Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Anyone else having an issue of going to the tower and having it have no NPC's or players? The place is completely empty.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else having an issue of going to the tower and having it have no NPC's or players? The place is completely empty.

I had an issue once where nothing loaded except audio. It was a blank screen, but I could hear everyone. Had to restart the game completely. No idea how to replicate it though. And yeah, no. No double dipping. This will be the game where we blast through the game, and as we all understood when getting into it, shelf the thing for months waiting for something new to do and pick it up again for 5-10 hours. Rinse and repeat until Destiny 3.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Should i be waiting to do the main story missions? Got to lvl 8 by just doing public events and killing random stuff in EDZ

There is a dead space at about lv12-15 or so. So waht I reccomend doing is do PEs on titan until you reach 15, then do the rest of the story. By that time you will be all kited out with all blues with your favorite blue weapon types too. Then you should get lv20 jut before last quest, or during the last quest. Bonus, when you get the main quest done, go back to titan and claim all the tokens for some instant legendary gear/weapons.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has happened twice in the Tower and once in the Farm, people and npc's popped in about 20 seconds later.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had an issue once where nothing loaded except audio. It was a blank screen, but I could hear everyone. Had to restart the game completely. No idea how to replicate it though.
If you wait it will eventually load; I've had it happen several times and it's about 1-2 minute wait usually. I would try to avoid shutting the game down improperly or else you might run into the problem I had where it made the game stutter like crazy and the console itself was extremely slow to open other apps (like the Headphone thing). Had to rebuild the database in safe mode to fix it.

Never seen the completely empty thing though, just a bunch of blue sparkly people when the DB was busted and models/textures took ages to load.

There is a dead space at about lv12-15 or so. So waht I reccomend doing is do PEs on titan until you reach 15, then do the rest of the story. By that time you will be all kited out with all blues with your favorite blue weapon types too. Then you should get lv20 jut before last quest, or during the last quest. Bonus, when you get the main quest done, go back to titan and claim all the tokens for some instant legendary gear/weapons.
I leveled as you suggested yesterday and it worked great. Popped the XP boost at L8 and was 20 with almost two hours left on it, then got 2.5 bright engram levels afterwards because I didn't want to waste the boost. This week is super easy because Titan is also the Flashpoint and people actually show up to the hive event too.
----------------------

Currently 275 on my titan after incremental upgrades from infusing blues and then grabbing the clan rewards--which fucked me because all the items were for slots I already had much higher items in. MIDA Mini-tool is being offered at 280, but I already have a 280+5 Coldheart in that slot so there's no really much benefit there. If I do the beginning of Sturm und Drang series is Drang going to be the same level as the Mini-tool? If so, then I guess I'm better off getting the rest of the luminous engrams for the week first. This is the most obtuse and retarded progression system I've ever seen in a game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I actually dont think they wanted you to level past 270ish the first few weeks like us diehards are doing, this is why they made it so hard. another thing I found ood was that after the reset yesterday, I hopped on on my 3rd character, because he had all the shit already equipped. So I hop on, did the crucible thing, did the flashopoint and clan exp and got actual upgrades, now im at 294 or so, thinking sweet, I have 2 more characters to get upgrades on. But then I did the same with my other 2 titans and was not getting upgrades, shit only dropping at 285, which is my base power level. So they even nerfed that. Essentially they only give you upgrades for your first character or one per account or so it seems, the rest get fucked, or else its bugged to shit.

I was home all day yesterday cause my kid was sick.

Which leads me to my second point. It seems like im done for the week until next reset. I dont raid and fuck the nightfall this week, that shit is cancer. That strike in 140 power is aids, let alone the nightfall. So it seems I cant even get upgrades anymore this week other than farming exotic engrams. Or farming regular 285 legendary items which I could give a fuck about since I already have a load out I love for PvP and PvE. this game is shallow as fuck this time around. Nothing to grind for. I think they fucked themselves.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Vorph

That only happens because you have 3 titans. From what I understand now the "bug" (there's a pretty good chance it was intended) happens to everyone, and people on reddit saying otherwise were wrong or trolling. That's why I deleted my second warlock and made one of each instead, and my luminous engrams are definitely the correct level on all three of them. I think it was a good thing anyway, after playing them all I think I like arc hunter better than any other subclass. Voidwalker is great for being practically immortal when there's lots of trash mobs around, but it's way too easy to miss your target with the super and waste it. Even when you do hit the target it does a tiny fraction of the damage that Arcstrider super can do over its full duration.

