Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Odd, so having a 281 warlock -does- seem to effect the lvl of drops my titan is getting, or at least increasing the speed at which the base lvl of the drops increases. My titan is only 268, but blues are dropping at 267 already.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Odd, so having a 281 warlock -does- seem to effect the lvl of drops my titan is getting, or at least increasing the speed at which the base lvl of the drops increases. My titan is only 268, but blues are dropping at 267 already.
It will use the weapons on your warlock for the calculation since your titan can equip them.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It will use the weapons on your warlock for the calculation since your titan can equip them.
Right, for some reason I thought I had given my Titan the highest lvl'd weapons, but looking again I had not, so its possible max was higher than 268. oops.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Bungie needs to add your max power level to you character sheet along with your current power level.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Anyone want to do nightfall tonight? Want to get it done before reset, I'll be on around 7:15 pst. At power level 271.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Also looking for Nightfall (non-Exotic quest is perfectly fine). At 271/270

PSN: LostVirtue

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just got level 20 and 201 Light. Haven't done anything past the very first mission on Titan. Took maybe 7 - 10 hours, but I had a few breaks and learning efficiency. Was sick as hell too.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
God damn the gear upgrades past 240 are slow going. Ran 3 strikes, got nothing usable including a legendary engram.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
leveled my titan alt and running around the planet titan just chain running (heroic) public events is definitely the way to go. Went from level 5 (had to go that far to unlock the titan planet) to 14 in ~3 hours and collected tons (115) of arcology tokens and glimmer along the way. Then when I hit 20 I can run it a few more times/infuse to 265, then run the campaign and all the quest gear should be 265+ and ever increasing since you get a few exotics along the way, plus all the xp you get after 20 counts towards bright engrams. Obviously a stupid way to level if you haven't seen the story at all, but its fast and has a lot of gear/power advantages over doing story first and then public events.

Titan is great because there is only 1 PE spot in the first area and you can just walk/sparrow to the 2nd area, which only has 2 possible PE spawn points both next to each other. I would do a PE, go to the next spot, afk for 3-5 mins, and usually the 2nd PE was almost done by others by then.

Glimmer and engrams are unique to each character but everything else seems to be shared, including consumables (not sure about all) and all mods/shaders.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
God damn the gear upgrades past 240 are slow going. Ran 3 strikes, got nothing usable including a legendary engram.
strikes are fucking slow. i recommend doing sidequests to up your engram looting from the tokens. those are the shit especially if you just pass by treasure chests which you can detect with one of those thing from Cayde.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
leveled my titan alt and running around the planet titan just chain running (heroic) public events is definitely the way to go. Went from level 5 (had to go that far to unlock the titan planet) to 14 in ~3 hours and collected tons (115) of arcology tokens and glimmer along the way. Then when I hit 20 I can run it a few more times/infuse to 265, then run the campaign and all the quest gear should be 265+ and ever increasing since you get a few exotics along the way, plus all the xp you get after 20 counts towards bright engrams. Obviously a stupid way to level if you haven't seen the story at all, but its fast and has a lot of gear/power advantages over doing story first and then public events.

Titan is great because there is only 1 PE spot in the first area and you can just walk/sparrow to the 2nd area, which only has 2 possible PE spawn points both next to each other. I would do a PE, go to the next spot, afk for 3-5 mins, and usually the 2nd PE was almost done by others by then.

Glimmer and engrams are unique to each character but everything else seems to be shared, including consumables (not sure about all) and all mods/shaders.
Glimmer is shared.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm stuck at 267. All I'm getting is 260-265 gear.

edit - also I'm up for any nightfalls. Play Sentinel support. PSN ID - colossalFISH

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

I think there's a step / process I'm missing, not that I care -that- much. But on my first playthrough the infusion process seems like I won't be able to do this method without doing the story or hitting 20. I mean it's obviously possible, but having no infusion materials, and no main with 265+ weapon, there's nothing to infuse. So it is small +1, +2 upgrade blues on the way up, not counting the rare lego engram drop.

Think I'm just going to do the story, because it is interesting and a fun experience so far. Then figure out some optimisations from there.

spronk

FPS noob
I think there's a step / process I'm missing, not that I care -that- much. But on my first playthrough the infusion process seems like I won't be able to do this method without doing the story or hitting 20. I mean it's obviously possible, but having no infusion materials, and no main with 265+ weapon, there's nothing to infuse. So it is small +1, +2 upgrade blues on the way up, not counting the rare lego engram drop.

Think I'm just going to do the story, because it is interesting and a fun experience so far. Then figure out some optimisations from there.

yeah it doesn't work like I wrote, I forgot bungie removed the ability to infuse gear from a different class so all my 274 warlock armor is useless to my titan for infusion (doh). Still, I just hit 20 a few mins ago on my titan and am already 245 light with just a few drops from public events and my weapons, should be able to grind up to ~260 fairly quickly with public event blue drops and then do the main storyline quest which should reward 265+ gear, I think? Not sure, will run it and see what happens. Some drops in the story missions were much higher light than I currently was, but I dunno if they are capped or if they work off your current light level.

Plus either way I'll get a shit load of bright engrams from the XP from the story missions, but the downside is the main social space is locked for me until I hit 20 on my titan. Still, it took only 6-7 hours to go 5-20, not bad at all.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I started second titan last night. Was doing other shit too, but about 3 hours and I got him to 10, barely touching the story, Only opened up titan so far. The thing thats fucked up is you dont get the quick travel points or none of the shit even shows up on the map, so I was driving around earth and if I saw a PE, I would join in. Got my ass kicked hard on some of them being like 100 light but PE was 160+ but they all still gave me gear and tokens.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
I did they same thing yesterday with my 2nd warlock 2 -20 4hours doing public events then 4 to 5ish more hours to do the story

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hit 250 only from PE. I did unlock the story and start the exotic quest a bit early, so I won't be able to fluff the 270 game. Grouping with the wife and another RL friend mostly, but we plan to start strikes tonight. They learned from my mistakes.

Still haven't finished any of the first loot milestones so that may help.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
I hit 284 on my Hunter last night. Game is good, a bit short. Feels more like a DLC than a whole new full game TBH.

Lets see if Bungie will be able to keep up with the end game supply and demand. I doubt it. I see a short future in this franchise.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got to 273 before reset, going to level up a second warlock. Got him to level 12 or 13 in a couple of hours.

Hopefully the raid doesn't suck