Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Isn't the armor class restricted though? So unless you make the same class you won't be able to equip any of the armor

Yeah, thats why they are making a second of the same class. They did the same shit in D1 too. I remember people skirting around the 1 nighfall, 1 raid per week, by making 3 of the same class and running that shit 3x a week.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It's based on the max power level gear across all of your characters that you can equip. I'd imagine that once your titan gets to 20 you will benefit from the weapons, but you won't be able to equip the armor so drops won't be as high as your main
Wait, so if I roll a diff class as an alt, at 20 I'll get power drops around my titans power?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Is it just me, or is Stormcaller just hands-down better than Dawnblade / Voidwalker? Between going full Emperor Palpatine as a super and the utility of Arc Soul I seem to be much more effective as Stormcaller. I'm also a bit surprised they didn't come up with a genuinely new subclass for each of the main classes, but I guess they wanted to stick to the Arc/Fire/Void trifecta of elements.

Not just you. Void isn't bad, the super is good for melting bosses, one of the melee specs activates "the hunger" or some shit on melee strike which gives health for every melee after for a short while which is nice. Dawnblade seems worthless so far. Super blows and runs out too fast.

Stormbringer just feels best. Rift perk that give the little light ball thingy that attacks is really handy with large groups and the Super is probably the best in the game for cleaning up adds.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, thats why they are making a second of the same class. They did the same shit in D1 too. I remember people skirting around the 1 nighfall, 1 raid per week, by making 3 of the same class and running that shit 3x a week.
I understand that, the post I was replying to implied that the alt was of a different class

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So anyone want to clue me in why im not getting engrams higher than 265 when im 266?

Working as intended? I had to do exotic weapon quests to get past 265 than they started bumping as normal. Also:
upload_2017-9-11_10-21-36.png

37 hrs already...wups.

Wasted on Destiny 2

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
to join the clan just click this link and join on your platform(s) of choice
FOH Clan | Bungie.net

getting light level past 265 is tricky, and you can easily fuck up and mess it up. Its a combination of SOME engrams being "higher" than 265 - exotic engrams and specific quest rewards and weekly challenge engrams give higher level, so you want to save even LOOTING those (item levels are locked once they go into your inventory) until you are 265. If you fuck up and for example do the quest to do ~10 crucible games before you are 265, you will get an item below 265 and fuck yourself out of higher gear. The second thing is that the mod slot can add 5 light level to an item, but the power level of an item is considered without the mod. Its very confusing and tricky especially when it comes to infusions, there is a long explanation in the "road map" I link below.

The tl;dr version of min/maxing is this: level from 3-20 just doing public events and patrols on EDZ, don't do any quests. You will get tons and tons of coins. The second you hit 20 you can do the main campaign, it works 100x better on alts since you can infuse 265-275 blue gear from your main into your alt the second he hits 20. The quest drops you get from the last few quests will drop at your highest alt light level so having 270 gear will make it nice.

Now, main or alt, you want to just grind public events - Titan is easy - until you are light 265. You can supplement it with Lost Sectors while PEs are down, they will drop 1-2 blue items every time and take 5 mins. Try to unlock heroic public events if you can, higher shot at exotic engrams. Don't "save" engrams from PEs, go to the tower and unlock them immediately since they are level locked at drop. Save all those coin/token things. Once you are 265, blow through the tokens and you will maybe make it up to 267, 270, 271 depending on how lucky you get with mods and exotics.

Now you want to start doing all the challenge stuff (do 10 crucible, do a few strikes, do public events, etc) and the exotic weapon questlines (1 per planet, start with the blue quest) and you can do nightfall and loot the special engrams, like the clan engrams, ikora's engrams, caydes engrams, and loot cayde's special treasure chests. These items drop at like 10-15 light levels higher than your current max. Once you hit 280, you can buy power mods from the gunsmith that add 5 light to every item.

You do NOT need to roll and delete multiple chars though, I am light level 283 on my warlock and I have only one char, my alt is only level 3 and I just started him yesterday after finishing everything on my main. The only people doing that are those trying for world first on the raid, and are trying to be close to 300 light. Past 285 light is going to require alt rerolls in the first week, but just doing the raid next week will probably get everyone closer to 300.

Basic tips to max power (light level) in D2, pre-raid:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm at 278 on my new Titan (rerolled from hunter because I'm very, very low skill and Titan is much more forgiving imo). You do have to start over on different classes, but you can transfer weapons from your "main" (ie exotic 270 weapons on my titan when I started helped me get to 240 easy, then just farmed lost sectors and PE's to 255/260, then rep turn ins to 265, then finished the main story quest for Zavala's exotic, then did my powerful engram quests - guild stuff, crucible, weekly EDZ). Now I'm 278 and just starting my exotic quests so MIDA should pop out pretty high level to get me to 280 tonight which will allow you to get the purple weapon/armor mods. Not that bad really as long as it's all done in order.