As for the progression, I'm not really in that much of a rush, I just want to be sure that I'm going to get a 305 MIDA Multi-tool on my third character so I can infuse it into my Nameless Midnight. I'd like a 305 Mini-tool as well, but I'm not sure how possible that is. Don't really care much about the hand cannons unless they give me a power level boost. And it sounds like the fusion rifle quest is still broken and half-finished. The reward was at best even-level pre-patch, and there's nobody saying otherwise after the patch. Which sucks because it would be nice to get that at 300 too and infuse it into Merciless.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats dumb if its intended. Why should I play classes I have no interest in playing. I did that in D1 and never played them other than grinding Iron Banner. titan is my bro.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That only happens because you have 3 titans. From what I understand now the "bug" (there's a pretty good chance it was intended) happens to everyone, and people on reddit saying otherwise were wrong or trolling. That's why I deleted my second warlock and made one of each instead, and my luminous engrams are definitely the correct level on all three of them. I think it was a good thing anyway, after playing them all I think I like arc hunter better than any other subclass. Voidwalker is great for being practically immortal when there's lots of trash mobs around, but it's way too easy to miss your target with the super and waste it. Even when you do hit the target it does a tiny fraction of the damage that Arcstrider super can do over its full duration.

I don't believe that people who said otherwise were trolling. I'm not sure it would have been possible for people to get as high light as they did in the first week without having double or triple dipped on the same class.

If it's not a bug, then fuck Bungie right in the ear. Not for implementing it, but having zero communication of it working that way.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont really remember that well, but I do not recall this being an issue the second week when I had 2 titans, I was still getting upgrades on both. This is the only reason I was able to get to 280 that quick.

Vorph

Maybe they got around it by deleting characters and remaking them or something. It just seems to me by reading reddit that it went from a few people saying it was a bug because it didn't happen to everyone to saying that it does happen to everyone who has 3 of the same class. Whether or not it's a bug is pure speculation, since Bungie's communication is still as non-existent as ever, but given how unintuitive the rest of system is it certainly would not surprise me.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Just do what I do...

Play something else and maybe come back to it in 5 months :p Mkopec we can Coop Divinity!

For Christ sake do not buy the PC version and double dip.

Vorph

The weird thing is that they shouldn't even care. People did it in Destiny to get full sets of raid armor on one character super fast. There's nowhere close to the same benefit this time around since you can hit 305 without raiding at all, and other than appearance, armor is armor. Even among the different base types I can barely even tell the difference between low stat and high stat in every area except the run speed increase from mobility. My hunter is way faster than my other two with 9 mobility.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So essentially I have about 3-4 hours of content weekly now, lol fuck you bungie.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, yup, confirmed. Just asked reddit...

There is a post from Cozmo on the help forums. The Devs confirmed it. Alts of the same class do not get the Powerful "buff" when picking up powerful engrams. Meaning they don't come scaled like on the main.

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I guess I have a new challenge, lol. Delete 2 titans and make 3 different classes, lol. Yay! I just added another 10 hours of gameplay! Thanks Bungie!

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
https://destinyscripts.000webhostapp.com/index.php

Little script to check base power and total power with mods and time played...

yECijWB.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
bungie just being a helpful bro, giving you extra DLC ("relevel your alts the right way!") content for free

but yeah if you have 3 seperate classes the power engrams work just fine, but you can only pick up clan engrams on a single character. My warlock is 299 (with +5s), my titan is 295, and my hunter isn't level 20 yet but should boost up to 299 fairly rapidly once I hit 20. The raid doesn't even seem worth doing anymore, why waste hours in there for gear that does absolutely nothing to help clear the raid over what I already have? 2-3 more weeks of solo play and power/clan engrams and all my characters will be 305. I couldn't give two fucks about the raid, not even gonna give a fart to the prestige raid which I'm sure will be insane difficulty wise.

MMOs always have that tight balancing problem of catering to the casuals ("i want free loot for logging in!") and the hardcore/streamers who want tightly tuned fights that only 0.0001% will clear, so I'm not mad at bungie, and it always happens the same way: they release fights really hard and nerf it over time to let more people see it. In a month or two people will be soloing the raid, I bet (I've done up to calus 20% and yeah I know its not soloable now but saying they will nerf the parts that aren't).