Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, saw that. Guess i'll bite the bullet, been craving a Destiny's gun play.

Yep me too. I bought forsaken but never got to it. So doing that first. Awesome so far. Joined @Gator’s clan.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So who is the big bad behind SK? Is Savathun coming into the system after 3yrs of tease, or is something again?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Season pass gets you enough currency to buy 3 (maybe 4?) seasonal DLC packages. I believe you can choose which 3 or 4 though. Doesn't HAVE to be the next ones released. Discounting the season stuff that is inherently included with Shadowkeep.

Y'all should read what is included in the Deluxe edition on Steam

Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep does not require ownership of any previous Destiny 2 expansions to purchase or play.

New nightmares have emerged from the shadows of our Moon. Called forth by haunting visions, Eris Morn has returned. Join her to slay these nightmares before they reach out beyond the Moon to cast humanity back into an age of darkness.Features
  • New Destination - The Moon.
  • New Story Missions & Challenging Quests
  • New Dungeon
  • New Exotic Gear
  • New Raid
  • Season Pass for Season of the Undying*
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Standard Edition
The standalone edition of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep includes a digital copy of the game and one Season Pass, providing exclusive activities and rewards.*Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe Edition
Digital Deluxe items include:
Four Season Passes*, each offering a unique set of exclusive Seasonal activities and rewards
Exclusive Eris Morn themed items:
  • Hearing Whispers Exotic Emote
  • Eris Morn Exotic Ghost Shell
  • Benighted Omen Emblem

DigitalDeluxe.png

*Season Pass redeemed when logging in. If players already own the current Season Pass, they will receive credit toward future Seasons up until Season 11. Any credits beyond Season 11 will be exchanged for an equivalent value of Silver.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So do you need to buy forsaken for 25 bucks as well as Shadowkeep for minimum 35 bucks in order to be fully up to date with this game?

Or can you just buy Shadowkeep and get Forsaken with it? Its not really clear, I think you have to buy both, which seems a little silly.

spronk

FPS noob
you don't get forsaken with shadowkeep, for whatever weird reason its not part of it. You also don't really need forsaken at all, its essentially deprecated content that you can run through for funsies but won't really do anything special for you.

the best options are

1. just play free ass D2 and see if it hooks you. If you are bored after a few hours then lesson learned, you saved money and are done
2. you like it? buy basic shadowkeep and catch up to everyone else and play the latest version of the end game and do all the grindy stuff you want
3. still like it a lot after 2-3 weeks? maybe upgrade to deluxe, buy a season or two and you'll be the same as everyone else. you can go back and buy forsaken for more dlc basically

there will almost certainly be a "complete" edition of D2 late this year or early next year which includes free D2 plus forsaken plus shadowkeep plus a few seasons thrown in for a single $40 price, but by the time that rolls 90% of the players will have moved on.

things locked behind the forsaken complete collection:
  • The Last Wish raid
  • The Scourge of the Past raid
  • Crown of Sorrow raid
  • Forsaken campaign
  • New Supers and abilities (*not sure about this)
  • a fuck ton of exotics
stuff locked behind shadowkeep:
  • New campaign
  • Nightmare Hunts
  • Garden of Salvation raid
  • New dungeon
  • 2 exotics (xenophage, divinity)

i just logged in with my vanilla ass d2 account (cross save so can play on anything now) and all my gear got bumped up to 750, which is nice. i can access some of the basic forsaken stuff (some patrol, planets, social space) but nothing with shadowkeep. PVP seems pretty open.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Man, I totally fucked myself over. A month ago I linked my bnet acct to the wrong steam acct(who knew i had 2 with similar names). Well, it tried the migration, and failed or so it said. I then realized i had the wrong account, so on bungie's site I unlinked steamacct1 and linked steamacct2(that i purchased Shadowkeep on), but now the pc move errors out. Bungie has said on the help forums it's a one time process and can't be done again, so I lose out on my Forsaken purchase and all my progress from bnet :(