STILL need to knock out nightfall tonight if anyone's interested. I'm at 48 hours played, and shocked by how much I've enjoyed this because the beta was an AWFUL representation of the game as a whole imo

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
FOH Clan | Bungie.net

getting light level past 265 is tricky, and you can easily fuck up and mess it up. Its a combination of SOME engrams being "higher" than 265 - exotic engrams and specific quest rewards and weekly challenge engrams give higher level, so you want to save even LOOTING those (item levels are locked once they go into your inventory) until you are 265. If you fuck up and for example do the quest to do ~10 crucible games before you are 265, you will get an item below 265 and fuck yourself out of higher gear. The second thing is that the mod slot can add 5 light level to an item, but the power level of an item is considered without the mod. Its very confusing and tricky especially when it comes to infusions, there is a long explanation in the "road map" I link below.

The tl;dr version of min/maxing is this: level from 3-20 just doing public events and patrols on EDZ, don't do any quests. You will get tons and tons of coins. The second you hit 20 you can do the main campaign, it works 100x better on alts since you can infuse 265-275 blue gear from your main into your alt the second he hits 20. The quest drops you get from the last few quests will drop at your highest alt light level so having 270 gear will make it nice.

Now, main or alt, you want to just grind public events - Titan is easy - until you are light 265. You can supplement it with Lost Sectors while PEs are down, they will drop 1-2 blue items every time and take 5 mins. Try to unlock heroic public events if you can, higher shot at exotic engrams. Don't "save" engrams from PEs, go to the tower and unlock them immediately since they are level locked at drop. Save all those coin/token things. Once you are 265, blow through the tokens and you will maybe make it up to 267, 270, 271 depending on how lucky you get with mods and exotics.

Now you want to start doing all the challenge stuff (do 10 crucible, do a few strikes, do public events, etc) and the exotic weapon questlines (1 per planet, start with the blue quest) and you can do nightfall and loot the special engrams, like the clan engrams, ikora's engrams, caydes engrams, and loot cayde's special treasure chests. These items drop at like 10-15 light levels higher than your current max. Once you hit 280, you can buy power mods from the gunsmith that add 5 light to every item.

You do NOT need to roll and delete multiple chars though, I am light level 283 on my warlock and I have only one char, my alt is only level 3 and I just started him yesterday after finishing everything on my main. The only people doing that are those trying for world first on the raid, and are trying to be close to 300 light. Past 285 light is going to require alt rerolls in the first week, but just doing the raid next week will probably get everyone closer to 300.

We need to get first post updated with stuff like this so come PC release, we can have it all nice and juicy at our finger tips! Hekotat Hekotat

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's based on the max power level gear across all of your characters that you can equip. I'd imagine that once your titan gets to 20 you will benefit from the weapons, but you won't be able to equip the armor so drops won't be as high as your main
Hm, didn't think of that. Will test that out later today.

PS: THey really need to fix whatever is causing chests / resource nodes to not drop anything.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
FOH Clan | Bungie.net

I have gotten probably 20 engrams from turning in coins and not once have I gotten a legendary higher than 265 (I'm at 270 power) I don't think it's possible unless it somehow comes with a legendary mod

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I do like how this game is dealing with the big elephants in the room: namely the Traveler and the Speaker and the whole overarching original plotline made no sense after they gutted the story a year before release. I still think the original story was far superior, but at least they are addressing the issues now as opposed to just having yet another bad guy show up.

Then again while there are mini intros to the 5 main enemy races (Cabal, Vex, Hive, Fallen, Taken) they still don't address the whole Awoken vs Human vs Exo business in any meaningful way.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have gotten probably 20 engrams from turning in coins and not once have I gotten a legendary higher than 265 (I'm at 270 power) I don't think it's possible unless it somehow comes with a legendary mod

Thats what Im saying, something is wrong here. Last night I played the whole fucking day, and im 268 light and I didnt get one legendary past 265. I think the only stuff you get thats higher than 265 is maybe the quest stuff and nightfall, exotic engrams etc, shit like that.

yvQo4LJ.jpg

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Once you break 271 or 272 the base lvl of engrams will start to go up, all my engrams atm decode at 273.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I guess tonight I will do the quests for that hand cannon on nessus, I kept one exotic engram for it last night. My only other option is to farm more exotic engrams, which seem to be about one per day, lol. Oh i still have the 10 games of PvP, and Cades stash shit to do too to break that 268.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah if you are 265 or so right now check every piece of gear and make sure nothing has a 5 attack/defense purple mod on it, if it does its really an item that is 260 as far as the level calculator is concerned. You can take infuse that 260+5 item with a regular 265 blue and suddenly it'll jump to 270. But its not obvious at all and you have to constantly be inspecting items to see if they have + light mods on them or not.

drop ilevels do constantly creep up for engrams but its all based off a hidden power level value you can't actually seem to see anywhere.