Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
the gunsmith telemetry ghost is junk, it will rarely (and I mean SUPER rare - like maybe one in 4 hours) drops a telemetry package that just gives you a tiny bit of gunsmith rep when you turn it in. Since there are currently no visible levels on factions, its just a bar you fill and then it empties up and you fill the same bar again, its probably not likely there are exotic questlines tied to faction rep. At the end of the month they are bringing in the factions from D1 - Future War Cult, New Monarchy, Dead Orbit - and that will bring in new stuff too.

The best ghost to equip is the one that shows you chests around you on the planet you are currently on (if you don't use a scout map), or the PVP one obviously in PVP.

That's good to know, thought it was for a gun again.

Fuck yea! Dead Orbit motherfuckers!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yesterday was pretty slow it felt like. Started at 209 and ended at like 223? Somewhere around there. Wasn't getting hardly anything from the PEs or Lost areas. Did get one Legendary and one Exotic, so that was good. Also a few Bright with new shells, a new ship, and transport effects.

So if I have a pair of Exotic arms that are like 160 power, but I like them and want to keep them, is the idea to fuse them with a 2XX+ drop to raise their level and make them useable? Keep thinking I'm missing something about bumping up item levels, but because I've really only seen like 2 legendary and 2 exotic pieces there hasn't really been an opportunity to explore it and play around / learn. Just got my first 3 legendary shards.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yesterday was pretty slow it felt like. Started at 209 and ended at like 223? Somewhere around there. Wasn't getting hardly anything from the PEs or Lost areas. Did get one Legendary and one Exotic, so that was good. Also a few Bright with new shells, a new ship, and transport effects.

So if I have a pair of Exotic arms that are like 160 power, but I like them and want to keep them, is the idea to fuse them with a 2XX+ drop to raise their level and make them useable? Keep thinking I'm missing something about bumping up item levels, but because I've really only seen like 2 legendary and 2 exotic pieces there hasn't really been an opportunity to explore it and play around / learn. Just got my first 3 legendary shards.

Yep. What you do is you need to have an item of the same type of higher level, infuse that with the exotic, and it raises the level of your exotic to what the other item was pretty much. I have done this a few times now. You need to dismantle some legendaries in the process obviously for the materials.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah just infuse the ones you like. Also, later it will be raining legendary, right now I sit on 50 something shards, thats how many legendary I dismantled. In year3 destiny 1 I used to keep some of them and throw them in the vault, I never ended up using any of then except a few of the good ones, so toward the end of yr 3 I had a full vault and I took like a hour to clear it all out by dismantling most of them, it was a pain in the ass.

In D2, all of the legendary that drop are exactly the same, meaning they have a standard roll to them, then you further modify them with the perks from gunsmith, etc. So its useless to keep doubles like in D1.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Correct I got mine at 205 they are now 280ish after infusing them with blues, I need a 280+ helm so I can wear my exotic arms to complete my Arc subclass. Mask is for void.
upload_2017-9-13_9-36-19.png

Going from 275 onwards has been much easier now that I have more milestones to do. Anyone want to do the NF tonight? I tried inviting guild members last not using the roster and zero responses.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Correct I got mine at 205 they are now 280ish after infusing them with blues, I need a 280+ helm so I can wear my exotic arms to complete my Arc subclass. Mask is for void.
View attachment 153414

Going from 275 onwards has been much easier now that I have more milestones to do. Anyone want to do the NF tonight? I tried inviting guild members last not using the roster and zero responses.

I'm down to try tonight, be advised I'm like 232.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
When I get more time to play should I just chain PE events? I am like 210ish.

spronk

FPS noob
yes just go to titan and use your sparrow to travel between the two zones (don't fast travel) chaining public events and killing elite (yellow bar) mobs and looting chests in the 2-3 mins downtime between each PE, and try to enable heroic mode for each PE so you get higher shots at exotic engrams. Its much faster grinding on titan than earth since there are only 3 public event spawn spots and you can travel (even just walk) between the two zones quickly. I went from 259 to 271 on my titan last night in a little over 90 mins. again, don't fast travel though just walk/sparrow and use a titan chest ghost or the chest consumable so you pick up extra tokens, once you hit somewhere around 275 you can turn in the 200+ faction tokens for another 30-40 purple engrams.
'Destiny 2' Tips and Tricks: How to Activate Heroic Public Events

For the people talking about the nightfall above, you really wanna be 260 to do the nightfall. Its doable at 240 but with a timer counting down (and kicking you out at zero) you will get frustrated probably. At 260+ you won't get 1 shot by mobs and can kill stuff a lot faster. Nightfall rewards aren't anything amazing, its just a regular engram but doing it gives you one power engram a week from zavala.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm probably going to finish up the milestones on my 275 warlock since I haven't done any yet this week and finish leveling up my second warlock and complete the story/milestones on him before really working on the raid. Might as well be as high level as I can be going into it.

Same with people in the low 200's thinking about nightfall. Might as well wait until later in the week until you are higher power, will make it much easier.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah you aren't getting it done at anything below 260, even rough at 270ish.

Raid unlocks today, I will likely do that instead.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 153414

Think I was afk when you invited me, but I'll probably be on tonight if you wanna run it

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anybody need me in usually on 9pm eat nightly, play till about 2am. Evaneezer110.

I'm about 270 now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Up to like 272-273ish. So close to 275 but ffs its hard getting the items.DTF, or raid/nightfall whenever I'm on (Brewchop on clan list).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
We ran it with two 250s and a 260 and finished it pretty quickly. Prism makes it easier.
Yeah honestly 250s is probably enough if you know what you are doing with the strike and modifiers.

First time I tried it with Sarthis i was in 250s, but I had never done the strike and wasn't really prepared to make use of Prism. I died a lot and dragged them down. Did it a few days ago with Nate and a random, and even though I was higher level the main difference was knowing what was going on. We failed once because we dicked around too much in the tank room, but we won with a minute or two left not really even doing anything special like concentrating all of our supers on a burn to melt the boss.

Overall I still don't really like the nightfall scheme of having a time limit, and preferred the old death penalty instead

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why the hell does it unlock at 230 then?

Exactly, lol.

Also I always hated the timed shit in this game even D1, stuff like that on exotic quest for the sniper. Its a shit way to make things harder. Especially for old methodical players like me, lol.

BTW some of the strike bosses are fucking nuts. Like the vex one with that big boss at the end, its manageable until the last phase, where his head explodes off, and then he proceeds to fucking snipe rape you to death no matter how you are moving. Never missing either.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user