• 1Dislike

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Man, I totally fucked myself over. A month ago I linked my bnet acct to the wrong steam acct(who knew i had 2 with similar names). Well, it tried the migration, and failed or so it said. I then realized i had the wrong account, so on bungie's site I unlinked steamacct1 and linked steamacct2(that i purchased Shadowkeep on), but now the pc move errors out. Bungie has said on the help forums it's a one time process and can't be done again, so I lose out on my Forsaken purchase and all my progress from bnet :(

Sorry man that sucks, I would try calling them directly on the phone. There has to be something they can do.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
StoiCynic StoiCynic I see forsaken on the steam shop now for $24.99.

(Still stupid they do not include it in Shadowkeep)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I got it for PC now. Only played the base game on PS4, not any of the seasons or added content. Joined the clan listed in the first page, that still the one you guys use?

I didn't see Forsaken either on the steam page, but if you get in game to the vendor that lets you buy silver and the likes, it had Forsaken as an option. I bought the deluxe edition of Shadowkeep as well as Forsaken. I hate not having all content.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So does cross save just mean you can play your characters on any platform, or is it also cross play? Can I play with console players while on PC?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think it means you can play it on any platform, not actually play WITH them, if you know what I mean. Also the game and exp packs still have to be cross platform purchased to play on them too. So if you have PC and want to play with your xbone buddies, you have to purchase the packs on there to play the current shit.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I figured. I think it's pretty shitty that they don't include all Forsaken stuff with the Shadowkeep purchase(at least with the deluxe). Highly unlikely I purchase anything for the other platforms, due to that.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sorry man that sucks, I would try calling them directly on the phone. There has to be something they can do.
I can't find a number to call them. I'm not the only one that fucked up either, people all over the forums are having similar or different migration problems. This was ultimately my fault for not checking more carefully, but this shit is a mess.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I figured. I think it's pretty shitty that they don't include all Forsaken stuff with the Shadowkeep purchase(at least with the deluxe). Highly unlikely I purchase anything for the other platforms, due to that.

It was jsut a good vehicle to change platforms if you chose the wrong one in the first place, or if all of your buddies switched to PC, you can finally switch to PC without loosing all f your 500-800 hrs of progress. I dont actually see too many people purchasing all this shit on 2-3 platforms and playing cross platform, lol.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I can't find a number to call them. I'm not the only one that fucked up either, people all over the forums are having similar or different migration problems. This was ultimately my fault for not checking more carefully, but this shit is a mess.

(425) 440-6800

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It was jsut a good vehicle to change platforms if you chose the wrong one in the first place, or if all of your buddies switched to PC, you can finally switch to PC without loosing all f your 500-800 hrs of progress. I dont actually see too many people purchasing all this shit on 2-3 platforms and playing cross platform, lol.
True that. I play on PC and wouldn't want to play on console's terrible framerate regardless. No offense to our local peasants.

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, perfect time to switch over to PC and enjoy the 140+ frames, better graphics, non existent load times and just a 100% better experience across the board, its Destiny like it should be. Even if you dont play with M+KB, there is plenty of people playing D2 on PC with controller.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I like my HDR, 65" OLED, and audio experience. I am afraid to play PC in the fact I may not go back.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is nothing stopping you from playing PC on your couch and 65" TV.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Man with this going to steam I kinda feel bad about Warframe, they will have to setp up their game and make engaging content and not just "Spam the player with Mobs" or the various 4-5 missions they have. Warframe has this game beat on the class and customization aspect but raiding and group content? Destiny took a book from WoW on that one and made a gunslinging theme park.

Game-side....

Should I whack my current exotics?

They are way below stats for gear and definately below armor values.

How about for weapons?

Should I basically only choose the "Highest number of the type I want"?

---

Also I'm a collections whore, should I be dismantling everything now though that I'm not currently wearing?