Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So best way to level an alt, at least for me. Run through all quests to get to titan. I always stop to do any PEs that are around when running around the beginning area EDZ before titan dont forget to pop a exp token. When you get to titan, do quest until PEs open up. Then do the 2 PEs over and over until 15. They are easy to get to, and usually hit every 5-6 min (about 1.5 to 2 hours to get to 15). Plenty of people there always doing the same thing. You will be fully kitted out in blues (I also got 2 exotic engrams to drop for me there) and about 150 power. Then continue on quest until end. You should hit Lv20 by the time quests are done and you defeat final mission. Or you could stay on titan and keep farming those PEs til 20 and then finish quest all fully kitted out. Also, dong forget to buy a sparrow on your main, a green one or whatever, and when you make your alt and he gets to EDZ, you can transfer it to him by bungie app.

Last night I did this (again) and I didnt even use up my 4 hr exp token, I had about 1 hr left and got to lv18 and im on the drill quest on IO now but it was late and I had to log. Probably fully doable in 5-6 hrs if you skip all the cutscenes.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I hope the Faction Rally is a fun event and not solely focused on Crucible.

Well if its anything like D1, you pick one at a time, and grind shit for rewards, lol. Its not exclusively crucible, but you could do crucible for faction grind too. Its probably going to be token thing like all the other NPCs are is my guess.

spronk

FPS noob
i hope they drop you into an instance where its just a cave and you shoot into it for faction

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Where do you get exp tokens from? Don't think i've gotten one as of yet. (Newb and only level 11 thus far).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Where do you get exp tokens from? Don't think i've gotten one as of yet. (Newb and only level 11 thus far).

Check the everse chick. She has them for sale and they are cheap. Bottom right hand corner. You pay for them with silver dust? Or some shit? I wont leave home without a token on anymore and they last 4 hours. You get so much more loot, chance at exotic engrams form loot crates, plus 25% exp boost, etc....

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know what the Factions are, I am just hoping the event to bring them back is fun and interesting.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The Crucible playlists needs to change names. Same gear on either. Just different playlists. Competitive makes it sound like that list is better competition, or better loot...its just different modes.

Im at 285 with a plus 5 mod in everything....and yet every engram I get is 275 max...wtf? Only character I have.

I agree with all of the criticism of this game. 2 weeks in, and once I finish raid I will have everything done. Not sure waht else to grind after that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So best way to level an alt, at least for me. Run through all quests to get to titan. I always stop to do any PEs that are around when running around the beginning area EDZ before titan dont forget to pop a exp token. When you get to titan, do quest until PEs open up. Then do the 2 PEs over and over until 15. They are easy to get to, and usually hit every 5-6 min (about 1.5 to 2 hours to get to 15). Plenty of people there always doing the same thing. You will be fully kitted out in blues (I also got 2 exotic engrams to drop for me there) and about 150 power. Then continue on quest until end. You should hit Lv20 by the time quests are done and you defeat final mission. Or you could stay on titan and keep farming those PEs til 20 and then finish quest all fully kitted out. Also, dong forget to buy a sparrow on your main, a green one or whatever, and when you make your alt and he gets to EDZ, you can transfer it to him by bungie app.

Last night I did this (again) and I didnt even use up my 4 hr exp token, I had about 1 hr left and got to lv18 and im on the drill quest on IO now but it was late and I had to log. Probably fully doable in 5-6 hrs if you skip all the cutscenes.
Sounds good for when I level my hunter, I've still got the tokens you get while going through the story. And what, you don't have like half a dozen sparrows from bright engrams yet? :D I'm extra salty about mine since I got the exotic jousting one early on then got a purple last night which is instacast and that trumps the slight speed difference by a mile.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sounds good for when I level my hunter, I've still got the tokens you get while going through the story. And what, you don't have like half a dozen sparrows from bright engrams yet? :D I'm extra salty about mine since I got the exotic jousting one early on then got a purple last night which is instacast and that trumps the slight speed difference by a mile.

Ive gotten 2 sparrows so far from brights. One blue and one purp. Rest is skins for weapons, and shaders, mods, ships, and shit like that. Unlucky on sparrow thing.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I was looking back at tsome emails with my friends from D1s first month.

Yeha, there was NO content. The Queens Wrath was a joke...But I have tons of emails of us talking about gear we NEEDED to get and how exciting it was to get.

I remember I got an Icebreaker in a Crucible match and nearly shit my pants with joy. My friends were SOOOOOOOO fucking jelly. I remember getting my first exotic - Suros Regime - and it literally being a game changer. I remember us gr dining the thorn strike which we just could not beat.

It took me about 4 hours of game play to get the Mida...And its not that great.

The commercial for this is Cayde yelling about "DO IT FOR LOOT"......and tghe loot is the worst part of the game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Although... I hit triangle on that and the list of items it can contain is extremely underwhelming, plus even when the engram showed power 275 the items were 265+5 just like Xur's stuff. I think I was a bit too optimistic in thinking it would be really good if I waited as long as possible. If there's zero chance for Lunafaction Boots and the armor power level isn't going to be higher than the shitty chest from Xur, there was no point.
Nobody addressed this, but, the items you see when previewing an engram is not the full range of possibilities. You can get things that aren't listed.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I was looking back at tsome emails with my friends from D1s first month.

