Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I wonder what the reason is. I understand the crossplay issue, but there really shouldn't be much technical issue with cross save

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
For every good thing I hear about this game I hear 2 bad things.

"We're releasing on PC... Months after the console and there are no dedicated servers."
"We're using Bnet.... 's store, not their network infrastructure. not their support staff or anti-cheat tech, just the store so we don't have to pay Valve 30%"

Seems like the PC version is just going to be a shitty port that will be abandoned by the PC community a few months after launch.
The first one sucks for sure, but the second one was what was expected going in anyways right?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think it all boils down to that sweet sweet Sony cash.
Hmm, maybe indirectly, didn't think about that. The Sony exclusive gear would make it hard to support cross saves, but I'm sure they could figure it out.

But cross save would only have the opportunity to increase sales for each system, not decrease.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thing that bothers me the most about all of this, is what I consider a intentional double dip with the PC version coming later. Given the history of Destiny's original development I can not in anyway believe they need more time to finish it up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
They have my money as long as they release Destiny 1 with proper matchmaking, a shared vault and some sort of PvP ladder.

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
It seems like if they just gave us cross saves and a PC release on the same day of Destiny 1 re-hashed with better development tools, they would be wiping their ass with money.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah the lack of new classes, new enemies, new solar systems (we stay in ours), etc definitely makes this feel like sort of a expansion that remasters the engine so they can push out updates a bit better. disappointing, but end of the day if the gunplay and gear fun of D1 can carry over to D2, I will enjoy it for a while.

Its basically an MMO, but f2p so you can login, fuck around a while, and then quit for 9 months and no one gives a fuck
The planet Nessus is outside our solar system, we're sent there to stop the Cabal from gaining control of the Vex Overmind thing you fight in the Strike, I think.

I'll be pretty disappointed if the patrol areas are not huge, like as big or bigger than ALL the D1 patrols combined. I also hope their are a large number of those "Lost Sectors" so that when we get one pop up for us, its not always in the same place. I am thinking these will be like the Crucible things in HZD. I am pretty leery of them leaving out all the existing D1 planets to be honest (if that really is the case), especially Mars. The Cabal lore seems to have been reset as well to fit into the story they want to tell with D2 (that the Traveler visited / rejected the Cabal in the past, rather than the Cabal seeing the Traveler as the source of Guardian power and wanting to destroy / take it). It sorta feels like they are cutting all ties to D1.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In regards to the PC port, everyone who has mentioned playing it has said it was superb, so I can't see Bungie screwing that up between now and PC's eventual release.

spronk

FPS noob
It's looking like no cross-saves across consoles/PC. What a bunch of horse shit, I feel like they really dropped the ball for "next gen".

has bungie officially said anything yet? I haven't read anything about no cross saves. I wouldn't really be surprised if its not supported, even blizzard doesn't do it with overwatch and that would be the simplest thing since the only thing on the backend is costumes

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
has bungie officially said anything yet? I haven't read anything about no cross saves. I wouldn't really be surprised if its not supported, even blizzard doesn't do it with overwatch and that would be the simplest thing since the only thing on the backend is costumes
There was an article linked on Reddit about it being answered during an interview.

spronk

FPS noob
There was an article linked on Reddit about it being answered during an interview.

yeah, heres the article
Destiny 2 Won't Have Cross Save Between PC and Console

one of the people who leaked a lot of D2 info before the release (and it was accurate) said bungie is working on cross save as a feature post launch, but isn't promising anything and is likely not going to talk about it at all, I guess to get more people to buy the PS4 version and then maybe they'll talk about cross save after the PC releases to encourage people to double dip.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They have got to revise the PC release date or I am simple going to pass. You don't dangle that carrot then say oh, just a bit later in a clear $$$$ grab given there history so far.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I'm really hoping it ends up being "PC release Sept 16" or something, and not "Summer 2018!" Guess we'll find out in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to spend the next few months trying to talk the lady into caving though, she doesn't give a fuck on the system, she just wants more. I want to use my mouse, keyboard, and monster computer >_<

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Personally, I think that they're just betting on the PC market to be just stupid enough to buy this shit on release without listening to what all the console players were screaming about.

Looks like they're right.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I was so hyped when they said they were bringing Destiny to the PC (only seen it, never played it). After reading all the latest shit, I'm just left feeling blue-balled -- for the second time. I guess that's why I can't digital pre-order from Australia for the PC version. There's just a "coming soon" icon.