Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

khorum

Murder Apologist
Weird that I can't do nightfall:the ordeal now unless I buy Shadowkeep. I was spamming that over the weekend. Was there some kinda intro free period for the last week?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Weird that I can't do nightfall:the ordeal now unless I buy Shadowkeep. I was spamming that over the weekend. Was there some kinda intro free period for the last week?

It is a Shadowkeep strike this week. Pretty sure they have blocked non content owners from this in past expansions.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Damn some of you guys been farming. Im kinda splitting my time here and then WOW classic. But pretty much just raiding there, maybe some farming here and there.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It is a Shadowkeep strike this week. Pretty sure they have blocked non content owners from this in past expansions.

seems like if you do a random strike, you can get any of them, but if you specifically pick one that you haven't paid for you can't get it

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So now that I have beaten this campaign 2 times on 2 characters, 3rd to come, I have been thinking how this whole story is just fucking lacking and really has nothing to do with anything going on in the game.

Now im not usually a lolore or story dude, I could give a shit, I just like to shoot shit and collect mad loot. but this one kind of struck me as being lackluster and separated from the game itself.

You got to the moon, its haunted,
Hey, there is a pyramid of darkness there
Eris tells you to collect special armor
Fast forward after armor is complete go into the pyramid
fight a few previous D1 and D2 bosses
Talk to darkness and game over?

So where is the ending? What is this pyramid? What does this have to do with new raid with vex?

Will we have to wait a year or two for this shit to finally play itself out?

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dont think d3 will be out next year. Ps5 is fall of 2020. Betting they wait til at least 2021 or further before d3

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
since they left activision, have they released any kind of release timeline? i'm sure the previous plan was to have something pretty close to launch for the new systems... but i think bungie is trying to go with more realistic release windows

Cabales

Trakanon Raider

This actually makes it look like Shadowkeep is year 1 of the 5 year plan. I'm not sure that's really how it's intended though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im still kind of disappointed with this expansion and the lack of refresh in all the vendors. they used to do this in all the expansions in D1. We would get a fresh batch of vanguard, crucible, etc, weapons every time. Shit I would even be happy with them reusing some of the older skins, fuck even D1 skins, just add some new shit to these vendors already. Its been fucking 2 yrs now with the same shit. I have 2K gun mats, thousands of tokens that are worthless aside trading them in for other shit rather than guns. So they gave us what? 12 new weapons, 6 on the moon, six from vex thing, then maybe another six in the raid, couple of new exotics. Maybe 1 or two hidden ones yet to be released? Aside the pinnacles, where is the new vanguard weapons, crucible, where is the refresh of gambit weapons? Gunsmith? Hes been peddling the same bullshit for 3 yrs now.

The new armor is cool, but again its still min maxing shit, find the right set that fits your style (MORE REGEN), keep it, then scrap all the other shit. If you dont like the look, hey we now have transmogs. All this armor 2.0 shit did is add in an extra layer of grinding for armor now (and more confusing numbers in the values). Which I guess its cool because it is a grind game after all, but what im saying is this did not add any depth or any RPG shit. Still the same stats, same values but now multiplied. a 2 5 3 build before this armor 2.0 is still a 2 5 3 build, but now with a grind associated. I would rather them leave the armor be as it was (because lets face it, this new system is the same shit) And have us grind out some transmogs to change the look. Now that would be cool. But instead all the cool transmogs are now behind paywall. Imagine some cool transmogs from crucible, or strikes, make it rare, and people would be grinding the shit out of it. Remember the Tannix cloak from D1? Or those hunter cloaks from the 3 pscion strike on mars? Peopel ground the shit out of those strikes to get those items. TLDR armor 2.0 update it all seems worthless to me, its the same shit but with more numbers.

This to me feels like a minor expansion rather than a major one like forsaken. and I still feel like they are missing the ball in general grindage. Those new guns from vex all look like ass too. Fucking leaves all over them? WTF? I guess they will have a brand new section of the everse store for their transmogs, lol. Not that anyone will do any of that shit because all those new guns are all hot garbage from what I have seen. Its still the same meta of mountaintop, recluse, and add your favorite heavy. None of these new guns even come close.

I hope they are done releasing the super broken OP pinnacle weapons, nerf those to the ground and lets get back to collecting cool space pew pews to shoot more aliens with that are worth a damn. Make Destiny Great Again.

I do like the new haunts, its like a 3/4 strike from Destiny 1 which is cool for the peeps that played D1 and cool for those that didnt so they can experience some of that. But the rewards are meh. Like I mentioned in a thread before why even do hard mode haunts that dont drop anything unique? They are not even worth more towards the weekly powerful. I feel they missed out on an opportunity to add some grindage. (and no, the new moon guns are all garbage save maybe the pulse. But we all have a shit ton of those already, at least I do.)