Yeha, there was NO content. The Queens Wrath was a joke...But I have tons of emails of us talking about gear we NEEDED to get and how exciting it was to get.

I remember I got an Icebreaker in a Crucible match and nearly shit my pants with joy. My friends were SOOOOOOOO fucking jelly. I remember getting my first exotic - Suros Regime - and it literally being a game changer. I remember us gr dining the thorn strike which we just could not beat.

It took me about 4 hours of game play to get the Mida...And its not that great.

The commercial for this is Cayde yelling about "DO IT FOR LOOT"......and tghe loot is the worst part of the game.
Yep, with the gear we have in D2 there is nothing that will cause the excitement when you finally get a Gjallarhorn drop or Suros or Icebreaker (assuming you didn't get from Xur). I got a Wardcliff Coil last night from one of the raid exotic engrams I got and was like "that's cool I guess".

And then Bungie decided it needed a nerf in one of the raid encounters instead of fixing all of the bugs

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, they missed the ball on the entire gear thing here in D2. All armor is same except the look, all guns are the same, absolutely no variety. Exotics dont really feel exotic. I mean we all know what problems the icebreaker and gally did to cheapen the game, but who cares, its pve shit. In D1 every time you got a legendary engram you were hyped as all fuck, in this game you just know youre going to get something you already had or have and its getting sharded. If they want a system like this with no random perks on guns, they need to have 100x more guns in game to make up for that fact.

Lets just hope this is nothing but a shell for whats to come, but seeing what im seeing, this game has no replayability like D1 had.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Shit, I remember me and @Noble Savage just couldn't seem to get a gjallarhorn to drop for us but even so hunting for one and hoping one would finally drop was much more fun than not caring at all what drops.

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yep, with the gear we have in D2 there is nothing that will cause the excitement when you finally get a Gjallarhorn drop or Suros or Icebreaker (assuming you didn't get from Xur). I got a Wardcliff Coil last night from one of the raid exotic engrams I got and was like "that's cool I guess".

And then Bungie decided it needed a nerf in one of the raid encounters instead of fixing all of the bugs

I have a Wardcliff coil....havent used it once. No one says its that good. Should I be using?

I bought Merciless, I actually like it alot for melting bosses but dont use it much either. I have The Prospector, which is fun for PEs but once again, whats special? Its a bit faster than play of the game, but not much....OOOOOOO AUTO GRENADE LAUNCHER....lame. I have a Fighting Lions whatever, the dumn lion face grenade launcher that is too hard to use. I have the Tractor Cannon...Which seems a bit fun but unless I am wrong, has no place as being the exotic you use. I have my free Coldheart. I have Graviton Lance. I have Mida, I have Vigilance Wing

I have all of those Exotic weapons and the only ones I was exited for were Mida becauase it got my over 285 and Vigilance Wing because I do enjoy it in PVP. But even then, I have at times actually ran around with 3 Legendary because I prefer a Nameless Midnight, Midsa mIni, First in Last Out build for cranking out damage.

Think about that...I choose not to use an Exotic Weapon.

Armor is worse. Crest of Alpha lupi is the only Titan one I like so far.

So 90 percent of the time I have an exotic equipped it s Mida and Alpha Lupi....both Day 1 Destiny 1 exotics.

Fuck t his game.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember I was lucky to score the thorn bounty really early, probably one of the first wave of people to get one, and man what a game changer that was in PvP. Suros Regime in the early days always eluded me, but I knew how sweet that gun was in the beginning days of D1. Or that elusive god roll pulse from Omnigul, or all those elusive weapons in VoG, like the fatebrinnger that I never got.

I remember getting the red death in yr 2 right at the beginning and that thing owned crucible for months.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well tons of people are starting to complain about this on reddit, so maybe they will change shit up.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of you seem pretty salty, which I can understand, but then again I'm having a different experience with the game so far, a really fun experience.

Bungie decided to make the exotics less "must have", so I haven't been expecting anything like Icebreaker or Gjally, yet some of the exotics I've gotten are super good... far better than any legendary.

Merciless? Best single target dps, imo.
Wardcliff Coil? Amazing at clearing packs of mobs.
Hard Light? Decent AR, but with a nice upgrade from D1 in that you can change its Energy (Not as quickly as Borealis though).
Eye of Another World? Best Warlock exotic, imo, great buff to your regens.
Orpheus Rig? Now that I know more about them, they are by FAR the best exotic for group play.
Sunfire Chest? Limited to being useful only for Sunbro's... but gives Simmering Flames, yes please.

Those are all really good exotics, are they really unique? Not really, but each is worth using over any legendary. Biggest issue I have with the game is what most everyone else has, the rather boring nature of Legendary loot and the limited nature of Mods for weapons.