Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Been playing on the Destiny 2 white PS4 Pro since launch on a 1080p monitor with a xim4 with no problems. I used to get disconnected a lot in Destiny 1 until I plugged an Ethernet cable into my PS4.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Did some research and folks are having issues with the PS4 Pro in general with wifi connectivity so I ended up running a network cable to the PS4 pro and haven't had a single drop since. So looks like problem resolved. BTW Destiny in 4k on a brand new LG E7 4k OLED 65 inch is fucking glorious!

I want one. Except then I started hearing about all the screen burn issues. Lots of them now.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really dislike nightfalls now. Why didn't they keep the nightfall the same as D1 and make all this additional ballshit for prestige mode?

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I want one. Except then I started hearing about all the screen burn issues. Lots of them now.

God damn it, are you serious? I've been looking at getting one as well to replace my plasma and really don't want to have to continue worrying about burn in with HUDs, tickers etc.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it really sucks as I was about to pull the trigger on one. VERY happy I didn't because it seems a lot are getting effected by it now that it's been a while. Best Buy has a warranty package that covers this, but it's 700 bucks in addition to the display, and I am sure they would find some idiotic way around it so they do not have to keep covering it if it keeps happening.

I would be more open to purchasing one, but LG themselves is being absolutely horrendous in the customer support side of the issue saying "Tough shit" to basically everyone, and now a lot of people that own them are doing everything they can to let others know of their poor experience with LG customer support.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Call me crazy, but poop socking three of the same class is some high level faggotry. Do the same content three times isboring, doing it to get the same gear in hopes of pushing level faster is gay as shit. Try the other characters. You are like the EQ faggot Monks that had nothing but other alt monks. GAY.

• 3Picard
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Call me crazy, but poop socking three of the same class is some high level faggotry. Do the same content three times isboring, doing it to get the same gear in hopes of pushing level faster is gay as shit. Try the other characters. You are like the EQ faggot Monks that had nothing but other alt monks. GAY.
SAD!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

I did play all 3 in Destiny 1, and the other two sucked. not my style. And the worst part about it is you have the muscle memory for your favorite, you jump on the other and youre fucking lost for a while.You do three of your favorite class so you can do the weekly shit 3X on the character you like.

Deleted one of my titans last night, made a warlock, and just as I suspected, 6 hours later she was 20 and 270ish power, lol. Really harder there to level another class there bros, equipped all my weapons from titan, then spent the 100 or so tokens I had from leveling in PEs and she was 271 at end of night, probably going to be close to 295 when I get done with weekly shit, pick up clan stuff at tower. Wow, they sure made it harder by not allowing me my damn 3 titans.

eQYyEgA.jpg

Would of probably been quicker but I was doing other shit around the house, too.

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
To be honest, I've had my OLED for a few months now and have had zero lingering burn in issues, and it was a 2016 B6 as well. YMMV, but it's basically a non issue for me and LG's burn in protector kicks in after a few minutes idle anyways. And yes, this has been great on the 4k, shame I'm just about done with the game itself. Was worth the price of admission, but there is no real interesting reason to log in anymore for me. The raid was terrible as well (at least for me). I'll probably jump on tomorrow and buy some exotics every Friday until the dlc drops in December.

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I did play all 3 in Destiny 1, and the other two sucked. not my style. And the worst part about it is you have the muscle memory for your favorite, you jump on the other and youre fucking lost for a while.You do three of your favorite class so you can do the weekly shit 3X on the character you like.

Deleted one of my titans last night, made a warlock, and just as I suspected, 6 hours later she was 20 and 270ish power, lol. Really harder there to level another class there bros, equipped all my weapons from titan, then spent the 100 or so tokens I had from leveling in PEs and she was 271 at end of night, probably going to be close to 295 when I get done with weekly shit, pick up clan stuff at tower. Wow, they sure made it harder by not allowing me my damn 3 titans.

eQYyEgA.jpg

Would of probably been quicker but I was doing other shit around the house, too.

Muscle Memory

my god.

spronk

FPS noob
to be fair there really isn't that much difference between the classes, i'd say its even worse in D2 than in D1. At least in D1 you could make some weird off the path spec choices and it felt very different. I honestly can't tell sometimes which class I am playing until I either have to jump (FUCKING WARLOCKS) or i activate a super and i'm in the wrong class/spec.

Hunters seem kinda fucked though, the special move (hold O) for titans is the cool shield wall, for warlocks the rifts are awesome team helpers, and for hunters you... roll like an asshole.

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
to be fair there really isn't that much difference between the classes, i'd say its even worse in D2 than in D1. At least in D1 you could make some weird off the path spec choices and it felt very different. I honestly can't tell sometimes which class I am playing until I either have to jump (FUCKING WARLOCKS) or i activate a super and i'm in the wrong class/spec.

Hunters seem kinda fucked though, the special move (hold O) for titans is the cool shield wall, for warlocks the rifts are awesome team helpers, and for hunters you... roll like an asshole.

giphy.gif
Lol.

But seriously, warlock jump is fucking awful.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
pirouette like an asshole.
FTFY.

And it'd be fine if the ability had actual i-frames. As it is I just burn it every time it's up and I need to reload, unless I know I'm going to need to use my Merciless soon (since instant reloads don't reset the charge speed increase). It's pretty handy while using the Arcstrider super too since there's no cooldown during it and it's a bit better gap closer than just running.

-----------------------------
Being stuck at 279.5 is sad times. I can taste the purple mods. On the bright side, I should be able to get my first MIDA Multi-tool at 293, maybe a little higher if I bother doing the nightfall.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, muscle memory. Playing something for so long it becomes instinct or second nature. All three classes have their own set of movement, jumps and ability skills. And while plebs will say, hurr, they all the same, bro, they are not and it takes many hours to master their full movement and skill potential. Kind of like Blizzards mantra, easy to learn, but hard to master.

giphy.gif

In PVE its useless, sure, but in PvP you can pwn some faces with it. It disorients people while you know exactly where they are at.

Here is the video that mad me change from warlock to titan in D1. This dude has some skills, lol. They kind of nerfed titan skating in D2, but you can still use shoulder charge for directional change and now you can put up a shield too.

And here is D2 Titan at work, this is why they are master race. FF to 1 min for action.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Warlock jump is aids I agree.

Hunter roll in PVP owns tho.

Only warlock jump worth a damn in PvP is blink jump. They nerfed the void walker super though, its slow as balls to land now. Still, void is the best to play in PvP for warlock IMO because of the jump.