Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah it was more of a lobby type game. They had planets you could go to and complete like mini missions and where the story arc missions were but they were only like 6 players because of the xbox360 and ps3 limitations. Im hoping this time they have more open world and more players allowed which I assume they will since old consoles are no longer supported.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Patrols zones are relatively small, linearish and stupid as fuck. Social zones are lile the size of a postage stamp. Ball in tower is okay I guess

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
They need to address all of the complaints about D1 and how they won't be an issue in D2 before I even consider it.

Here's a start - "Destiny 2 will feature in-game matchmaking!!!!111!11111"

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Yeah it was more of a lobby type game. They had planets you could go to and complete like mini missions and where the story arc missions were but they were only like 6 players because of the xbox360 and ps3 limitations. Im hoping this time they have more open world and more players allowed which I assume they will since old consoles are no longer supported.

Thanks, I guess I'll keep playing my Planetside2

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They need to address all of the complaints about D1 and how they won't be an issue in D2 before I even consider it.

Here's a start - "Destiny 2 will feature in-game matchmaking!!!!111!11111"

Yeah that was my number one beef with D1. You had to go to the phone app or inrawebs to get a group going? Fucking moronic. That shit should of been in game from day one. Im inclined to really just do all matchmaking in game like they do for everything else. With a vote kick option of course for the plebs that cant follow direction.

I never really understood the difference of getting a VoG group on a app vs just matchmaking one in game. Sure youre gonna get some fucking potatoes, but you got those as well using the app too.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thanks, I guess I'll keep playing my Planetside2

Lol I played that for years. Best mass shooter ouut there, a bit clunky though because Soe, lol. But good game I still have memories of some of the best 100 vs 100 fights, especially at launch, the bridge fights were the best.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Patrols zones are relatively small, linearish and stupid as fuck. Social zones are lile the size of a postage stamp. Ball in tower is okay I guess

And they wasted a lot of area on those zones by leaving them wide open with no spawns or anything, They could have done much more.

I'm really hoping for open world as well.

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol I played that for years. Best mass shooter ouut there, a bit clunky though because Soe, lol. But good game I still have memories of some of the best 100 vs 100 fights, especially at launch, the bridge fights were the best.

SOE reminds me a lot of Funcom. Excellent ideas but can't execute worth a fuck.

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think a lot of D1 problems were due to having to support older generations of hardware. I fully expect maps to be much larger, world to be more open, matchmaking to be present, raids being more complex, hubs with more than 10 people in them, etc.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

bralkan

The old ways are still best
Doing Vault of Glass early on, even Crota's end before the cheese happened, was some of the best times I've had since EQ.

Long nights figuring those things out. Was awesome. All the annoying shit aside with D1, if D2 is even close it will be worth picking up.

PVP was a blast, too.

• 1Solidarity

Janx

<Silver Donator>
ETA until they announce pc version will be locked at console FoV and 30FPS?

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Haha yep. /\. If anyone thinks it will be anything more than a straight up port, they are nuts. However, it's good if you do not own a console or have family members using your console all the time and have something to play on.

Cross platform should be a given but that won't happen.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Preordered the collectors edition after work today. I may not ever get a snuggie but by fucking god i will have a Solar blanket.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
We had a ton of fun during the original game before the first xpac with the full rerolled crew. It was worth 60 bucks and 60 hours and I will be pre ordering to save 12 bucks to play on day 1.

Knowing that all of the old bugs will be on and in day 1, I can't wait to abuse all of them with my daily buddies.

Lexicon929 - psn

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Haha yep. /\. If anyone thinks it will be anything more than a straight up port, they are nuts. However, it's good if you do not own a console or have family members using your console all the time and have something to play on.

Cross platform should be a given but that won't happen.
Cross platform for Xbox PS4 should happen, but fuck including PC in that

I preordered so I can check out the beta, we'll see if they upgrade enough to be worthwhile

spronk

FPS noob
How much of an MMO is this? I always thought Destiny is more like an online FPS and that is it.

ex: How much persistent open world does it?

i mean there isn't really a persistent world in most MMOs nowadays. its an MMO in the RPG sense, you roll a character and slowly upgrade it over time with AAs and gear and there are a million things to collect and do. There is open world co-op PVE stuff to do similar to outdoor world bosses and quests, there is instanced PVE stuff to do in solo, 3 man, and six man configs and there is instanced PVP to do similar to arenas and battlegrounds. The gunplay and mechanics of D1 were absolutely fantastic, flawed by constant tweaks to the meta meaning if you left the game for 3 months what was best in class was probably completely different when you came back.

What D1 did extremely well was the loot grind game, better than The Division, better than WoW imo, maybe not as good as Diablo 3 but really close. They have gone through a ton of iterations, from rerolling stats on gear to upgrading gear via different ways to depending on RNJesus and everything in between. Who knows what D2 will start with and where it will go.

The sci fi parts of the game are fun too, like landing on the moon in patrol for the first time and staring out at Earth is awesome, as is landing on the Dreadnaught carrier for Oryx, Hive God and the ship is like 400 km long and its parked in orbit around Saturn and has deformed the rings and you can just sit there and stare into space while a fucking alien civilization slowly sneaks up behind you trying to murder you. The storytelling itself is terrible, but the setting is really fun and cool for anyone who dreamed of that kind of shit as a kid.

Its the equivalent of Wow in this era for me, I login and can play for 10 hours doing all kinds of shit and its extremely addicting, the difference is I can go away for 6 months and come back and I didn't pay anything and I don't have to find some hardcore guild leaders dick to suck to raid again, I can jump back into the top levels of the game pretty quickly. I've already pre ordered the CE just to have (I have the Destiny 1 CE too) and will probably also buy digitally.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hm, do I get it for Xbone and never have to worry about cheaters or get it for PC and increase the amount of people I can play with but watch CHINAQQ318484617 wallhack me every 3rd crucible match? Questions, questions.