Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Majority solo as well.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 3.50.53 PM.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bothered to go look it up, I've got 1200 hours of PvE activities, most of which will be matchmade activities. 400 hours in the crucible, the vast majority of those are with me queuing with friends (which is another exciting discussion on SBMM and Lobby Balance).

At a rough guess, I'd say I'd spend a good 20% of my time truly solo doing bounties and roaming the world working on quests and the like, which include activities like public events, escalation protocol and the Contact public event which all require other people in the game world (I've duo'd Contact with randoms and farmed level 7 EP bosses with a friend), the next 20% solo queuing for matchmaking activities like strikes, hero level Ordeals, menagerie and forges.

The rest of the time, I'm either duo'd or with a fireteam doing Master Ordeals, PvPing, Dungeons or harder quest lines like Zero Hour. After that.. I'm in the D2 PC LFG discord, finding teams to do Pit of Heresy and Prophecy on the weekly, or raids. I don't do raids that often, but with a bunch of things going away, I started doing all the raids, some of which I've never done before, like Spire of Stars.

Nightfall: Ordeal at hero level (the highest/hardest/best rewards that you can matchmake for) matchmade activity is a sterling example of why and how matchmade activities are loaded with lazy, uninformed and frankly careless people. They just hit matchmake and expect to get carried. I don't think that's entirely those players fault either.

I've done Ordeals a fair bit, while a normal strike is able to be brute forced, the Ordeal requires a little more planning on weapon/ability selection. After doing a bunch of these solo queued I realised the ONLY way I was going to finish the Ordeal in under 30 minutes was to treat the other 2 people in the party as if they weren't there. Meaning I needed to bring all the weapon types to beat all of the champions, and all the right damage types to deal with the shields. This means I don't have to rely on someone else being able to break the shield on a barrier champion, or deal with that Unstoppable Ogre, or drop that Arc shield on the Hive Knights.

Edit: So there's a fuckload of content that can be done in small blocks. 90% of all content is like that. However, if you want to do raids or Master or Grandmaster Nightfalls, then yeah, get some friends, or start using the LFG Discord.
Very clearly added more to match making than I knew was there and also made some of it more useful in terms of light/gear progression than what I thought was useful.

Appreciate the run down.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
wasted_1.PNG

Then I played Console (PS4) before PC version came out...
wasted_2.PNG

Before Destiny2 there was Destiny 1

wasted_3.PNG

And I would say 90% of this time is all pretty much solo. Fuck my life, thats almost 2K hours spent in Destiny.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Good point, is that only steam time? I rememeber this site being around way before D2 moved to steam. So I dont think so.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
During Year 1, I remade my characters 4-5 times to boost my light level. 2 months ago, I remade all my characters one final time (yeah, not doing this again) I really disliked the Exo look.

twd2.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So ive been oout of the loop for a few weeks, is there going to be another Iron Banner before the new expansion?

Fadaar

That guy
I have 800 hrs just on Steam so not sure where all my time went

Untitled.png

this reminds me I need to hit season pass 500 just for shits n giggles

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
So ive been oout of the loop for a few weeks, is there going to be another Iron Banner before the new expansion?
I don't think so. Never got a Bite of the Fox with snapshot/opening shot QQ. Only thing I wanted from IB.
Edit: So there's a fuckload of content that can be done in small blocks. 90% of all content is like that. However, if you want to do raids or Master or Grandmaster Nightfalls, then yeah, get some friends, or start using the LFG Discord.
You can also use the LFG on bungie website. I literally did everything -no exception- with randoms using this. I found the general D2 community to be really chill and competent, at least during the evening/night.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Whats the fastest way to get your Power Level up in this game? I havent played since Saint-14 returned. I spent like 6 hours and went from 990-1005 and I swear this was faster before lol.

I've just been hitting crucible and doing dailies from Zavala.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Whats the fastest way to get your Power Level up in this game? I havent played since Saint-14 returned. I spent like 6 hours and went from 990-1005 and I swear this was faster before lol.

I've just been hitting crucible and doing dailies from Zavala.

Turn in a ton of crucible tokens utnil your inventory is full, delete all but highest in slot, rinse repeat. How I got to 1050 in a couple hours. Then I just gave up, its so slow going over. Im at like 1054 and have no desire to go higher.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
What Breakdown said is correct.

Destiny 2 Vendor Engrams will show you if a vendor is dropping high so you can use some other materials. Powerful rewards are the key here in the Director.

Once you hit raw 1050 (without your artifact) it's time for the weekly Pinnacle rewards +1-2 power levels. Don't be doing Pinnacles until you've hit 1050. It's a 3-4 week Pinnacle grind to hit 1060. Took me 5 weeks to get to 1060 on my Titan because I just couldn't get the last item to drop on a Pinnacle. To possibly speed things up, do all your pinnacles on one character, move weapons across, and start again on the next, you can normally eek out a little more power per week doing this.

Fadaar

That guy
really no point in grinding right now when soft cap will be... 1100? in a few days

edit: nice use of Paint It Black in the trailer, always a good decision when it's a "am I hearing <song name here>?" moment

Last edited: