Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nobody addressed this, but, the items you see when previewing an engram is not the full range of possibilities. You can get things that aren't listed.
I know that's the case for the legendary engrams you get from tokens--there's the exclusive pools of weapons and armor plus a third line that can't possibly fit all the can-get-anywhere items. This exotic engram only has like 9 or 10 things though and a ton of free space, so I assumed it was limited it what it could give you. I did find out that it is like luminous though, that guide said he got his item at like 283 or something like that.

Zindan Zindan No mention of Lunafaction Boots? With everyone having Merciless now I'd say that's got to be the most broken thing in the game now.

I have a Fighting Lions whatever, the dumn lion face grenade launcher that is too hard to use.
That was the first exotic weapon I got from an engram. If it's not the worst weapon in the game I really hope I never see one that beats it.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Those are all really good exotics, are they really unique? Not really, but each is worth using over any legendary. Biggest issue I have with the game is what most everyone else has, the rather boring nature of Legendary loot and the limited nature of Mods for weapons.

Thsi right here. I could care less about exotics, its the legendary game that destiny was always about. And in D2, once you get one, you are all set, might as well shard the rest.

Vorph

How big is this patch? I tried to load up the game on my Vita to check something in the tower and it's taking forever. I got the 'big' version of the 1.03 patch and that only took a few minutes, so either this one is massive or PSN is sucking ass today.

Vorph

The dumbest part was when I put the blu-ray in, it gets the 4.6GB or whatever 1.03 patch before launching, then the game loads and proceeds to downloaded like 34GB. I'm still wondering if there's any actual data on the blu-ray at all.

And apparently today's patch is only like 52MB. I don't know what it was doing for like 20 minutes when it said "preparing" to patch. I had to rebuild my PS4's database last night too, game crashed on exit and when I loaded it up again everything was stuttering and hitching like crazy. Never seen anything like that happen before on PS3/PS4 with any other game.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
the patch is tiny like 100mb but the PSN downloader reverifies huge chunks of previous patches, so it "looks" like its downloading 10GB or whatever but what its really doing is just verifying the files are unchanged by checksum, ie scanning the local files to make sure they match. Takes forever but its not actually downloading a whole lot, and then suddenly at the end it downloads 20-100mb and you are done.

Did a 5 hour destinyLFG raid pug today, we blew through the bosses at a pretty rapid pace for not having done any of them, and got Calus down to 20% a few times but a few people had to go. Its really not that bad once everyone is 285+, if people are geared up enough next weekend we could try a clan raid run again, I'll help out now that I know all the strats for the bosses. But yeah, even the drops I got aren't that interesting and ammo is such a bitch on the Calus fight. Its definitely probably one of the easier final raid bosses for Destiny I'd say, everyone has assigned roles and its just a matter of not dying while killing stuff. I still think the raid is super boring though, especially all the sewers and chest shit is ultra time waster compared to rise of iron's chests, which were natural in the flow of the raid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
1.04 was about 47MB if I remember correctly. Tiny patch.

I'm stuck trying to find people to do the Nightfall and raid.. Sitting at 265-270 depending upon weapons..

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since the reset I've seen heroic PE's spawn a new yellow bar mob at the end of the event; a giant shank for the double fallen walkers, and giant knight for the heroic hive on Titan.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
the raid also rotated the encounters - this week its dogs, sonic, then baths (last week was baths, dogs, sonic)

the nightfall is also supposed to be just awful, not difficulty wise but teeth pulling slow and unfun

i am seriously rethinking about double dipping on PC, I don't really feel like playing destiny 2 much anymore and can't imagine in a month i will want to do all this again

also nice little trick for those who are having trouble managing mods - move all your blue mods to your vault, then leave only purple ones in your inv. Now as you buy new blue mods, move them into the vault and when you see 3x of any move them back and convert to purple.

Last edited:

Vorph

Anytime I do inventory management I load the game up on my PC in Remote Play and move shit around using DIM. Can also do it with a tablet at the TV, but I find it far easier and faster to do it at my desk.

-----------------------
Got to 274 on both titan and warlock without touching any of the weapon quests or decrypting the exotic engram from Zavala (which for some reason is still gaining power even in my inventory) yet, so now I'm trying to decide how best to proceed. I think I will get the hunter to 270+ as well and then start the process. I can't decide whether to do weekly shit before or after the quests though. If I do them before then [maybe] the weapons will turn out higher power, but if I do them after then maybe I get better armor to use/infuse.

Warlock got 279 Lunafaction Boots off the first luminous engram I decrypted last night, so that was a nice bonus too. The amount of damage you can do with Merciless while strafing in and out of an empowered rift is absurd.

spronk

FPS noob
this weeks nightfall is gay as fuck, everything snipes you from a million miles away and you have to treasure hunt for stupid ass oracles to add 30 seconds at a time. and the boss is the absolute worst, just dps for 10 seconds then clear adds for 2 mins rinse and repeat. failed once with time running over, i'm sure people will come up with hax to add infinite time or something but i'm really getting tired of all the bullshit D2 is putting players through, the game scales from ezmode to straight up nightmare with nothing in between.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
this weeks nightfall is gay as fuck, everything snipes you from a million miles away and you have to treasure hunt for stupid ass oracles to add 30 seconds at a time. and the boss is the absolute worst, just dps for 10 seconds then clear adds for 2 mins rinse and repeat. failed once with time running over, i'm sure people will come up with hax to add infinite time or something but i'm really getting tired of all the bullshit D2 is putting players through, the game scales from ezmode to straight up nightmare with nothing in between.
Yeah that boss is gay as fuck even in regular mode. Takes forever. I guess they went back to bullet sponge bosses in D2. They sort of went away from that in yr3 D1.

Imo the regular strikes are even worse than heroics in D1. Trash up the ass, tons of snipers, shit everywhere and then bullet sponges at the end.

Oh also finished up my 3rd titan last night. Equipped all the shit from main and also gave him the mini tool an lo and behold, didn't have to do the mida world quest crap. The gunsmith gave me the quest for it. Finished it up and got a 300 mida. Didn't work with the sturm or whatever though.

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I guess you can cheese the NF by shooting the cloaked Boss when he hides on walls, he will fall to death. Its on Reddit.

Im excited to see changes to PEs but I havent seen that noted anywhere else.

Edit, no changes tyo nightfall. Added Mobs mentioned earlier are part of Flashpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There have been a couple new Hive high-value targets spawning on Titan as well, at least new to me. Bungie sure is hyping up Savathun and that Worm in the ocean.

Edit: Anyone else get a Guide Games ticket today? I got one for both PS4 and XB1.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Got a 10.0 efficiency in supremecy tonight using the AR Prospector, might have been my best game in any PvP ever.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Should i be waiting to do the main story missions? Got to lvl 8 by just doing public events and killing random stuff in EDZ

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should i be waiting to do the main story missions? Got to lvl 8 by just doing public events and killing random stuff in EDZ
No, do the missions so you gain access to the other planets, a lot of stuff opens up for you after finishing the Story.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Questioning the PC purchase myself. Only reason I might go through with it is I'd buy it with bnet cash I can't use anywhere else anyhow.

Game is pretty stale already. Nothing to farm really, not interested in the boring pvp.