Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can tell the studio probably won't survive much longer because no one from leadership was fired.
Funny, was telling some family about this, blue collar family at that, so they know about unions and the whole song and dance; their first response was “it seem that maybe going out of business”

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think it's just low population numbers exacerbated by the people still playing that use bows: bad casuals and cracked demons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
yeah this late in a season it's only the sweats grinding it out left

speaking of which i probably have stuff to finish up for the season but i just cant be assed. think i still have 2 or 3 seasonal weapons to finish the crafting patterns for but theyre all shit so not too concerned.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played a whopping total of once this season. Didn’t even finish the entry quest completely. Getting a buddy of mine to play last season and actually progressing dungeons and doing more difficult content was amazing, and then he quit and it was back to solo city which just gutted any desire I had to play.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
yeah this late in a season it's only the sweats grinding it out left

speaking of which i probably have stuff to finish up for the season but i just cant be assed. think i still have 2 or 3 seasonal weapons to finish the crafting patterns for but theyre all shit so not too concerned.
Actually ive been doing really good in IB. I just got around to playing again and its not been too bad. Of course there are the blowout matches, and a few ringers thrown into the shit low tier 1.3 KDA match making pool im in, but ive been enjoying it. Crucible seems to be in a good state right now. Im seeing all kinds of weapons being used, AR, SMG, Pulse, Bow, HC...

But youre going to have the entire next season to finish up all that shit. Honestly there are not many guns in the seasonal shit I really want. Season of deep or whatever was shit, as far as guns. And this season I only see the HC and maybe the scout? Best thing I got was the Epochal Integration HC for doing a quest to unlock the new strand shit, that thing feels really nice. Honestly though the loot has been kind of meh all around for the better part of a year or even longer now. They are jsut running out of ideas it seems. I think they need to introduce some new archetypes or something because like I mentioned time and time again, how many 140 HCs you gonna give us, or 390, 540, 340 pulses, or 450, 600 ARs etc.etc... It just all starts to feel the same after a while. Granted they introduce new perks but even then there is only a few that matter anyway. My vault is filled with the crap and honestly I have like 10-15 favorites I keep going back to, take away the crucible and the list goes down to like 5-7.

I also think they hamstrung themselves with gear as well. The system is shit in general and once you have a few sets of good gear its like why the fuck even bother looking for any more? I have my double or near triple tier 10 stat gear, 1 for crucible and 1 for pve and I have no use for ANYTHING that drops anymore. Its more about hunting down transmogs now more than anything. Maybe they need to add perks on gear or something to make them more appealing to hunt for or something. IDK im not a game designer.

Last edited:

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hunting for transmog isn’t even the carrot it should be, 90% of the best looking stuff is all cash shop.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it worth pulling the trigger on Lightfall as it's reduced atm?

Looks like I have access to a number of other content with PS+ as well.

Vaguely remember something on here about all the old exotics getting sunsetted. Can I still upgrade them or all they all garbage now?

Sorry in advance for seemingly dumb questions.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

Vaguely remember something on here about all the old exotics getting sunsetted. Can I still upgrade them or all they all garbage now?

I would, but I'm a sucker for failing vidya games.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Grizzlebeard Grizzlebeard

Lighfall is good, people bitched at the campaign, but I thought it was decent, plus it opens up strand sub classes which are cool as hell and you also get tons of content to open up all the subclass perks and wepons and all that shit that goes along with it. If its on sale its a no brainer IMO if youre into Destiny.

Pretty much all exotics are still in the game, and can be upgraded and best of all you can focus for the ones you dont have them at the cryptarch now I think. And you can buy them as well with exotic cyphers at the kiosk in the tower which you do a quest for with xur on fridays to get them. So there is now options to get all caught up with exotic armor and weapons in several ways. Exotic engrams drop like candy now since they are used as currency to focus the ones you dont have, so you will have plenty to either decypher and take the RNG or focus a few of them into what you want. also keep in mind that most exotic engrams decypher into armor like 90% of the time, so if you want weapons you will have to focus them.

