Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I fired up the trial last night. I haven't played a shooter since MW. Seems like a fuckin blast.....but then I read some of this thread.

So is it worth the investment as it stands? or should I wait for some DLC and patches?

You can still get it and play it. You will get more than 60 hours of content, even more if you level several characters. The problem shows up about 3-5 weeks in depending on playtime. There just isnt anything to do anymore, or better yet no reason to do anything anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I just started playing it due to a free copy with my laptop purchase. So far it seems pretty fun, but I'm maybe playing it a few hours here and there. Watched that long video someone posted regarding all of the lore from the first game, and I can't help but wish I could play through all that content on PC.

The engram shit and progression is just odd, though. Are there any rewards that I need to hold until later, or just open everything that comes my way?

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Meh, quit excusing this shell of a game and its dumb decisions.

I'm not. Just stating that this is what Destiny is. Always has been. It's a mess with amazing gunplay. I don't know why people were expecting much different.

Especially as far as random rolls and TTK goes as they stated a bunch of times prior to release they didn't want D2 to "feel like a job" and they "made TTK much too short in D1".

D2 frustrates me too but as a 3 year D1 player I'm just used to it.

This is what Destiny always has been.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I'm not. Just stating that this is what Destiny is. Always has been. It's a mess with amazing gunplay. I don't know why people were expecting much different.

Especially as far as random rolls and TTK goes as they stated a bunch of times prior to release they didn't want D2 to "feel like a job" and they "made TTK much too short in D1".

D2 frustrates me too but as a 3 year D1 player I'm just used to it.

This is what Destiny always has been.

God dammit... you mother fuckers have me agreeing with Gaige.... I feel so ashamed.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ryan

Trakanon Raider
Bungie wants Destiny to be an e-sport, this is just the beginning

• Private matches for the Crucible
  • Still targeting early 2018 and expect to have better insight into exact timing in the New Year
  • We are also moving Ranked PVP to the top of our priority list for next year to support the competitive community

This is all fine but I just want to be allowed to play the control mode again with a regular queue.

Also, the fact that they consider the most absolutely boring modes (survival and countdown) to be "competitive" doesn't give me much hope for PvP in this game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Finally got my raid hand cannon on clear #14. Looks awesome. Feelsgoodman.

189 hours played. Last character stuck at 304 because I don't have a purple titan towel mod.

Also, the fact that they consider the most absolutely boring modes (survival and countdown) to be "competitive" doesn't give me much hope for PvP in this game.

Competitive just means that you are supposedly matched against people of similar skill levels. That said, the game types are still very team-based.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a class that plays similar to ME's Vanguard? Been playing Hunter, maybe only a few hours in and while looks like it at least partially emphasizes melee attacks, it doesn't seem to fully support it like ME did.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Is there a class that plays similar to ME's Vanguard? Been playing Hunter, maybe only a few hours in and while looks like it at least partially emphasizes melee attacks, it doesn't seem to fully support it like ME did.
Maybe the Titan, arc and void sub subclasses both feel vanguardy.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol, they made Alexa work with the game and what I'm assuming is a ghost shaped dot.

https://www.amazon.com/Limited-Dest...=fiona-hardware&ie=UTF8&qid=1512190484&sr=1-1
It's not, you still have to own an Echo/Dot/Kindle/whatever to connect that thing to. Or you could just save $90 and install the skill on your Echo/Dot/Kindle/whatever and have it work right now.

Sounds like the skill is extremely limited in what it can do too, especially compared to running DIM on your Kindle instead.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Reddit has a thread with hidden commands. I guess there is a lot of lore stuff in it.

It does save loadouts though. For like raid, pvp, etc.

Mikey

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Enjoying the game a lot. Soloed to ~285, just joined FOH2 - will be nice to do nightfalls / raid finally.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just hit 305 x3. Time: 191hrs. Should probably have plat trophy but I've never bothered with any prestige mode. Guess that's next. Ready for DLC1.