Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Big fan of pretty much everything in that directors cut.

I think its a bunch of bullshit, and im not the only one. Hmm, lets spend countless hours of amassing a good/god roll arsenal over the years so Bungie can take it away after a couple of seasons, hmm, sounds good, right? Gives me a whole bunch of incentive to grind some more in the future. All becuse they are too fucking lazy to add meaningful content and make new guns/models/perks. They are so afraid of power creep that their fucking game is getting boring now. Same guns, same feel, same perks...They just want to reuse/recycle the old ones now so they can do even less work. THey tried to pull that shit in D1 too, and got shredded hard until they finally caved and brought back infusion of old shit in TTK. Crucible on PC has been the same stale meta for months now. Spare rations, shotty, or snipe. Maybe throw in some pulse in there from time to time. Im sure console suffers from the same shit too, except their meta is different because HCs suck on console.

Same shit with this new season. They are making a big fucking deal for bringing back trials, basically same mode they had for years in D1, and on top of that bring back 2 zones from D1. No new content there, just more recycled content. Like WTF are they doing with all this money they are making? PvE, wise they have not released a new strike since last major expansion. We keep on getting lazy horde modes to grind for the last few seasons. And im sure this new season will not be an exception. It looks like were going back to Mars to grind some more escalation protocols+. Im betting there isnt a new raid either, because they would be throwing it in our face if they did have some new raid content coming out.

They have not even mentioned how they will curtail the rampant cheating in competitive and now trials either. D2 PC is plagued with that shit right now; wall hacks, aimbots, etc... I see comp streamers constantly reporting these assholes and they dont even get banned. Because they still run into the same people over again.

I think they need to get rid of this Luke Smith asshole. I dont even know how the fuck he got into that position in the first place, wasn't he some video game reviewer? He constantly keeps making the wrong decisions for this game, then he flip flops, and then changes it again and its still wrong direction. Where is all this RPG shit he was gonna put into this game? You mean the armor with 20 stats now? is this what he meant by adding in RPG elements?

He keeps on saying they have to constantly retest old guns from past seasons, like what? And why? Aside the exotics, they are for the most part the same guns, same archetypes, same dmg numbers and same fucking perks with different models. A 600 rpm AR from vanilla yr1 is the same fucking thing as a 600 rpm AR they have now, aside the perks which are still the same rampage/kill cip or the new swashbuckler being the ones people choose for dmg boost. I dont fucking get it. Retest for what? Too see they are still the same, other than recoil, reload, and the weight stats that are different? Do these people even play the same game? Does he think his players are stupid and buy into this shit?

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are talking about a Y4 for D2...

No.

D2 at its core is flawed. The only way I can see this being the case is that they scrapped ANY work done on D3 under activision.

I had a lot more fun with Destiny when it was published by Activision. Yea, I said it.

Also faction rallys are never coming back. Bungie has no idea what they are doing with this franchise and what made it great

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I had a lot more fun with Destiny when it was published by Activision. Yea, I said it.
I think this has become one of those things that seems like a controversial opinion but in reality isnt. Not ragging on you, just know a lot of people feel the same.
I’m coming back to give Trials and the new changes a chance, but we’ll see how it goes. I go through ‘the cycle’ with Destiny even worse than I do with ARPGs. I get in, I get INCREDIBLY excited about the game and invested into it, realize the problems under the surface, get uninspired, struggle to log in after a couple months. That said, the times I enjoy this franchise are fucking great times and I’m cool with that.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's everyones guardian looking like

guardian.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider

Well here we go, entering the cycle again.

I'm hyped as fuck. Four Horsemen (exotic shotgun with 4 barrels) also looks to be coming back

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Looks like pve activities this season will be a new EP style public event. Was hoping for a new raid but hopefully this ends up fun.

I'll be grinding for my second legend rank most of the time anyway. Unbroken here I come.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got a Outlaw/Rampage (zzZZzzzzzz) Trust. It's okay. Kinda wish it was Dragonfly/rampage. They need to redo their weapon perks. So stale.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Surprise surprise, the Director's Cut talked about making core activities better...

and the only ritual weapon for this season comes from Iron Banner

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That was written in the context of year four though, this season was already decided and made when that was written.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah, got replaced with a potentially even more annoying exotic. Titans can block off entire corridors and snipe you through their barricade now. So now they can see AND shoot you through walls 🤦‍♂️

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Once you get a Seraph weapon, the new seasonal mods are quite fun. For solar, it drops a ball and when you destroy it, it fucks everything.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm thoroughly enjoying the new tommy gun exotic, and the auto rifle buff in general. Hard Light went from collecting dust in the vault, to being with me always overnight, and I've been building my hunter for close quarters and high mobility shenanigans.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hard Light spam in the crucible is infuriating right now. 27 ricochets and a mag that lasts for 10 seconds of bullet hose.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hard pass on this season. Ill be back when they add some actual content. In the meanwhile ill be grinding some div 2. Maybe some PoE, delirium.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Stadia Pro is free for 2 months right now so I played some Crucible on my phone. I think the skill matchmaking must be platform specific because I was cleaning house like it placed me in a beginner game. I got put into a losing game but 30 seconds longer and we would have overtaken them.

Might finish my 4k - 5500 legend grind on it.

Screenshot_20200409-163030.png