Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agreed. I used to rip the shit out this game quite regularly until a buddy said we should play it and I would like the Witch Queen. So got that and started having an absolute blast and the loot chase began. Admittedly, I am also a story guy though so coming in on the tail end of Wrath of the Lich King as far as build up. So I am excited to see what happens here with the Witness and the culmination of everything over the next two years. I also found that seasons here are not traditional seasons we see in Apex - wher eyou get cosmetics and a new hero and MAYBE a new map. Seasons here has BOAT loads of content, story stuff, maybe a dungeon - so the season pass stuff is absolutely worth it for the sheer amount of content given. Yeah you get cosmetics and level up and such with the season pass, but you also get access to all the cool itemization ideas, crafting style, missions, and activities. Played Heist on Sunday before Seraph went away and had a blast and wishing I would have had more time with that - so I am really looking forward to running through the story on legendary and going into season 20 content afterwards. Before when I last played, an expansion was about 4 hours worth of content and then back to really doing nothing but grinding light levels. That is no longer the case now.
I bought D2 when it first released and didn't care for it which led me to abandoning it after a week or two. I popped back in a few years later and it still didn't appeal to me. However, my buddy asked me to play Witch Queen with him and....wow...the game has thoroughly evolved and become a truly enjoyable experience.

I'm pretty difficult to please when it comes to games, but D2 really is a fantastic PvE game. I think the PvP is AIDs, but I can avoid it 90% of the time and still enjoy all the content I want to experience.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok logged in over lunch, saw the cut scene (Epic) and logged out after selecting legendary for the mission structure - ready to hit Neptune and have tomorrow off :p Feel like I am 12.

Also drunk gaming weekend is this weekend so it might be more buzzed weekend while playing this.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having fun so far, but do the graphics in the city area where you first come into contact with the Strand powers feel really lame and dated to anyone else?

It looks like something from 2010 to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Having fun so far, but do the graphics in the city area where you first come into contact with the Strand powers feel really lame and dated to anyone else?

Have not played yet, but yeah, just from their video drops of gameplay they seemed a bit...off.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

Definitely have that feel. Bland and plain, no details that make the place really jump out at you and so far the ambiance is meh. Hoping it improves, still having fun though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its like an ultra clean, empty city. I guess that is rather boring.

So, for those who've been playing since launch -> Forsaken+, how have the Vex been presented? I would think by now, they will have been shown as being neither Light or Dark oriented, rather out there trying to reach some goal of their own willing to fight anyone.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Destiny broke its all time peak concurrent players today. Guess Witch Queen word of mouth did some wonders for this release.

So, for those who've been playing since launch -> Forsaken+, how have the Vex been presented? I would think by now, they will have been shown as being neither Light or Dark oriented, rather out there trying to reach some goal of their own willing to fight anyone.

The Vex as a whole want to be the final shape, and every cycle of this "game" that has been the outcome - Vex. All they care about is making everything uniform.

There's also an offshoot branch of Vex called the Sol Divisive that actually worship the darkness and somehow split themselves from the rest of the Vex hive mind. Whether or not they are in cahoots with the Witness is not clear.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Everything about this expansion feels gay. Especially Nimbus.

• 2Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Destiny broke its all time peak concurrent players today. Guess Witch Queen word of mouth did some wonders for this release.

The Vex as a whole want to be the final shape, and every cycle of this "game" that has been the outcome - Vex. All they care about is making everything uniform.

There's also an offshoot branch of Vex called the Sol Divisive that actually worship the darkness and somehow split themselves from the rest of the Vex hive mind. Whether or not they are in cahoots with the Witness is not clear.
How about these Tormentors? If I recall the old, old Destiny concept art about the Darkness races, they sorta appear like the Wraith-race? Are they a faction in the Cabal, or a gift given to Calus from the Witness?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If they are tied to a race that we know, Bungie hasn't said anything. Tormentors have only been referred to as a new darkness combatant serving the Witness.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Neptune guys remind me of the Silverhawks cartoon from the 80s.

Silverhawks.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KoahLei

Karen
Are any of the add ons worth it during this sale? I've only got Deluxe WQ and the free beyond light.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
strand training mission on legendary made me want to shoot myself

edit: second strand training mission on legendary made me want to shoot myself

Last edited:
  • 2Worf