Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Still trying to finalize what they can get away with ripping out to sell as DLC is my guess

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
6 days and i am gonna rapeeeeeee

utzjE9q.png

i can install the beta in battle.net, 16 gig download

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Any word on the size of story content compared to Destiny at release?

I really liked the story shit for what it was, but I was shocked how short it was.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

I really liked the story shit for what it was, but I was shocked how short it was.
Seriously? The story was a mess. Unless you count shit that you had to leave the game to actually see.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Seriously? The story was a mess. Unless you count shit that you had to leave the game to actually see.

I mean, it wasn't the best, but I enjoyed the levels and the way it unfolded. Just kind of stopped randomly after you kill the one robot dude.

Malkav

French Madman
So did any of the feedback from the beta make it into a patch?

Already confirmed that some shit was changed for the pc beta, like shorter CD on super and more power weapons ammo.

Original Destiny was less than 30 missions, Destiny confirmed to have 80+ at release.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Original Destiny was less than 30 missions, Destiny confirmed to have 80+ at release.

Hopefully they are actual missions too, not just
- Complete mission featuring the normal voice acting leading to story progression
- Follow up that mission with 3-4 more "missions" getting one more piece of the puzzle! featuring a minimal story progression of "we are going back, hopefully we find item X", making it little different than just running the same mission multiple times.

I remember that was one of my biggest disappointments from the patrol missions in Destiny. IE: Exploring the moon the first time and finding the way down. It felt huge and it kept going down. I was like "ohhh, I wonder if I find a boss or something." Found the two level 10 yellow mobs that I spent nearly an hour killing, to find... nothing. Locked door. Go further down. Locked doors. I remember it being so strange that nothing seemed to be there. Even went back later because I thought it was just me missing things or that maybe someone had cleared things ahead of me. I was naive and just thought... it is so big. Something must be there! Rare spawn or ... something.
Wasn't until later I learned how pointless it was to explore. Basically no point in going anywhere that didn't have a mission to tell you to go there. Closest being driving around the map hoping for one of the "events" to spawn.

I enjoyed the rest of the game. Played all story content with a friend and it was fun, but never played more than it. Didn't grind or do much of pvp.

My biggest hope for Destiny 2 is that they add more to the game than just do 30 (now 80) missions of "go there do exactly that in the fastest manner possible". Which I think they have as I saw that one video where they talked about things like caves now having the chance to lead to separate dungeon instances with things like mini bosses, jumping puzzles and the likes. So hopefully a bit more incentive to explore and find things not tied to your active mission.

Malkav

French Madman
Now you have Lost Sectors that should encourage exploration.

As you said, hidden caves with mini bosses and so on.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can see people reacting to the Destiny 2 missions like the MSM reacted to Trumps Charlottesville statement(s).

I think those "80+" missions mentioned will include all the Adventures that will appear in the Patrol zones. If you watch any of the EDZ gameplay vids, you'll see those.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I mean, it wasn't the best, but I enjoyed the levels and the way it unfolded. Just kind of stopped randomly after you kill the one robot dude.
I like the setting and backstory of the game, but what gets presented in the game for the current story is hamfisted and mostly bad. The bones are there for a good story, one just never happened.

"I don't have the time to explain why I don't have time to explain"

Though I'm more optimistic for D2. I'm pretty certain D1 had a massive rewrite towards the end of development that led to the disjointed story.

Last edited: