Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there's some weird stuff going on with the vex. i absolutely could be wrong, but based on a string of unconnected, but sort of actually connected lore tabs, i THINK the vex were originally created by the light as sort of a behind the scenes build team. i can't think of the weapon, but it's a vex rifle, in the lore tab it actually describes the weapon as a construction tool that has been modified to be lethal (or something to that effect). they originally followed orders from the traveller but then it left their system (like it has a habit of doing) and started running it's own survival programs so that they could continue working, but figured out that in order to survive they would need the darkness.

i think, honestly some of this stuff gets super lofty and the lore tabs tend to be extremely metaphorical.

i think one of the standing theories is that the vex are the "final shape" in the past iterations of the universe. the gardener and the winnower "played their game" over and over and the vex always won. so the gardener added paracausality to the mix. now darkness and light can manifest in much more concrete ways and the vex just simply cannot account for it anymore. so they WERE the final shape, but now paracausality has made US the final shape. /shrug

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

lol paracausality is a made up term that means space magic.

a little more in depth for those who aren't familiar. causality is the direct connection between cause and effect. you light a match and throw it at some gun powder, it explodes. acausality basically means that the effect happens WITHOUT the cause. the effect (as i understand it) still requires a cause, just that it doesn't happen in a linear fashion. the vex are acausal as they are basically masters of time travel. a future iteration can go back in time and actually create itself. this SHOULD cause all kinds of paradoxes, but it doesn't due to the fact that the very nature of the vex is 4 dimensional.

PARAcausal is (as close as anybody has been able to figure out, outside of bungie saying "this is what this means") is when you get cause and effect having no relation whatsoever. guardians are able to create explosions, weapons, barriers, etc out of literally nothing. there's a lore tab about a ghost talking about his guardian stuck on the almighty. there's a lot of stuff to sift through, but the important part is that the ghost is separated from his guardian. he talks about being worried that the guardian is trapped there alive, because he can't bring him back. he's kinda of talking to himself, trying to figure out why. one of the things he mentions is that if the guardian was dead he could bring him back, if he was atomized to nothing it would be a simple thing.

there are obviously limits to what light and darkness can and can't do, but if a ghost is linked to a guardian, that guardian can be completely vaporized into nothing and the ghost can literally re-create the guardian. there are no rules in the universe that should allow that to happen. THAT'S paracausality and it's why the vex can rampage across the multiverse unchecked, but they can't seem to figure out earthlings (or the hive). they simply cannot predict what guardians will do, because paracausality cannot be predicted.

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I bet the stories have changed 50 times but one thing I remember is there used to be hints that the Fallen were former followers of the Traveler. And it absorbed them and they fake it earth for war to get him back. Would be crazy if all of the races were created or elevated by the traveller in a way to try to build its own army against the darkness and they were failed attempts but still remain.

also there wasthe theory that the traveler is actually evil and as his agents were are the bad guys. And that’s why every race is after us.

Wonder if anything more would link to that. I stopped following lore on this stuff 6 years ago lol.

j00t

i'm pretty sure that it's official that the fallen were the last stop that the traveler had before coming to us. they worshipped it because it did the same thing for them that it did for us but then one day it just left them. the fallen have come to our system to take the traveler back from us. i think there's some hints that they consider us blasphemy.

and i absolutely agree that there's some more stuff going on with the traveler being not quite the savior we think he is. basically what happened is that the traveler came, "enlightened" us, and started terraforming some planets. rasputin was extremely wary, but there was no "emergency" so he couldn't really do anything without human approval. then, the darkness shows up and starts destroying everything in it's wake and the traveler decides to beat feet outta here. except rasputin considers this WHOLE thing an emergency and launches a ton of warsats at the traveler, crippling him so he can't go anywhere. he HAS to stand his ground and defend itself. so then the traveler creates ghosts and guardians.

we know that happened, we have all kinds of records that that's what happened. the question is why.

some people ( the trinary star cult, named in a few fleeting lore tabs) look at the situation as the traveler being something that doesn't fit in the natural order of the universe, and the darkness is sort of the galactic white anti-bodies that is trying to kill off the infection. the traveler is trying to escape the darkness and is using every sentient species it can find as a shield to buy it some more time.

it's honestly a pretty compelling argument. there are some pretty strong rumors going around about a new darkness subclass, and i imagine they'd go that route to explain it.

edit: there's a youtuber "my name is byf" that puts out destiny lore every week or so. he goes pretty in depth on a lot of stuff. a lot of the stuff is him just putting pieces together so it's not confirmed or anything, but he seems pretty spot on with everything i've seen

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I guess a few sources are saying next season is titled Season of the Arrival. I'm very interested to finally get some darkness answers.

