Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was initially stoked about these. The Hunter one is probably the best imo but am I correct in thinking you can only use them on Legendary and below armour slots, not Exotics? My Hunter will look a bit crappy with this set and Lucky Pants (when I eventually get them).

Fadaar

That guy
I was initially stoked about these. The Hunter one is probably the best imo but am I correct in thinking you can only use them on Legendary and below armour slots, not Exotics? My Hunter will look a bit crappy with this set and Lucky Pants (when I eventually get them).

You never know, they may give them a good ornament at some point. Star Eater Scales finally got a non retarded looking one recently after all these years.

They won’t, at least not for a long time if any of the other “cross over” armor is an indication. The Ghost of Tsushima cosmetics have been available for a long while now and have never been available for bright dust.

buncha cunts. i've been sitting on 600 silver for god knows how long but i aint giving in to the temptation. wouldnt be surprised if these crossover armor sets arent allowed to be sold for free due to contract shenanigans.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah fuck paying them more for shit that really does not matter. I pay to play this game $100 per year, Its like a $8.3 per month sub. I mean its not much in the grand scheme of things and the hours I put in, but they are not getting a cent more out of me. $20 for a skin? Per character? lol, no thanks. If it was $5, than maybe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Meanwhile, Diablo 4 is hawking $65 horse skins. Cosmetic prices are an industry problem but D2 is nowhere near the worst offenders.

Bungie's philosophy is that they don't allow you to mask exotics because they want other players to be able to visually identify them.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It wouldnt be a industry problem if people just stopped buying them. Just stop!

• 1Truth!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Big update today. Prophecy refresh, hoverboards, guardian games, crucible sandbox changes, trials loot/card update etc.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Tower Defense / Horde mode might be coming soon, this Into the Light stuff is going to have three separate live streams from Bungie.

Starts April 9th. First live stream is next Tuesday the 19th.

1710530237243.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Whats the current shit going on in Destiny and is it gay?
Long ass season till June when the new expansion hits. Which gives you a chance to catch up on the story quests and do some grinding for all the weapons for the past 3 seasons if you buy in of course. Most of which can be crafted with your chosen perks. Right now the guardian games are going on. And I guess they have other shit planned as seen above. They just did a huge balance pass for PvP last patch. Not sure when you played last but they added a few dungeons to the fold as well. Revamped one of the older ones with new weapon perks which is cool. But aside that its the good ole Destiny 2 BS. Oh and they added a good team finder right into the game which works well. YOu can use this for either raids or dungeons or other shit like GM nightfalls.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
In the card deck thing still going on? I honestly don’t know the last time I played (I think I haven’t touched it since the release of the new class) but I saw cards mentioned in this thread and searched on it. Looks like it came in October?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That was last seasons content. And yes you can still play last seasons shit and the one before that too if you buy the seasons pack for the year. Its a great time to do so since we still have like 90 days left till expansion hits, so plenty of time to go through all the story quest content for all 3 seasons.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Binging on weekly drip feed content will get tiresome but yeah there will be a lot to grind if you wanted to. The story has actually been pretty good over the past year if you care about it, too.

That hunter in the foreground wielding a revamped midnight coupe? can't tell.

I fuckin hope so

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Live stream was exactly what people expected from the teaser image. New horde mode named Onslaught that gets progressively harder, mix of enemies, rewards every 10 waves, ends at 50 waves and has a legendary version. You can earn currency during the matches to place things like turrets. I think they mentioned every '6' numbered wave (6, 16, 26...) you get teleported somewhere for a kind of gauntlet section. Next week stream is going to be about the weapons they're bringing back. Today they only showed the midtown map but they said that wasn't the only location.

