to progress. This includes strikes, gambit, new gambit, dreaming city shit..etc...etc.. Those activities all have matchmaking so you should do them. None of that shit is difficult so im not sure why you need a set group, just use matchmaking, bro. Yeah you will win and lose gambit matches but thats just par for the course and your power engrams do not rely on you winning anyways, just matches completed. Same for PvP

Also what do you mean world feels empty? Like where? Where are you going that it feels empty? Most of the planetary world shit is still all match made and has a cap of like 12 players, even less if everyone there is solo because it reserves 2 more slots for people to join your group.
I'm dumb.

I've been doing mainly public events... I grind out a prime engram pretty often, but I'm not doing much of the matchmaking stuff. How do I find those?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Open up your map and toggle the planet view. You will see all the powerful engrams as little stars by the planet/activity.lf you hover over it it will tell you what you need to do. Some are daily, some are weekly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You on PC? if so look me up, Sheisty#1879 and well group up and help you get some of that shit done. Ill also show you where the blind well is and petra for her bounties.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
You guys that are stuck with the core problem, are you doing the new bounties from Banshee-44?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, Ill look you guys up when I'm on. maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You guys that are stuck with the core problem, are you doing the new bounties from Banshee-44?
That the gun dude near the Cryptarch in Tower? If so, no...I didn't realize he had new bounties.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Banshee has daily and weekly bounties for cores. Spider has weeklies. Also, if you happen to have a lot of crucible or Vanguard tokens, spend them all on gear and dismantle it. Sometimes you get cores that way.

Here is another way if you have a bunch of Legendary Shards

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
That the gun dude near the Cryptarch in Tower? If so, no...I didn't realize he had new bounties.

Yeah, that guy. There's 2 weeklies and 3 dailies, all give cores. You can also do them on all three characters. So there's 3x3x7 (63) on dailies alone per week. You can buy cores from Spider, once daily for legendary shards, the cost goes up each purchase, so 2-3 is all I ever buy a day. Every dupe masterwork, or shitty masterwork weapon always decons into a core. Rarely, legendaries decon into cores. Brother Vance on Mercury has a high rate of masterwork drops from Simulation Seed turn ins. Purchase Sim Seeds from Spider when they come up for Glimmer, or if you have an excess of shards.

Don't "keep" a set of armour and keep upgrading it a little at a time, that's why you're going broke on cores. Put that shit in your bank, locked, and come back for it later when you've hit cap. Just USE the shitty new legendaries you get. When you get close to your soft cap for the week, then upgrade your favourite primary, secondary and heavy. If you get an exotic that's high, use it if it has good rolls, if it doesn't, fold it into a legendary, it should cost cores.

I think that covers it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah Im aware of the new bounties, the thing is I dont need 3 cores I need like 300, lol, and also its not just the armor, its the weapons too, which are a BIG chunk of your power rating. Im aware I can use shit armor for a while, but I will not use shit weapons, lol.

Also spider bounties suck, why? because in order to buy them, you need to do the other shit to get the ghost fragments, which is totally not worth your time and effort for a fucking few core.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Im aware of the new bounties, the thing is I dont need 3 cores I need like 300, lol, and also its not just the armor, its the weapons too, which are a BIG chunk of your power rating. Im aware I can use shit armor for a while, but I will not use shit weapons, lol.

At this point, it's like you don't want to take advice, and just want to whine that things are too hard. There's no way you need 300 cores. I had 100 when the season dropped, I got up to 120 at one point and I'm down to 90. Most of the weapons I use on the regular are max, or near max light. For example, my curated Hammerhead is 749 right now. Blast Furnace is only 741. That's plenty for doing anything in the game right now.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dude Its not like I just started playing this game bro I have like 1000 hours in this shit and about 800 in D1. I know how to maximize gains. Im here venting because, well, I needed to vent about this shit. And yes, you probably dont need 300 cores, but you do need plenty because I have all 3 classes that need upgrades. Plus different loadouts depending on guns and activities and shit.

So lets math this shit out. Even if you did all the daily bounties, bought your two from spider, what does that give you, 6 cores a day? When each piece of gear or gun needs 2-4 cores? thats shit rates, and thats all im saying. And im not the only one complaining about this shit that they refuse to get rid of for some unknown reason. And lets not even talk about actually MASTERWORKING some armor or gun which they were intended for in the first place, which costs what? 10-20 cores? I have about 3-4 pieces of gear I have masterworked myself so far.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I had 150 cores going into the season and I beat the boss last night with 123 cores left so if you think you need a ton of them you might be bad. I infused like 10 things yesterday no problem. Cash and planetary materials are way more of a bottleneck.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had 150 cores going into the season and I beat the boss last night with 123 cores left so if you think you need a ton of them you might be bad.

Its not about beating some boss dude, its about upgrading all of your good shit on all 3 classes. did you do that yet? Or did you upgrade like 3 weapons and a few armor pieces along the way for one class.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Beating COS is the hardest thing in the game right now so if it's not about getting strong enough to do that then I don't know what you're complaining about. Unless you are doing the raid your power over 700 is irrelevant and you have no reason to be upset about leveling speed. Yeah, Menagerie is > 700 but it's also impossible to fail.

I upgraded like 6 weapons and masterworked 3 armor pieces. Weapons are done and I have enough cores left to upgrade everything on my alts. Honestly if you run out of cores you are just infusing too much.

Main is 732.

Edit - I see you have no raid clears. PM me if you want a clan invite. Open invitation to anyone here.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I did not have 150 cores to begin with, I had like 30-40 or some shit, honestly I did not even pay it any mind because I forgot about that shit until went to upgrade one of my weapons and I was out. I did not grind this game through last 2 seasons I think I quit about the time the forges were done. So I did not have months of grinding for cores you obviously did. But whatever, the game is perfect, forget I said anything.

And BTW most of those cores came from some Christmas thing with the cookies if you remember.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well banshee has bounties for cores now and you get 7 weekly from Hawthorne if you're in a clan. I mean it's easier than ever to get them. You also probably have some finest matterweave consumable items that will guarantee core drops. Game isn't perfect, don't be dramatic, but it's better than it's ever been and all signs point to it getting better.