Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Why can't I play Destiny on my PC?

I have no interest in buying a console ever again. FPS games are complete dogshit with a controller and I'm not going to drop $$$ for a Xim to hack a shitty version of k/m controls.
Because Sony console funding moneys.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

I have no interest in buying a console ever again. FPS games are complete dogshit with a controller and I'm not going to drop $$$ for a Xim to hack a shitty version of k/m controls.
Just L2P

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Truth. You think controller is for plebs because you're used to the mouse, but when everyone is on an even playing field and you're in the back of the bus, out comes the PC master race excuse. You think you're "better" when in reality you need to buy extra hardware to even compete.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Truth. You think controller is for plebs because you're used to the mouse, but when everyone is on an even playing field and you're in the back of the bus, out comes the PC master race excuse. You think you're "better" when in reality you need to buy extra hardware to even compete.

This. Man up and learn you fucking puss.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
God damn, you guys broke out the "Welcome to FoH" bat on SorrowsEnd.

My initial comment was pretty simple. I want to play this on PC, not console.

When my friends were big into Destiny I looked into what investment would need to be made. $450ish for the console, $150 for the xim etc. Basically $700 to play a single game with friends. No thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
I refused to play FPS on a console for a long time because I didn't like being bad. Friends + Destiny finally convinced me to learn to play with a controller, it didn't take long to get decent once I sat down and focused on it. I still prefer PC, obviously, but it's nice to have the option if it's a console only game.

If you want an easy way to practice buy one of the CoD games on sale and spam bot matches, if you're as useless with a controller as I was they're actually a challenge at first.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Its not really shitty. XIM is pretty good and feels just like PC M+KB. I was really amazed but the shit does work great. No mouse lag, no input lag, at least none that I can feel. Its a one time $125 purchase and you can play any shooter with it. They have files you download for every game, But if you are so inclined, you can design your own. I played over 800+ hrs of destiny and have about 400+ hours spread throughout the BF games too. Shit feels good. you can save game configs and change them with one click of keyboard.

Trust me, even if they release on PC the extra sony exclusives are worth it. You are playing a gimped game without them. Extra PvP maps, extra dungeons,extra really good weapons, etc. And its not like a 1 month exclusive, they last an entire fucking year. The only thing that sucks is the console aim assist you have to battle against. Its pretty OP in this game. But M+KB is still better IMO.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
My initial comment was pretty simple. I want to play this on PC, not console.

When my friends were big into Destiny I looked into what investment would need to be made. $450ish for the console, $150 for the xim etc. Basically $700 to play a single game with friends. No thanks!
Well what we are saying is don't waste money on a xim. You are on the same playing field with everyone else with a controller once you get used to it. It really isn't that difficult, and you will eventually end up in about the same relative position as you would have with KBM

So now it's ~240 for console, ~50 for destiny 2, ~50 for a year of ps+ or Xbox live. If destiny is the only game you will play then yeah that is still a large investment for one game.

spronk

FPS noob
destiny 2 is coming out on PC in sept, not sure why you are asking about Destiny 1 it would be kinda stupid to try and port over a nearly 3 year old game now to PC in the middle of crunch time for Destiny 2

pretty sure unfortunately there will be no x-play or even x-saves for Destiny 2, in Destiny 1 if you have both the PS4 and Xbone versions they are completely seperate servers and there is no connection between them, streamers who play both have to level two sets of characters, grind out two sets of gear, etc.

to me the interesting thing is gonna be Destiny 2 on PS4 Pro or Destiny 2 on Scorpio, if the xbox version is gonna be cross buy (so you get PC for free), whether there are gonna be any shenanigans with Destiny 2 on PC ala "Windows 10 store only", etc. Also hope their client is good and server checking is done, remember bungie hasn't really done a multiplayer PC game in a long time. Halo 2? Not even sure what their last one was.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If they just make it where I can carry my character over from PC/PS4/XB1 I'll end up buying a copy for every console due to different friend groups.

I'd also expect cross play from PS4/XB1 after some post they made about reaching out to Sony for that last summer. It would be stupid on both companies if they didn't do that.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Been playing this for the first time, currently a level 38 Hunter. This game kicks major ass and I am really sad I missed out on the beginning (or whenever it was good).

PSN is stankwoo if anyone wants to jam.

Fadaar

That guy
Its not really shitty. XIM is pretty good and feels just like PC M+KB. I was really amazed but the shit does work great. No mouse lag, no input lag, at least none that I can feel. Its a one time $125 purchase and you can play any shooter with it. They have files you download for every game, But if you are so inclined, you can design your own. I played over 800+ hrs of destiny and have about 400+ hours spread throughout the BF games too. Shit feels good. you can save game configs and change them with one click of keyboard.

Trust me, even if they release on PC the extra sony exclusives are worth it. You are playing a gimped game without them. Extra PvP maps, extra dungeons,extra really good weapons, etc. And its not like a 1 month exclusive, they last an entire fucking year. The only thing that sucks is the console aim assist you have to battle against. Its pretty OP in this game. But M+KB is still better IMO.

Yeah not being able to turn off auto-assist cost me so many fucking kills in PvP using my Xim. Lining up headshots was such a bitch sometimes because it would automatically gravitate toward center of mass.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It turns off auto assit automatically, I thought thats what the whole point of the xim was, bypassing all that bullshit. I never ran into that just using the destiny download they had.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Controllers hurt my hand if I play for more than like 20 minutes which is mostly the reason I would never play any type of MMO with a controller

also it's fucking aids for fps, it's not that I can't play or get better with a controller it's just that it feels like shit in FPS games but that's just me

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users