Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I did the preload of destiny2, then bought shadowkeep, is there going to be a big DL to do today/tomorrow?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I did the preload of destiny2, then bought shadowkeep, is there going to be a big DL to do today/tomorrow?

You probably already downloaded it. They don't have separate downloads for their expansions, it's all baked in and just locked behind what your account has been flagged with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The Deluxe version is basically Pre-order plus some cosmetics and 4 season passes. It does not indicate including Forsaken. Not sure how they are handling that part.
Much of Forsaken is still standalone and without it you wont be able to do a few raids and quest lines. However, purchasing on PC is frozen until the game is live on Steam, then it'll be $25.

No, it's all included in the preload.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They sure confuse the hell out of people.

If I ever wanted to come back and I have forsaken (and the smaller DLC's before that) but nothing after Forsaken, what do I buy? Just Shadowkeep?

Also I never finished Forsaken's main campaign so I am guessing I would want to start there?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They sure confuse the hell out of people.

If I ever wanted to come back and I have forsaken (and the smaller DLC's before that) but nothing after Forsaken, what do I buy? Just Shadowkeep?

Also I never finished Forsaken's main campaign so I am guessing I would want to start there?

Forsaken and Shadowkeep are buy to play. Most of everything else is called New LIght and is free now, so you just need Shadowkeep (don't know what the season passes do). Forsaken leads into Shadowkeep.

Think I read that all the campaigns will reset. So any campaign that you haven't finished (main story, Orsiris, etc.) you may have to start that one over again. Not sure about that. Didn't seem like a big deal though, they don't take that long. 2 of my toons will probably be retracing some of their steps.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
After grinding the Solstice armor, I haven't played in weeks. Looking forward to having some new stuff to do tomorrow!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Picked up Shadowkeep deluxe since I was itching to play again anyway. I think my toons left off around 710 light. What's the new cap going to be with shadowkeep?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
New Light (free D2) gives you almost everything, except for some Forsaken DLC stuff such as exotic quests and raids. For those you need to purchase Forsaken.

If all you want to do is move forward with new stuff, you don't need to do anything but buy Shadowkeep. That will get you the new campaign + Season of the Undying (Vex) premium battlepass content. The deluxe edition gets you three more seasons on top of that, effectively completing what would be the "Y3 Annual Pass."

Picked up Shadowkeep deluxe since I was itching to play again anyway. I think my toons left off around 710 light. What's the new cap going to be with shadowkeep?

Floor: 750
Soft cap: 900
Powerful cap: 950
Pinnacle (hard) cap: 960

Artifact can give you power levels above these infinitely but you lose artifact levels with each season reset.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I picked up the SK Deluxe. I hope they put Forsaken on sale tomorrow when the game launches. I didn't play much in Vanllia and I'm dying for a new game to play so hopefully this scratches the itch.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Snagged Shadowkeep...Not the deluxe. No idea what the season passes did, so fuck it.
Every few months a new 'season' comes out, with new content. The season pass includes those releases.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Google is failing me. Anyone post some articles or how tos on what to do now and how cross play will work? I only have PC destiny 2 characters. But it'd be cool to play with ps4 or Xbox people? And I guess I have to migrate my guys to steam?

Thank you.

italica

Trakanon Raider
I'm holding off on the seasons until I'm sure they aren't totally PVP based.

Season pass gets you enough currency to buy 3 (maybe 4?) seasonal DLC packages. I believe you can choose which 3 or 4 though. Doesn't HAVE to be the next ones released. Discounting the season stuff that is inherently included with Shadowkeep.

italica

Trakanon Raider
Wrong

That's not PvP ... has some pvp elements but ... yea. Regardless, under the new system you could not buy that season, and instead buy a different season later a la carte. Probably the least risky "season pass" any game has ever put out.