Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Since im buying this on PC if its purchased at all, im rather content with it coming out maybe a week or month later. That way if the content is as paper thin as the base game(still an expansion in my eyes) i can just ignore it all together. It wont take but a day for people to chime in on it there is just 5 hours of missions and rinse repeat all over again.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm really hoping it ends up being "PC release Sept 16" or something, and not "Summer 2018!" Guess we'll find out in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to spend the next few months trying to talk the lady into caving though, she doesn't give a fuck on the system, she just wants more. I want to use my mouse, keyboard, and monster computer >_<

Yeah, if they did that id consider skipping it entirely. Asinine content exclusivity would have a chance to do it too. Played the original on PS4, I wouldn't have liked it nearly as much as I did if it was missing the exclusive strike, being relatively light on content.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I am still trying to decide what to buy this on. On one hand, playing it on a PC would not only look better graphically, but Mouse+keyboard play would be fun in this type of game. On the other-hand, as others have mentioned, I am hesitant due to the potential of cheaters (aimbots and other cheats are getting very sophisticated) and I like to sit back in my recliner and play.

Decisions, decisions...

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I am still trying to decide what to buy this on. On one hand, playing it on a PC would not only look better graphically, but Mouse+keyboard play would be fun in this type of game. On the other-hand, as others have mentioned, I am hesitant due to the potential of cheaters (aimbots and other cheats are getting very sophisticated) and I like to sit back in my recliner and play.

Decisions, decisions...
PS4, it's what all the cool kids are using

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No idea why cross-save isn't a thing for Destiny, we have mobile / pc apps which allow you alter a characters inventory.... ya think it would be easy to have a system that lets you load up you character on either console or pc. Microsoft should be pushing for Xbox<->PC cross-save hard. If they could get that, it would be an easy decision to buy on Xbox on release (if PC is months after).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
No idea why cross-save isn't a thing for Destiny, we have mobile / pc apps which allow you alter a characters inventory.... ya think it would be easy to have a system that lets you load up you character on either console or pc. Microsoft should be pushing for Xbox<->PC cross-save hard. If they could get that, it would be an easy decision to buy on Xbox on release (if PC is months after).

Do any PS4 titles do this now? Presumably their deals with Sony and the setup with Blizzard might prevent them from using whatever MS uses to do this for other PC/Xbox titles.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wonder if this will be one of the new "Buy it for Xbox, get it for PC, also!" games. That'd really help a brother out stuck between console groups and PC groups.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Since im buying this on PC if its purchased at all, im rather content with it coming out maybe a week or month later..

When has Bungie ever put out a PC version that soon after the console version? I think the soonest they've ever done that was a year, hell the original Halo was like 10 years and no one gave a shit at that point. I hope I'm wrong though.

The no cross-save stuff is completely retarded. I probably would have bought it for all 3 systems, now it'll just be one.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It isn't. Middle-Earth: Shadows of War is a Play Anywhere title.

Edit: actually a few others too.

- Fallout Shelter
- Resident Evil 7
- Ark
- Spheroids
- Silence
- Riptide GP: Renegade

Those are all on/coming to PS4 I believe.

Xbox Play Anywhere | Xbox

Yeah you are right. I misread an article. All exclusives will be play anywhere, not all play anywhere being exclusives. I had it flipped

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So have they commented on char customizations? i know you dont see under the hood much but unless we're all clones from 1 individual i think we should have some variation! I mean i want a beard and fro!

spronk

FPS noob
they use dedicated servers at 10 hz ticks for the physics engine and most player data, so it'll prevent people from doing standard cheats like infinite ammo, zapping around the map, changing character stat values, etc. P2P is used for second to second play, with the physics server serving as an overcheck at a less regular tick.

how well it works will be determined at beta/launch. I think destiny uses something similar currently, but more 90% p2p and 10% physics servers. the advantage is that if you have a bunch of people in PVP games in the same city as you, the latency between everyone is going to be extremely low. The disadvantage is that if fewer people are playing, you get the brazilian pings which makes everything a shit show. The real advantage (to bungie, not players) is that they need a lot fewer servers at launch.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
...new tech... jlawokay.gif
It probably has something to do with clouds. Better get your cloud suit on:

4_49TFh[1].jpg