Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

spronk

FPS noob
xfer your PC battle.net account to steam now

i did it even though i had 0 silver and i don't think i got past level 2 on my pc account. hopefully when they merge stuff soon (?) i can play off my PS4 chars on PC, even though i didn't do Forsaken

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So what content is going in between the end of Solstice of Heroes and the release of Shadowkeep?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nothing and thank christ because I need a break before the expansion.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I did all my pinnacle weapons and im all caught up with most grinds and god rolls up till now, Only thing im missing is the menagerie sniper god roll, but whatevs. I quit about 3 weeks ago, maybe month now? I said no thanks on the solstice shit.

spronk

FPS noob
cross save seems live

logged into all my platforms - ps4/xb1/battle.net/steam - then chose the characters that I want to currently "play" - PS4 - and confirmed. very cool setup, all your systems and chars are there but you choose which one is currently "live", and that is what you play on any platform. So you could just play your ps4 or xb1 chars everywhere and they always get the latest stuff you do, or you can swap between platforms as often as you want if you really want to keep multiple characters alive (streamers).

great implementation, too bad the f2p version of pc won't go live until shadowkeep i guess? would wanna check out the f2p on steam

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm super excited for armor 2.0 because of the ornament aspect. The Curse of Osiris titan eververse armor is some of the coolest titan armor in the game.

Also I have been looking to do EP to finish off that set.

• 1Like

italica

Trakanon Raider
So what content is going in between the end of Solstice of Heroes and the release of Shadowkeep?

Mars/EP centered community event thing that they threw out there to hold people over for the extra couple weeks until Shadowkeep. Entirely skippable, and I'm not sad about being able to feel like I can take a break for pretty much all of September.

Scroll down a bit for details:
8/22 TWAB

spronk

FPS noob
so D2 will have season pass just like pubg, fortnite, call of duty, DOTA/LOL, APEX, etc
BATTLE PASS

When you purchase Shadowkeep, you get the Season Pass for the current season. Ex: If you've pre-ordered Shadowkeep, you'll have the Season Pass for Season of the Undying. If you wish to remain on the paid track for future seasons, they will be available as standalone $10 purchases.
• If you purchase the Digital Deluxe edition of Shadowkeep, you’ll have a Season Pass for all seasons in Year 3.
• Purchase of a $10 Season Pass will place you on the paid track for the current season.
• If you don't purchase Shadowkeep, you can spend $10 for Season of the Undying à la carte and be on the paid track.

"We want to make sure that each Season has multiple, complementary reward sources, because we all play Destiny differently, and we want to be able to customize our Guardians the way we want to. We will continue to have RNG rewards as a part of our activities, and we also want to add a direct track of rewards each Season that you can progress every evening. The best weapons and armor will still live in the treasure chests of our toughest monsters and villains, but we hope now there will be fewer nights where players feel like they logged into Destiny and got nothing done."

Screenshot of UI (Free and Premium rewards)

That’s why we’ve added 100 ranks to earn each Season, with Free and Premium track rewards, plus a UX design that’s intuitive and familiar if you play other games. Unlike those other games, you’ll make progress by earning XP doing the things you’re already doing in Destiny—defeating monsters and completing bounties and activities. This is about a new additive layer of predictable rewards for just playing the game.

kinda turns me off playing the game, while I understand this is pretty much how every GAAS game makes its money now the whole system just feels more and more like a job, and I don't particularly enjoy it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Isn't that pretty much how it was with Forsaken?
Forsaken had a single annual pass for $35 and all of the seasonal content has been persistent.

New seasons are standalone at $10/ea and their activities/rewards go away when the season ends.

Unrelated:

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Isn't that pretty much how it was with Forsaken?
Sort of, the Fortnite/Dauntless style 'tracks' are new. It's a bit weird given that those games are completely free while D2 is making you buy Shadowkeep (and Forsaken if you're moving from console, unless something changed recently).

the whole system just feels more and more like a job, and I don't particularly enjoy it.
Yeah, it already was a ridiculous job-like grind even in Forsaken. Thankfully Bungie hammered home the idea that D2 was never going to be the game for me with that armor event before I upgraded my computer 6-7 months earlier than I had originally planned.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I see the Battle Pass as extra shit I did not know I was gonna get and do not really care about. Game has been fun enough that I will probably get it all just playing anyway.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Seems like they're giving more choice than ever with affordable updates you can skip, events that don't ever fade into obscurity, build options changing seasonally, tracks with static loot you can choose to grind any activity for...

Some people won't ever be happy with it I guess.

If you think the game feels like a job that's 100% in your own head. I grinded out the solstice armor on my main, got my MMXIX title, have pretty much every item I could ever ask for and I only get maybe 3 good days of gaming per week.

• 1Solidarity

italica

Trakanon Raider
Anyone calling Destiny 2 a job clearly never spent time in a large raiding guild in EQ with 5+ days of non-instanced raiding on the schedule. I get the FOMO on the first week of new content, but lets get some perspective here.

Solstice armor wasn't even a bad grind if you didn't try to do it all in 1 or 2 days. Spread out over the duration of the event is was easy af and not stressful at all.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah, I did all that, including raiding in FoH for a while. The difference is that I was in my 20's then, and also I was willing to skip almost every other game that came out during the EQ years.

Even ignoring the grind, the bigger problem I have in Destiny is that I have less than zero interest in their PVP, but Bungie is never going to stop locking PVE guns behind that wall.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There's 2 good guns locked by PvP and neither of them are required to do anything you would have ever tried, or not tried, to do. Don't act like you need mountaintop or recluse when you have never even bothered even trying a single raid.