Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's only 29 shards, that's 10 purple dismantles. You can manage before the time he disappears.

Hell maybe consider dismantling a low level exotic if you have to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's only 29 shards, that's 10 purple dismantles. You can manage before the time he disappears.

Hell maybe consider dismantling a low level exotic if you have to.

I have the stupid chain gun which I despise, I just might have to.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have the stupid chain gun which I despise, I just might have to.
Plus you can always recreate it at a later point once you have more shards than you need. I think it's pretty important to at least get the item once even if you dismantle it just so you have the option of using it at a later point

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Another reason to grind public events, you get a shit load of planet tokens and you can turn them in, 20 at a time gives you a purple engram which you can dismantle. 20-30 shards is pretty cheap thought it might go up to 100.

If you do feel that you are cock blocked by your light level, roll an alt. These are the following power engrams you can do each week without much trouble once you hit 20, each one is gonna drop 10-15 light levels above your current max (on that char) so you can rise up pretty fast. Today morning I started doing some of them on my titan and I went from 273 to 285 base (blue drops) in ~2 hours:

Crucible call to arms weekly (~6-8 games)
Nightfall weekly
Flashpoint Public events (1 rando planet picked each week, do a couple of PE's get a power engram)
earn clan XP
2-4x clan engrams (nightfall, crucible, trials, raid)

and of course doing the exotic quests once will drop them at +15 light levels, 4 weapons and those help a lot as will any exotic engrams you get from heroic public events, i've seen 5 drop in ~100 PEs. I haven't stepped into the raid and feel like I could spend all week just doing these power engram grinds on 3 chars and you'll slowly make your way to 305 (310?) without ever raiding, which is kinda weird but nice I guess.

Trials is live anyways, it seems you must complete the call to arms PVP weekly quest at least once to do it which is throwing off a lot of streamers.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Trials also requires 260 PL.

Lol at streamers bitching about PvP trials requiring completion of PvP challenges. Shaxx's milestone only takes like 8 games.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not really enjoying Titan, reminds me of when I came back to RoI and played Titan for the first day then punted it for Hunter. I think I'll switch to Warlock this time though, the health regen you can get from devour just sounds too good to pass up for mostly solo play. What's the optimal time to swap though? I'm like P222 right now, should finish the story in an hour or so. I've already got a sparrow from bright engrams, but unfortunately never got any dust for an XP consumable. Is there any reason to try to get to ~260 first or am I better off just starting over the moment I finish the story?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You just want to get as high as you can for the exotic quests, like mida etc, exotic rewards and weekly challenge stuff. The exotics are all +15 power, so if you are 265, that means you get some 280 stuff. I learned the hard way the story dont mean shit. I waited on my second character and still got 105 power shit, so all that matters is the stuff after.

Then you can transfer the guns to your main, or whatever. I made 2 titans though so I was 265 right when I hit 20. I did the entire story with my kid helping in a few hours after.

Last edited:

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I cant play anything other than warlock due to the melee hit box. Fuck aiming that shit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From seeing a few streams of this raid, Im not even sure I want to do it, lol. Looks fucking boring, too much coordination, and too much time spent. Even if you know wtf youre doing. It seems too punishing even if one person is a dud. I think they are jumping the shark with all this coordination thing, fucking synchronized dance team. This is a fucking shooter, I want to shoot some shit, and in a raid I want to shoot bigger and badder things.

Think im gonna play the game regular mode and just PvP.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So my gunsmith telemetry thingy now requires I complete the raid. Hope I can hit 270ish this weekend
Explain about this gunsmith telemetry thingy. Is it something you got from wearing a Ghost with the telemetry perk, or does it happen to be the item you get from killing Cabal on Nessus?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think thats just a quest leading up to the raid. Telemetry is a rare ass thing you get to drop, looks like a little square thing in your inventory that you hand into gunsmith for extra rep.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems Adventure rewards scale up to your power level, had thought they would reward items at the recommended lvl for them.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So why in the hell is my luminous engram st 275 power when I am at 280?

Check you mods, likely be able to push your gear further with blues. That 275 might really be a 270.

Unrelated 290 titan running NF for people, join drakonin626 party.

• 1Like