Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I absolutely detest the Mountaintop/Recluse/Grenade Launcher meta. It just doesn't seem fun yet it is widely popular.

Right now I'm running a primary (Go Figure/Daddy Duke/Austringer), then either Jotuun or EP Shotgun, and then Fixed Odds/Sleeper Sim/ Two Tailed Fox

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
I absolutely detest the Mountaintop/Recluse/Grenade Launcher meta. It just doesn't seem fun yet it is widely popular.

Right now I'm running a primary (Go Figure/Daddy Duke/Austringer), then either Jotuun or EP Shotgun, and then Fixed Odds/Sleeper Sim/ Two Tailed Fox

Mountaintop, Recluse, and LMG was basically what I was running before I eventually kicked the game. Recluse was very enjoyable.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Actually for PvE in this game, use whatever the fuck you want thats fun for you. Aside raids and maybe some top tier DPS weapons on bosses, lets not forget that these raids were first cleared with shit guns and 20 light levels below cap. The power creep right now in any of the raids is so retarded you definitely do not need recluse and mountaintop.

The only place that the "meta" really matters is PvP and even then, use whatever the fuck you want. Its not like any of this shit matters. If you are good you will make any weapon kill for you. Go look at frostbolt PvP videos on youtube. He goes into crucible with shit loadouts (thats like his shtick) all the time and still destroys. And while, yes, guns do matter, of course. Waht also matters in destiny PvP is a ton more factors like situational awareness, when to engage and when to fuck off and hide, your aim and twitch skill...etc...

As far as hiding PvE weapons behind a PvP activity, well, this is like the fist time this EVER happened. Usually the PvP weapons are shit. And realistically I remember almost 90% of the good PvP weapons EVER, including Destiny 1, were always hidden behind some PvE aspect, mostly raids that most hardcore PvP people detest like some of you detest PvP.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
EP boss this week can drop the shotgun, smg, and sniper.

Got the sniper yesterday. I love how it sounds when you shoot.

Also they increased the drop rate of all gambit prime/reckoning weapons.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Reckoning basically guarantees no 2 runs without a weapon drop now. Farm the shit out of some Spare Rations, Last Man Standing, Outlast, Gnawing Hunger, Bug Out Bags... Lots of good shit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
EP boss this week can drop the shotgun, smg, and sniper.

Got the sniper yesterday. I love how it sounds when you shoot.

Also they increased the drop rate of all gambit prime/reckoning weapons.
how the fuck do you get the keys to open the EP treasures? I've done like 3 of the final level and not gotten shit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
how the fuck do you get the keys to open the EP treasures? I've done like 3 of the final level and not gotten shit.
1567713126183.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Are they guaranteed drops from those sources? I don't really do heroic stuff :(

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are they guaranteed drops from those sources? I don't really do heroic stuff :(
Heroic adventures are easy as shit to solo and heroic strikes you can sleepwalk through on matchmaking.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
A single nightfall gives all 7 fragments from the final chest guaranteed. You could use some easy modifiers, no handicaps and solo one. Go heavyweight and match whatever the singe is.

I suggest saving any completed keys for after the armor 2.0 launch. The chest after the boss only drops armor, weapons drop on the ground directly from boss.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I haven’t played since Forsaken. Is there anything I should be doing to prepare for Shadowkeep? Is black armory worth doing?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nothing much to prepare, everyone gets boosted to 750 and starts fresh in October. I could tell you to go farm specific guns but why? You missed 3+ seasons, not much you're gonna accomplish in two weeks.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Mats are going to matter, but not much to say towards those. Visit spider once a day to buy any mats he's selling for legendary shards. Farm anything that gives purples for more shards. Do gunsmith bounties to stock up on some enhancement cores. Save up completed weekly bounties for extra exp after launch. Black Armory, Menagerie, Reckoning all have weapons that are worthwhile and meta relevant, but I don't know how much progress you can make on them before launch.

Here's all the shit I've kept on me lately. Multiple versions are either for PVE/P differences or mod differences.
  • Kinetic
    • Spare Rations x3 (Reckoning/Prime)
    • Austringer x2 (Menagerie)
    • Threat Level (Raid)
    • Outbreak Perfected (Quest)
  • Energy
    • Last Man Standing x3 (Reckoning/Prime)
    • Emperor's Courtesy x2 (Raid)
    • Bug Out Bag (Reckoning/Prime)
    • Loaded Question (Quest)
  • Heavy
    • Anarchy (Raid)
    • DARCI
    • One Thousand Voices (Raid)
    • Truth (Quest)
    • Swarm of the Raven (Iron Banner)
    • Delirium 21% (Gambit Pinnacle)
    • Bane of Sorrow (Raid)

Last edited:

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
You can Pre-Load on Steam now. ~78 GB

Not sure if you can install to same directory, I installed fresh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, don't forget to dismantle the bits that you use to get bounties from Tess. The dismantle to Bright Dust as well iirc.