Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definitely hoping they streamline Stasis acquisition with Lightfall's release, one of the major things that's prevented me from messing around with a Titan is having to go back through all that again. I did it with my Hunter and then my Warlock, not worth a threepete. Pretty stoked in general for everything coming up. Feel like Lightfall is most of what Destiny 3 would have been if they stuck with Activision and just kept pumping sequels year after year, at this point I prefer them just keeping the train rolling.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Sale going on for WQ

1676397808808.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So one of the streamers I watch got back into this game so he could partake in the day one raid thats coming up. (FPSSOLID) Last he played this game was in like 2018 or 19? Back when we still had set rolls on guns and shit. He mentioned he bought Forsaken but quit right after it launched so he didnt end up playing it much. So anyway he mentioned that he had to pay something like $200 to get caught up and since he didnt buy the deluxe version of WQ, and 30th anniv, he didnt even have access to latest dungeon and of course the Gally. So he would hvae to spend another $50 or so for that shit. Now hes a streamer and says that this is part of being a streamer, spending moneys on games, so it does not matter that much to him, but just reinforces the point which is why more people dont play this shit or stick around after the F2P even if they wanted to. Its just too expensive to catch up on shit if youve been gone long time or just starting out. I mean its not as bad for those of us which stick around and just buy the latest exp deluxe and youre all set for the year. And of course there are sales like above, but still...

Anyway its funny to watch someone start this game up and see how terrible some of the the interface is and the new player experience as a whole.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So one of the streamers I watch got back into this game so he could partake in the day one raid thats coming up. (FPSSOLID) Last he played this game was in like 2018 or 19? Back when we still had set rolls on guns and shit. He mentioned he bought Forsaken but quit right after it launched so he didnt end up playing it much. So anyway he mentioned that he had to pay something like $200 to get caught up and since he didnt buy the deluxe version of WQ, and 30th anniv, he didnt even have acess to latest dungeon and of couse the gally. So he would hvae to spend another $50 or so for that shit. Now hes a streamer and says that this is part of being a streamer, spending moneys on games, but he just reinforces the point which is why more people dont play this shit even if they wanted to. Its just too expensive to catch up on shit if youve been gone long time or just starting out.

Yeah they need a catch all for all content like all the other games do it.

IE: FF14.

Here is a package for old content at $69.99 total that includes everything and the next expansion - then get people to join the season pass stuff.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah they need a catch all for all content like all the other games do it.

IE: FF14.

Here is a package for old content at $69.99 total that includes everything and the next expansion - then get people to join the season pass stuff.
Yeah he even mentioned how easy it was to get back to WoWs latest expasion, one price which included everything before no bullshit. But then again you pay monthly for those games still, dont you?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah he even mentioned how easy it was to get back to WoWs latest expasion, one price which included everything before no bullshit. But then again you pay monthly for those games still, dont you?

Yeah still have the monthly sub.

With Destiny 2 they should be giving away all the old content with the regular edition expansion - if people want to have all the season passes (and access to the dungeons, etc) keep the price point with value added. As it is now, I ended up getting back into it but went to G2A for the codes, didn't buy the 30th anniversary or any seasonal stuff with Witch queen. Still was around 70 bucks.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So anyway he mentioned that he had to pay something like $200 to get caught up and since he didnt buy the deluxe version of WQ, and 30th anniv, he didnt even have access to latest dungeon and of course the Gally.

Legacy pack + WQ Deluxe for $70 right now. 30th anniversary shit is not necessary for anyone, Gjally isn't what it used to be.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah right now, but this past Friday when he went to buy all that shit it was $100 and didnt include WQ deluxe only std, And then he spent another $100 for lighfall. (all steam prices) And 30th anniv is one of the only ways to get legacy gear and guns still other than waiting every week for xur to drop. So if youre hard up collector or just want some of that shit, you need it. I mean none of that shit is neccesary per say. He could have just bought the latest lighfall expansion and waited to play too. But then he would have been locked out of all the raids, dungeons, etc...

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beyond Light is free for me with PS+ and I’m seeing WQ Deluxe going for 17 quid. Very tempted. Even if I don’t pick up BL immediately I’m thinking that’s still a fair bit of content to plug through.

Worth taking the leap?

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Beyond Light is free for me with PS+ and I’m seeing WQ Deluxe going for 17 quid. Very tempted. Even if I don’t pick up BL immediately I’m thinking that’s still a fair bit of content to plug through.

Worth taking the leap?
I mean even if you skip a season or two, the way they are doing seasonal content now you can always go back and catch up on all the past season(s) stories you missed and pick up all the guns and gear since seasons stick around for an entire year now before going away. But WQ is getting vaulted 28th of this month so if you do jump in you have a couple of weeks, worth it? Maybe? There is some cool guns you could pick up the frames for daily now and craft them before time runs out.

Not sure how they will handle the campaigns, if its going away fully or will it still be around? Who the fuck knows. WQ campaign on legendary was killer though IMO.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Not sure how they will handle the campaigns, if its going away fully or will it still be around? Who the fuck knows.

No DLC is being vaulted anymore. Only seasonal activities / quests go away at the end of the year.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah the full campaigns for the last 5 expansions are still available and Beyond Light and Witch Queen won’t be vaulted for at least another year or two. Just the 4 seasonal activities from this year

psi ops
Derelict levaiathan
Ketchcrash
heist battlegrounds

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah the full campaigns for the last 5 expansions are still available and Beyond Light and Witch Queen won’t be vaulted for at least another year or two. Just the 4 seasonal activities from this year

psi ops
Derelict levaiathan
Ketchcrash
heist battlegrounds

Actually they said they're adding psiops and heists into the vanguard playlist so those are staying

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff

psi ops
Derelict levaiathan
Ketchcrash
heist battlegrounds

This entire post is incorrect. BL and WQ are never being vaulted and two of the four seasonal activities are being added to normal rotators, some Heists are even getting GM treatment.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
lol I feel like I missed a lot of plot since quitting after that first expac.