Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah if you are 265 or so right now check every piece of gear and make sure nothing has a 5 attack/defense purple mod on it, if it does its really an item that is 260 as far as the level calculator is concerned. You can take infuse that 260+5 item with a regular 265 blue and suddenly it'll jump to 270. But its not obvious at all and you have to constantly be inspecting items to see if they have + light mods on them or not.

drop ilevels do constantly creep up for engrams but its all based off a hidden power level value you can't actually seem to see anywhere.

Wait... you're saying if I infuse a 265 item that has a legendary mod INTO a 265 item without a legendary mod, that second mod gets bumped up to 270? Does the Legendary mod transfer over? Thats not how I read it to work.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Only ones with those that I have are exotics. I dont think I ever saw a legendary with that mod, most legendarys have blue mods.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait... you're saying if I infuse a 265 item that has a legendary mod INTO a 265 item without a legendary mod, that second mod gets bumped up to 270? Does the Legendary mod transfer over? Thats not how I read it to work.
No, the mod will not transfer, that is why you get an error message if you try to infuse a 260+5 into a 260, since the game will see the 260+5 as a 260 during the infusion attempt.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Read again. He said if you infuse a 265 into a 260(+5) that it will show as a 270, even though it's really 265(+5).

Infusion isn't confusing at all. Just look at your mods.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah infusing isn't really all that tricky, just not intuitive at first glance.

Infusion always uses the base power without any mods.

I kinda got pissed that I screwed myself in the beginning by completing certain quests with low power level, but then realized it is week 1. No real need to get worked up over it

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This game must be moving PS4s as well. I was out looking for a pro in usual spots, all gone.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So it looks like turning in coins is a waste once you have 265 legendaries in every slot. They are capped out at 265 until you hit an overall power of 272, at which they become your overall power minus 6.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So it looks like turning in coins is a waste once you have 265 legendaries in every slot. They are capped out at 265 until you hit an overall power of 272, at which they become your overall power minus 6.

Alts! Unless they are char specific.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Read again. He said if you infuse a 265 into a 260(+5) that it will show as a 270, even though it's really 265(+5).

Infusion isn't confusing at all. Just look at your mods.

Okay, so basically I just had it backwards I guess. Thanks, that might be what I was missing to push through 269.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah i think im gonna make an alt today, another titan, level him up in public events to 20 then do all the shit for more rewards. At the worst I will just have 2 titans to do the weekly raid/pvp shit.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So yea, if you make an alt of a different class they won't have the same plvl drops that your main has once they hit 20.

Tokens / Resources are account based, as are gunsmith materials.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well im confsed then, because thats what some of the streamers were doing to get to 300, or close to it. Realkraftyy made 3 warlocks to get to 299. So youre telling me they nerfed this and it does not work anymore?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well im confsed then, because thats what some of the streamers were doing to get to 300, or close to it. Realkraftyy made 3 warlocks to get to 299. So youre telling me they nerfed this and it does not work anymore?
No, that should work. Zindan is just saying that if you use different classes that you won't get the same power drops on your alt.

For the same class alts, Some people are reporting that having the same class is causing some of their powerful engrams and exotics to be bugged for both the main and the alt, but we don't really know why or what exactly causes it. Or if it impacts just a small percentage or a whole bunch.