Look for some popular "builds" which utilize certain exotic armor. While most if not all exotic weapons are good, armor is kind of different and there are powerful pieces and some not so much and pretty much useless. So unless youre a completionist, I would suggest going for the good shit first as far as armor is concerned.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Lucky is a trash tier content guy, wouldn't trust anything coming from him. Video is all based on a pastebin link of which we've had dozens in the past. Nothing credible has come out of the "leak" community since the streamer Ek got caught/banned by Bungie. All we get is data mined information on the first week of the season and they go quiet again. I wouldn't bet on any of it...

Yes Lightfall is worth getting if you're gonna play, Strand is too good to not try out. Deluxe edition purchase will give you a year of seasonal content** to get through if you care, though it'll be confusing having it all available at once. Deluxe edition will also unlock the Ghosts dungeon and the new dungeon coming on December 1.

** LF seasonal content(s):
  • Defiance: Battleground activities, exotic glaive mission, stasis exotic bow
  • Deep: Salvage & Deep Dive activities, stasis exotic scout mission, arc exotic auto rifle
  • Witch: Altars & Savathun Spire activities, Hive boomer knight exotic GL
One exotic armor for each class with each season. All of the seasonal stories follow the same basic weekly cadence so doing all three at once I imagine would be pretty draining. Deep and Witch activities have a sort of choose your own difficulty elements that can be interesting.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy

Exotics never got sunset, just legendaries prior to Season of... the Worthy? Whichever one had the Seventh Seraph weapons, I think that's the oldest season that didn't get sunset.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wow, so this nerf patch coming up, holy shit! Reddit all in an uproar, people quitting, cats raining down....etc!

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wow, so this nerf patch coming up, holy shit! Reddit all in an uproar, people quitting, cats raining down....etc!

Uh oh. Lol what is it? Now wouldn’t be the time to piss off everyone.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Titans got the shaft. Bonk hammer titan is 4x nerfed. Nerfs to woven armor, nerfs to devour, overall nerfs to survival, orb generation, which pretty much is the engine behind everything space magic in destiny 2, nerfed to 1 every 10 seconds!!!!... Tons of mod nerfs to ability gen. Have to use armor charges to make some of that shit work now. And they are getting us ready for the next set of nerfs which is walrock well and titan bubble because of PvP, lol.

I thought for certain this was going to be one of the more fun seasons considering they need to get people back into game. But its not looking too good. I honestly dont know what they are thinking. I know that these changes were prob planned well before all the shit with Bungie went down but this is not the time to make this game more unfun and bullet spongy whilst plinking away at shit from behind cover 50 meters back because your defense is a paper bag. Basically getting the game to be slower, with space magic gutted along with surviveability.

Look at the comments... I mean its reddit so people are pissed to begin with but people are really pissed at this one.

1700769036742.png

Ouch!

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You say all of that and you're worried of the incoming nerfs but next season is poised to be insane because it's got the craziest artifact mods we've ever seen. Content will probably be easier than ever. People on Reddit are mostly awful at the game. The best thing you can do for survivability is cap at 60 fps anyway, pseudo god mode, why most day 1 raid streams look like shit.

We're all MMO vets. We know power creep inflation when we see it, we're all more powerful than we've ever been and Bungo can't keep adding shit on top.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL im not scared. If it sucks I will simply not play and this franchise will be prob done for me. They never revert nerfs and if they do it takes them like 6 months because their turn around time for this game is abysmal. Their leadership has really no fucking clue. When the sentiment is at an all time low, player numbers at an all time low, they go and nerf the living shit out of everything fun? Like how is this supposed to attract people back to play? Instead of leving things as they are and turning out a banger season they give us this shit.

I really could give a shit about Destiny being Hard or easy, this game was always relatively easy. Now its just going to be more of chore than anything. I want the game to be fun, not be a chore to play. Also artifact mods? who gives a shit when everything else is being nerfed to the ground?