And BTW why do they keep adding in dumb weapons archetypes that no one uses? the 150 scouts? the 180 and 110 hand cannons? the 600 energy autos that block your view with their arc animation? Where is more of my 140 hand cannons, where is more of the 150s? Where is the 180 and 200 scouts? Where is the 90 shotties? Why not add in some new archetypes all together to liven things up a bit? I dont know, something.

On the plus side I do like the new gatelord eye seasonal thing and I do like the new seasonal exp progression as well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
The new guns from the vex are the CoO prophecy weapons with a leaf on it.

I'm hoping we get a vendor refresh with the next season.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So now that I have beaten this campaign 2 times on 2 characters, 3rd to come, I have been thinking how this whole story is just fucking lacking and really has nothing to do with anything going on in the game.

Now im not usually a lolore or story dude, I could give a shit, I just like to shoot shit and collect mad loot. but this one kind of struck me as being lackluster and separated from the game itself.

You got to the moon, its haunted,
Hey, there is a pyramid of darkness there
Eris tells you to collect special armor
Fast forward after armor is complete go into the pyramid
fight a few previous D1 and D2 bosses
Talk to darkness and game over?

So where is the ending? What is this pyramid? What does this have to do with new raid with vex?

Will we have to wait a year or two for this shit to finally play itself out?

So I totally agree. I had Forsaken ready to go and played through the two previous expansions to catch up but then got side tracked. When this came out I bought it, and went right to Forsaken. Which was awesome. Did a few strikes and what not, and started in on Shadowkeep. I stopped caring about anything they were even saying or going with any semblance of a story, and decided to gut through it and start with other content and such I haven't done for a while. Going from Forsaken to Shadowkeep was as jarring had I gone from God of War on Ps Pro and then booted up it's sequel, Pong.

It honestly isn't any better than a season pass for Apex at this point, but $34.99 in comparison to any other season pass which hovers around 7-9 bucks.

Last edited:

italica

Trakanon Raider
Im still kind of disappointed with this expansion and the lack of refresh in all the vendors. they used to do this in all the expansions in D1. We would get a fresh batch of vanguard, crucible, etc, weapons every time. Shit I would even be happy with them reusing some of the older skins, fuck even D1 skins, just add some new shit to these vendors already. Its been fucking 2 yrs now with the same shit. I have 2K gun mats, thousands of tokens that are worthless aside trading them in for other shit rather than guns. So they gave us what? 12 new weapons, 6 on the moon, six from vex thing, then maybe another six in the raid, couple of new exotics. Maybe 1 or two hidden ones yet to be released? Aside the pinnacles, where is the new vanguard weapons, crucible, where is the refresh of gambit weapons? Gunsmith? Hes been peddling the same bullshit for 3 yrs now.

The new armor is cool, but again its still min maxing shit, find the right set that fits your style (MORE REGEN), keep it, then scrap all the other shit. If you dont like the look, hey we now have transmogs. All this armor 2.0 shit did is add in an extra layer of grinding for armor now (and more confusing numbers in the values). Which I guess its cool because it is a grind game after all, but what im saying is this did not add any depth or any RPG shit. Still the same stats, same values but now multiplied. a 2 5 3 build before this armor 2.0 is still a 2 5 3 build, but now with a grind associated. I would rather them leave the armor be as it was (because lets face it, this new system is the same shit) And have us grind out some transmogs to change the look. Now that would be cool. But instead all the cool transmogs are now behind paywall. Imagine some cool transmogs from crucible, or strikes, make it rare, and people would be grinding the shit out of it. Remember the Tannix cloak from D1? Or those hunter cloaks from the 3 pscion strike on mars? Peopel ground the shit out of those strikes to get those items. TLDR armor 2.0 update it all seems worthless to me, its the same shit but with more numbers.

This to me feels like a minor expansion rather than a major one like forsaken. and I still feel like they are missing the ball in general grindage. Those new guns from vex all look like ass too. Fucking leaves all over them? WTF? I guess they will have a brand new section of the everse store for their transmogs, lol. Not that anyone will do any of that shit because all those new guns are all hot garbage from what I have seen. Its still the same meta of mountaintop, recluse, and add your favorite heavy. None of these new guns even come close.

On the plus side I do like the new gatelord eye seasonal thing and I do like the new seasonal exp progression as well.