One of the most interesting things to me is that in all recorded lore interactions with the Darkness, it communicated with the person in plain, familiar language. Of course I can't find the post now but I get the feeling that it's going to try and lure our guardian to their side rather than just come in hot and wipe us all out.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
What always gets me about Destiny is that the opening sequence feels like a grand space opera with hints of the larger tragedy of the Golden She's collapse. Then everything your character does feels like rather silly. You never actually go into the Last City and instead stay exclusively in the Tower which is significantly smaller than a strip mall. Everytime you go to a planet it doesn't feel like you are scouting a very small part of something bigger but are, instead, at the only place on the entire world where anything happens.

• 1Like

j00t

I guess a few sources are saying next season is titled Season of the Arrival. I'm very interested to finally get some darkness answers.

One of the most interesting things to me is that in all recorded lore interactions with the Darkness, it communicated with the person in plain, familiar language. Of course I can't find the post now but I get the feeling that it's going to try and lure our guardian to their side rather than just come in hot and wipe us all out.

I think the last mission for shadowkeep basically confirms this. The darkness speaks through your ghost telling you about how little the light has actually done. It abandoned cayde, it let crota rampage across the moon against all the guardians. When you meet the avatar or whatever it is that looks like you, it speaks rather politely to you, as well as saying that it heard your prayers and that it comes as your salvation

Fadaar

That guy
What always gets me about Destiny is that the opening sequence feels like a grand space opera with hints of the larger tragedy of the Golden She's collapse. Then everything your character does feels like rather silly. You never actually go into the Last City and instead stay exclusively in the Tower which is significantly smaller than a strip mall. Everytime you go to a planet it doesn't feel like you are scouting a very small part of something bigger but are, instead, at the only place on the entire world where anything happens.

I'm really hoping if they do another sequel (inevitable really, more a matter of when than if) that they can put next gen hardware to use and have MUCH MUCH larger maps. D1 came out barely a year (or maybe less than a year? forget dates) after the PS4/XB1 came out and D2 didn't really do anything innovative with regards to map size or graphics. If anything D2 was a massive step backwards for multiplayer, no more large outdoor maps like the Moon and Mars ones from D1 (lots of players + vehicles). I don't expect the Crucible/PVP in general to ever not be terrible due to it being a class based game but the worlds and their common zones should be waaaaaaaay bigger.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm really hoping if they do another sequel (inevitable really, more a matter of when than if) that they can put next gen hardware to use and have MUCH MUCH larger maps. D1 came out barely a year (or maybe less than a year? forget dates) after the PS4/XB1 came out and D2 didn't really do anything innovative with regards to map size or graphics. If anything D2 was a massive step backwards for multiplayer, no more large outdoor maps like the Moon and Mars ones from D1 (lots of players + vehicles). I don't expect the Crucible/PVP in general to ever not be terrible due to it being a class based game but the worlds and their common zones should be waaaaaaaay bigger.

Yeah, every time I'm at the tower, and look out over the city and surrounding mountains, it kills me knowing I can't just go out there and explore, especially when you can do literally that in a lot other games. Making this open world and adding in more meaningful RPG elements, putting the story in the game, and have you actually figure things out as you explore and adventure, is a wet dream for me.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rly hoping they save the full might of the Darkness (I think they are calling them The Veil?) for Destiny 3. Just give us a scouting group or something to beat back. Then we lose at the end of Year 4, which causes a second collapse and we get Destiny 3.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So this “season” was about the attack of the almighty. All it really was int he end was a cutscene, bounties, bunker upgrades and a finishing event.

“season of the arrival” will be the same.I imagine we will do shit to prep for the first shop to arrive, get maybe a cut scene and bounties where we do shitnto unite all the NPCs and the season. Will end with the first ship arriving to Jupiter. The next years expansion will be all of the big name NPCs coming together with us and Rasputin to defeat the darkness. Then we will get a few evens next year like the sundial where we basically just fight remnants of the darkness

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Rly hoping they save the full might of the Darkness (I think they are calling them The Veil?) for Destiny 3. Just give us a scouting group or something to beat back. Then we lose at the end of Year 4, which causes a second collapse and we get Destiny 3.

