Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
How high do unclaimed engrams/items scale? I've got the exotic engram from the story end, a legendary engram, and a titan mark from Ikora for doing challenges all waiting to be claimed. They've been steadily going up as my power increases, so I've left them sitting there. I did notice that the clan crucible reward one does not increase in level when unclaimed, so I guess I might as well grab that one.

You want to save the exotic engram for mida quest. Also save 5 blue (or purple) scout rifles, put them in vault.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep, I've got exotic (got one of the damn things from the very first PE I did on my warlock at level 2) and legendary engrams saved plus the scout rifles. Was just concerned about when it was safe to grab the stuff that's percolating on NPCs.

I'm going to try to hold off doing the MIDA quest until I'm ~280 since I saw some people on reddit saying that they got their quest guns at 295 by waiting. Sturm I'll probably just do whenever since I don't much care about it, and Rat King I'm fairly sure I won't be doing at all (stupid fireteam requirements and I don't intend to ever even unlock Crucible let alone play it).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yep, I've got exotic (got one of the damn things from the very first PE I did on my warlock at level 2) and legendary engrams saved plus the scout rifles. Was just concerned about when it was safe to grab the stuff that's percolating on NPCs.

I'm going to try to hold off doing the MIDA quest until I'm ~280 since I saw some people on reddit saying that they got their quest guns at 295 by waiting. Sturm I'll probably just do whenever since I don't much care about it, and Rat King I'm fairly sure I won't be doing at all (stupid fireteam requirements and I don't intend to ever even unlock Crucible let alone play it).
Crucible is worth doing for the weekly luminous engram if nothing else. Takes a little over an hour if I had to guess to get it

spronk

FPS noob
It went pretty good until the gardens. Took a few tries on the baths, but that was really more to get the mechanics of the fight down. If we had to do it again I think it would be pretty easy.

On the gardens, it took awhile to get the paths down of all of the dogs and just a general feel for the layout. By the end we were getting 4 flowers pretty easily, but having watched a few videos since we quit last night I think our problem was actually killing some of the dogs in the first phase. We really should just have everyone start going to a set area for each person and everyone damage a dog down. The timer for the next phase is way too short once you kill one of them.

I've only seen a few videos of the fight but I thought this was a smart strat for pubs / groups with lower light levels, basically you get 36 stacks or so with sneaking the first round and then kill the front 2 dogs, now you never have to "sneak" again and you kill 2 more dogs next round (as a group) and then final 2 dogs last round (as a group). No sneaking except in part 1 so easy for flower team to get stacks in 2 & 3, and you don't have to worry about lower light people not being able to kill 1 dog. Much easier probably to kill 1 dog and move to next as a group too.
Easy Pleasure Garden Strat • r/DestinyTheGame

There is a strat too for doing it all in 1 round but it requires 72 stacks and everyone assigned a dog, i think that is just asking for small wipe disasters whereas the first way lets stronger players carry weaker ones.

also don't forget any keys you get from the first 4 fights all despawn on raid reset day (in 3 days), if you wanna get the chests that the keys open you have to go into the sewers area and do rando shit to get to the chests. You'll loot 3 keys from the first 3 fights I think, so 3 of the 9 will unlock and can drop an exotic engram.
[Spoiler] All 9 Secret Chests • r/DestinyTheGame

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Getting to 280 is pretty tough though. You get to 265 and it's shit ways to get higher, the weekly stuff, raid, and exotic engrams. I managed to get to like 275 last night, but it's my second titan.

Also has anyone done the Cayde hidden chests? Managed to get them all last night but didn't get shit except a blue and some shaders. Did I do something wrong? People been saying they got some dead orbit pulse this week.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
IMG_9622.jpg

• 1Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Getting to 280 is pretty tough though. You get to 265 and it's shit ways to get higher, the weekly stuff, raid, and exotic engrams. I managed to get to like 275 last night, but it's my second titan.
I'm going to make at least 2 warlocks, might delete the titan and make a third if I don't get hit by the bug that messes up your reward levels. I don't hate the titan, but even just halfway through the story I can already tell that Attunement of Hunger is far more fun/effective than any of the titan specs for what I do. Devour is so good that I wouldn't be surprised if those fuckers nerf it though. If I end up using Merciless full time and get one of the top tier legendaries like Nameless Midnight or Nightshade I might say screw it and do the MIDA quest earlier.

Also has anyone done the Cayde hidden chests? Managed to get them all last night but didn't get shit except a blue and some shaders. Did I do something wrong? People been saying they got some dead orbit pulse this week.
They're just random chests that are generally quite a bit better than normal ones. Can still get all crap (or nothing at all) if your luck sucks.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Doing Strike playlist challenges on my Titan and Lock if anyone wants to tag along. Can help with NF too if anyone still needs. XB1 master race lol ;p

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
This is way better than last time cuz they go to your collection so at least you can use them to infuse legendaries lol.x

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So finally pushed my way into 283. Did mida today on my second and got that fucker to drop at 294 which pushed me over. Still have the one on nessus to do and my first titan still needs his PvP weekly shit done. Maybe I'll hit 290 by tues.

Btw the PvP is shit. Like every other game is stacked premade shitting all over your random team. Not fun. Took me like almost 2 hrs last night to finish weekly. Feels way different than D1.

My son figured out a way to do same pe over and over. You get done with one, right after do quick travel to same place, which switches instance I guess And usually there is another one in progress. Rinse and repeat until they are done.

I told him they pop up all the time anyway, so who cares lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is way better than last time cuz they go to your collection so at least you can use them to infuse legendaries lol.x

Best was the 3 of coins era. Exotics would drop like candy. Guaranteed a few every night.

spronk

FPS noob
i still have like 70 exotic engrams in D1, farming that one fallen strike captain boss and then rocketing yourself to death was top kek. turned out to be completely worthless though.

fast traveling to the same point to chain PEs is interesting, might try it tonight when I level my final hunter alt