I agree. I would have liked.... more? That being said, I feel like we need to keep perspective on the absolute massive amount of back end work they had to do between moving off battle.net / onto Steam, and implementing the cross save system for this particular expansion. Those would not be "minor" undertakings by any stretch. That's certainly a different team than the primary content team, the artists probably weren't involved with that... but the actual software development / code writing team would have been to some significant degree.

I'm willing to give them a pass and a chance to get momentum rolling in the post Activision world. I wanted more... but what there is I've enjoyed? (Aside from maybe the final raid boss mechanics jfc).

It's certainly been a fuck load better than Osiris, which made me stop playing the game pretty much until Forsaken.

Edit: Who wasn't excited when they came around that first corner and saw the Pyramid? It's been how long since that first view of them? They certainly have my attention. I feel like I'm waiting for a guilty pleasure author to release their next short but sweet novel.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
We have to keep in mind the enormity of the back end changes that came along with this expansion. Sure it feels a little light on content relative to like... Forsaken. But the back end system changes, moving from battle.net to Steam

I agree. I would have liked.... more? That being said, I feel like we need to keep perspective on the absolute massive amount of back end work they had to do between moving off battle.net / onto Steam, and implementing the cross save system for this particular expansion. Those would not be "minor" undertakings by any stretch. That's certainly a different team than the primary content team, the artists probably weren't involved with that... but the actual software development / code writing team would have been to some significant degree.

I'm willing to give them a pass and a chance to get momentum rolling in the post Activision world. I wanted more... but what there is I've enjoyed? (Aside from maybe the final raid boss mechanics jfc).

It's certainly been a fuck load better than Osiris, which made me stop playing the game pretty much until Forsaken.

Point taken, but I still feel they are missing opportunities here with the content they put out, to add more meaningful grinds to the game, then they have with this showing. Its all im saying.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I feel like we need to keep perspective on the absolute massive amount of back end work they had to do between moving off battle.net / onto Steam, and implementing the cross save system for this particular expansion. Those would not be "minor" undertakings by any stretch. That's certainly a different team than the primary content team, the artists probably weren't involved with that... but the actual software development / code writing team would have been to some significant degree.

Yeah for the internal processed accounts and the migration from Actvision to Bungie (Steam), but the development API's and hooks for Cross Save was already there. That should not have taken much work.

Still, the expansion wasn't worth $34.99. And I didn't see anything dropping like you say. And I disagree on Osiris. Osiris had a better out lay then what I just played through which was a confusing mess of "What did I just try to follow?" Now, maybe I had forgotten a lot about Destiny 1 and somehow it ties into that, or they will come out with more content - but overall compared to Forsaken, this thing doesn't hold a candle in a content to price ratio. Lucky for me there is a ton of content I missed out on, and will only play it casually and no sub fee.

Also the free to play model up to now was a business decision because they need more people playing if they want a chance to fund anything on their own. I get that - but the system changes to make that happen shouldn't also counter act what is the worst expansion in both generations of games. And it is. Honestly, it shouldn't have been called an expansion at all or compared to Forsaken in the slightest. This expansion was season pass quality at best amounting to $14.99.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nahh osiris still takes the cake for worse expansion. Content wise this expansion has like 4x the content osiris did. Uggh just looking back and having to traverse the stupid same infinite forest or whatever the fuck for every mission, uggh it was painful. I quit D2 back then too, came back during tail end of warmind like a few weeks before forsaken. Now warmind was cool. Ut if you have not played through warmind, give that a try.

I men between the 6 haunts they added, which each one is like 3/4 of a D1 strike, to the vex invasions which is like an entirely new public event, the vex instance itself, the raid (osiris did not have one) not to mention the cool new moon, which sections of it are brand new along with cool new lost sectors, which are actually pretty fun now. Osiris venus was aids compared to moon. etc...etc...

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Nahh osiris still takes the cake for worse expansion. Content wise this expansion has like 4x the content osiris did. Uggh just looking back and having to traverse the stupid same infinite forest or whatever the fuck for every mission, uggh it was painful. I quit D2 back then too, came back during tail end of warmind like a few weeks before forsaken. Now warmind was cool. Ut if you have not played through warmind, give that a try.

Yeah I went through Warmind and quit right after (I think) I should check. My quest log is confusing as hell to determine what I finished and what I didn't. Old age.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
What this feels like to me is that they took the changes that they were going to put into D3 and folded them into D2 and put out a starter story that will build over time. Which is fine, but it was not presented as such. They built up hype on the new armor system and going back to the moon. The hype for this game is nearly always a let down, with the exception of Forsaken. One of the unfortunate things about them separating from Activision is, that they lost access to the studios that did most of the work on Forsaken and Warmind. I expect to see more locations from D1 getting folded into D2 as well, even if it is temporary content.