I would love to see Destiny 2 “end” with us losing and out guardian dying. Then 3 starts decades later when we are revived in a new solar system controlled by darkness and we need to start over with all new NPCs and such. I just don’t see how they can ring another game based around Zavala and the tower

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh we thought the same thing with D1->D2, bigger maps, more people, more vehicle stuff. Instead they made PvP 4v4 instead of 6v6, made everything blander with slowing us down, got rid of the secdondary weapons and moved them all into the power slot. And the same bullshit with the larger pve maps as with D1, 12 people max. (which is never really 12 people becuse they reserve 2 more slots for every person in the zone. Although some were larger now in D2 ill give them that. Then it took them a year to fix the shit because of Luke Smith's bright ideas. And what we ended up getting in yr 2 of D2 was Destiny 2, year of bounties.

Same as with all the other larger studios, they lost touch over time, they thought they could set off from Activision, but to tell you the truth D2 year 2 was pretty much made by those smaller studios supplied by Activision. A huge chunk of Forsaken and all of Warmind was done by those studios and that was the best parts of D2 yr 2, they probably did a large chunk of the moon as well. Continuing on later into yr2 it was all pretty much shit IMO. Brightest beacon was the moon they brought back but it was pretty much devoid of any meaningful content other than the horde mode of the season. And it was all but forgotten later instead of adding cool new content there. And IMO they need to get rid of Lukes ass. His ideas suck, time and time again.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Meh we thought the same thing with D1->D2, bigger maps, more people, more vehicle stuff. Instead they made PvP 4v4 instead of 6v6, made everything blander with slowing us down, got rid of the secdondary weapons and moved them all into the power slot. And the same bullshit with the larger pve maps as with D1, 12 people max. (which is never really 12 people becuse they reserve 2 more slots for every person in the zone. Although some were larger now in D2 ill give them that. Then it took them a year to fix the shit because of Luke Smith's bright ideas. And what we ended up getting in yr 2 of D2 was Destiny 2, year of bounties.

Same as with all the other larger studios, they lost touch over time, they thought they could set off from Activision, but to tell you the truth D2 year 2 was pretty much made by those smaller studios supplied by Activision. A huge chunk of Forsaken and all of Warmind was dddone by those studios and that was the best parts of D2 yr 2, they probably did a large chunk of the moon as well. Continuing on into yr 3 it was all pretty much shit IMO. Brightest beacon was the moon they brought back but it was pretty much devoid of any meaningful content other than the horde mode of the season. And it was all but forgotten later instead of adding cool new content there. And IMO they need to get rid of Lukes ass. His ideas suck, time and time again.

Your timeline is All over the place wrong.

D2
Warmind
Osiris and the invite forest
Forsaken
Black armory
Gambit season
Opulence season
Shadowkeep with vex event
Sundial season with saint 14
Almighty and Warmind season
New season

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Forsaken was yr 2 beginning, when they made all the changes to revert Lukes dumb ideas back to how it should have been, and osiris with the dumb infinite forest was before warmind, probably the worst expansion ever, when everyone quit. Forsaken is what brought them all back.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gambit was well before Black Armory, at least the activity itself. No idea about "season" since I lost interest in Destiny when they rolled that shit out.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Gambit was well before Black Armory, at least the activity itself. No idea about "season" since I lost interest in Destiny when they rolled that shit out.

they had season of the drifter which o called gambit in a drunken stupor

It’s when reckoning and gambit prime we’re released

Fadaar

That guy
Got 21% Delirium done finally so my gambit will now consist of bare minimums to hit the powerfuls every week unless they add more pinnacles worth chasing tied to Gambit. I actually made a fucking ton of progress toward completionist stuff this past season which is probably the only reason I didn't hate it, my focus was purely on acquiring all the old weapons I never got. Izanagi, Xenophage, the Gambit weapons. Python is fucking awesome btw, probably my favorite of the pinnacle weps. Caveat: I have none of the good crucible weapons including Recluse and Revoker. Current slogs are Malfeasance and Thorn but I'm not actively trying, if they happen they happen.