Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Data miners have apparently confirmed a return of Trials with season 10: Season of the Worthy. Sounds like all crucible focus. We'll see.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah it was gonna happen eventually. Another reason for it is they invited some bigger twitch streamers to Bungie a few months back for ideas, and it was not PvE streamers, lol. I think they had Kraftyy out there among some others. And lo and behold, right after his trip, Kraftyy starts playing Destiny 2 again after not playing for like years. For those of you who dont know Kraftyy was THE trials carry dude on twitch single handed carrying 2 other people to lighthouse over and over. He basically made his name sweating it out in D1 and then later D2. (But I think D2 he struggled with because he now had to carry 3 others, and trials back then was a bunch of hand holding bullshit 2 primary back in YR1.

Still they have to fix the damn hacking that goes on in D2, especially PC. They definitely need some anti cheat. It would be a disaster for them to releae Trials again, and it gets mired in shit beause of aim botters, togglers, and wall hackers.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Still they have to fix the damn hacking that goes on in D2, especially PC. They definitely need some anti cheat. It would be a disaster for them to releae Trials again, and it gets mired in shit beause of aim botters, togglers, and wall hackers.

Oh it is going to be a shit show, but that does not keep people from bitching about Trails not being in game. Personally, I don't really get the appeal.

I would like to see Faction Rallies come back, but they would need to do something cool with it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I personally liked how faction stuff was in D1. You chose a faction from the 3, and then just grind it out while youre doing other stuff. Kind of like another exp bar. Then when you reach certain milestones, say Lv10, 15 Lv20 with faction XYZ, it opens up a quest chain, and when youre done you recieve reward. The pinnacle reward for the end could be some faction type armor, D1 had exclusive ships. They could have a vendor selling fixed rolls with level requirements, and once that lever req is met, you start to get random roll drops in the world, or other activities, etc...

I never liked the faction rally shit because it was time gated. Essentially a week to grind out crap. I would like to see faction stuff be more of a season long grind that just levels up in the background, like it was in D1.

Also on the Trials thing, I never really did trials other than fucking around with randoms on LFG. Im just not good enough in PvP in this game to compete at such a level. I get all nervous and start fucking up. But still I liked watching the streamers do it all weekend long. People like Kraftyy, WYL, etc...

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Never did it in D2 but ran plenty in D1.

Its basically like a competitive mode but on steroids. You got this "card" from a vendor, and you had to win 9 games but only allowed 3 losses to get there. If you failed you got another fresh card and tried again. It might have been 7 wins in D2, not sure. I think it started on a friday at daily reset and it lasted until tues reset if im not mistaken, but I could be. if you won you went to the "lighthouse" in D1 or whatever the fuck it was called in D2. Where you got special weapon rewards only available in that playlist. And you got an extra weapon at the 5th victory. In D2 they had tiers of rewards. But most of the D2 guns were trash. In D1 they actually had some good ones.

In D2 it was survival and countdown? In D1 it was pretty much a survival but you didnt get extra lives. So if you killed all 3 people you won. But in D1 you could rezz people.

The way it was in D1, it was light level enabled so LL mattered plus matchmaking pretty much made you verse other teams in your rank, so if you were on your second game, it would usually put you against another team on their second, and so on. So the further you got the better the team you were playing. Not sure how it was in D2.

Here is frostbolt playing a card... notice how slower everything was back then in D2... this was before the "go fast" update and all the other updates Forsaken brought, like 3 tap handcannon, 2 melle kill, etc.. Oh and the 2 primary meta, shotguns and snipers were all power ammo back then, lol.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It was cool because it gave PvP players a complete unique set of loot and an entire location that you couldn't even access if you didn't get a win. Each set of wins, 1 / 3 / 5 / 7 let you travel further into the lighthouse, access another vendor (Emissary of the Nine) and you could pick one of two loot options at each vendor.

Visually, the lighthouse is very similar to the unknown space when you first load into Reckoning. Just imagine a spire in the center instead of a pit.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was cool because it gave PvP players a complete unique set of loot and an entire location that you couldn't even access if you didn't get a win. Each set of wins, 1 / 3 / 5 / 7 let you travel further into the lighthouse, access another vendor (Emissary of the Nine) and you could pick one of two loot options at each vendor.

Visually, the lighthouse is very similar to the unknown space when you first load into Reckoning. Just imagine a spire in the center instead of a pit.

Bro what if the pit is there because the spire left when trials did. And when trials comes back so will the spire

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im sure it will be totally revamped. Like I said, they invited some key PvP folks to Bungie to do some brainstorming. I have a feeling that whatever comes is not going to be what it was.

I say do it like D1 was. Quicker matches, unless you can get to the rezzes. I have a feeling its gonna be 3v3 too.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Bro what if the pit is there because the spire left when trials did. And when trials comes back so will the spire

giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
This is probably going to sound dumb to the veterans, but I'd enjoy Destiny a lot more if there was also a class that didn't have a floaty jump.

Even the ability to jump higher or double-jump is fine, I just don't enjoy the full-time low gravity mechanics much. (flame retardant suit ON)

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This is probably going to sound dumb to the veterans, but I'd enjoy Destiny a lot more if there was also a class that didn't have a floaty jump.

Even the ability to jump higher or double-jump is fine, I just don't enjoy the full-time low gravity mechanics much. (flame retardant suit ON)
Hunter triple jump isn't floaty at all

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Yeah bro try playing Hunter with triple jump, I have the same issue and when I first started I’m not sure I’d have ever made it past the first couple of levels had I not restarted on a Hunter and found out that I loved the way they moved and flowed infinitely better. To this day, I fucking suck at jumping with Warlock or Titan in any capacity but especially trying to PvP or do raid puzzles and shit.

Fadaar

That guy
I think the jump is why I've stuck with the hunter for so long even though the other two classes are far superior