Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

faille

Molten Core Raider
So apparently this is free now. Is it worth trying if I have no plans to buy any of the expansions or anything?
And if so, any good starter guides for it?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So apparently this is free now. Is it worth trying if I have no plans to buy any of the expansions or anything?
It's a great game but you will obviously be locked out of a lot of shit without DLC. The new seasons have some free content.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Everything except the new expansion (coming next week) is free, and I think it's pretty fucking worthwhile.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Reminder - Break down anything that gives bright dust that you don't want. After Oct 1 bright dust item will only give glimmer or shards. I gained 10k bright dust breaking down armor, shaders, vehicles, and ghosts across all three characters. Also break down armor since it will be pretty much useless after armor 2.0. I had over 100 pieces in the bank for the inevitable "I might needs/use this one day" but let's be honest... I will never use it lol

spronk

FPS noob
i logged in yday and broke down everything too and ended up with 18k bright dust. no idea what its used for anymore but thats cool. if you go to rahuul, the engram dude, he'll convert 5x at a time shaders instead of 1x (why isn't there a 50x option too lol).

you can "retrieve" exotic weapons from a kiosk somewhere, right? like reconstruct it once you obtained it once? i didn't break down any of my exotics, just wanted to check first thats true. i doubt i'd ever reuse any of em again but some of them i remember being very cool.

i never played forsaken so its nice being able to play some of the stuff and see what i missed, but i gotta finish stripping my characters down. I also have stadia on pre order (god knows why) but that'll come with 3 free months of full Destiny 2 so i figure that'll be a good way to test out stadia and d2 at the same time.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
you can "retrieve" exotic weapons from a kiosk somewhere, right? like reconstruct it once you obtained it once?
Open inventory, tab left to Collections, open exotic list, hold button to reacquire. Exotic weapons are static rolls always. Exotic armor comes out of collections with a static roll, but they can drop with random perks, so before you dismantle take a look.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm ready, man. Got this in the mail today. Easily their best CE yet.

20190928_120629.jpg

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nerfs coming to rampage and other dps boosting weapon perks on Tuesday so of course today I pulled an Austringer from Menagerie with rampage, outlaw, extended barrel, alloy mag, and range mw. God tier hopefully long term but I’ll enjoy it for 2 days before Shadowkeep!

• 1Worf

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Are accounts going to be cross-platform finally? Sometimes I want to shoot shit from the couch, sometimes from the chair.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yes. If you already have multiple accounts, you choose which one becomes cross platform. Also you still have to buy the DLC on any platform you want to play it on.

Last edited:

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got Shadowkeep. Probably should have waited, since I have only been very casual in this game, haven't even done that much in Forsaken. But spent the weekend playing and had some fun. Enough to get me curious about their new direction. Hope it all works out for them.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The 24 hour downtime (transition to Steam) started this morning, right?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
This maintenance will last for approximately 24 hours, starting at 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC), ending with the launch of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep on October 1. During this downtime, players will be unable to log in to Bungie.net or access Destiny API features.

For the latest information on this maintenance as it occurs, including download availability and emergent issues, players should follow @BungieHelp on Twitter or monitor our support feed on help.bungie.net.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ok so i bought the preorder one, not digital deluxe.

Seems like deluxe was for people missing other expansions

Do I still need to buy season pass for undying?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
It comes with:

Pre-Purchase Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
Includes Shadowkeep, Season of the Undying and Shadowkeep Pre-Order Pack

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
The Deluxe version is basically Pre-order plus some cosmetics and 4 season passes. It does not indicate including Forsaken. Not sure how they are handling that part.