Notes someone took down:
INTO THE LIGHT launches weekly reset April 9th

• Hoarde mode confirmed. Onslaught
  • Legend difficulty confirmed
  • Tripwires, turrets confirmed.
  • Wave 1 to 50 mentioned
  • No matter the difficulty, losing it all and it will fail. Defensive game mode, not offensive
  • Will be found in the Last City
  • Witness doing all it can to stop us closing it down
  • Shaxx is opening up his Arsenal (hear more next week) and is the vendor
  • Gameplay shown during livestream
  • Onslaught is 3 player fireteam based. Matchmaking. (not confirmed for higher difficulties)
  • Build crafters should be on notice
  • Fallen enemy shown.
  • Killing enemies grant scrap which can be spent on defences
  • Shaxx’s Redjacks will be there to help
  • MIDNIGHT COUP CONFIRMED
  • Lore point is that because we assault the Witness, earth is undefended so building this is essential to defend the Last City
  • Lots of weapon information starting next week (Lots of new Lore attached)
  • High Value Targets shown with Champions dropping materials and augments
  • Onslaught map is PvP map Midtown with new decorations
  • Defences can be upgraded to be stronger. Tripmines and Turrets. Do more damage, health, fire rate
  • Bonus objectives appear. One seen is complete wave in X amount of time. Rewards include heavy ammo crates. Bonuses scale with difficulty as you go further on
  • Playlist version of Onslaught, 10 waves. Challenge version is 5 sets of 10 waves and you move around 3 different locations around the map
  • Bosses confirmed in Challenge version (Basically after every 10 waves)
  • One location is taking the fight to a Pyramid ship and dunking a spark like Rift
  • 10 wave version is Onslaught playlist. Quick and easy going fun
  • Upgrades increase in cost (Scrap) so choose upgrades wisely
  • Throwing batteries at main ADU gives it health. Like Black Armoury forges and rewards scrap. Don’t let enemies in the zone
  • Boss in Pyramid taking fight to the Witness
  • Has augments to help deal with bosses
  • Playlist is matchmaking / fireteam. Challenge mode normal is matchmade, legend challenge pre-made (Says needs to confirm). Fireteam Finder on hand
  • Hive shown. Hive, Fallen and Taken will be involved
  • More weapons to be revealed next week
  • Shaxx will be announcing during the mode to push us on
  • Max level for defences is 3
  • If defence is destroyed, It will need to be re-bought and levelled
  • Scrap is player based, not Fireteam
  • 12K Scrap total to fully upgrade Turret
  • Up to wave 20 on stream
  • Every time you clear a boss; your previous defences will remain. So if you move location they will remain at the last location but cannot be upgraded again until it’s the defence point
  • Every 10 waves you get a chest. Challenge you’ll get 2 chests. Hard mode, additional rewards and double (Some surprises along the way)
  • Possible variants to rewards
  • Revives - on until you progress in challenge to a certain point which will turn into darkness zone and modifiers will also be added the further you go
  • Can’t gift scrap. You can upgrade defences other players place or upgrade first
  • ‘Onslaught and chill’ will be great for catalysts, triumphs and bounties
  • Bungie challenges the community do complete legend all 50 waves solo
  • No timer. Only fail condition is to lose the defence
  • Lore wise - Weapons Shaxx has been keeping. Ones that are frowned upon in the Crucible. Revealed next week
  • Light level set to current level
  • Hung Jury came up as a reward
  • Midnight Coup was shown to hold Firefly and Kinetic Tremors perk combination
  • Less boss immune mechanics and more buffs to take them on
  • Onslaught will be on multiple maps

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Onslaught weapon list from stream today: Midnight Coup, Luna's Howl, Blast Furnace, Hung Jury, Recluse, Mountaintop, Succession, Forbearance, Edge Transit, Hammerhead, Falling Guillotine. Will be able to attune yourself to a specific weapon if you want for increased drop rate. Curated versions will be given through the Onslaught quest line.

The glowing tip look on the screenshots is a limited time shader that will only drop before TFS, weapons will continue to drop afterward. Finishing the Onslaught reputation/quest line will reward a Superblack shader return from D1. Crucible rats will never change their looks again.

1711475526621.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That shader is nice. I haven’t been on much lately due to my PS5 pad being borderline unplayable with stick drift. Annoying AF dying to laser traps and shit with it. New one on order.

Boring story over.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That shader is nice. I haven’t been on much lately due to my PS5 pad being borderline unplayable with stick drift. Annoying AF dying to laser traps and shit with it. New one on order.

Boring story over.

There are deadzone settings in the gamepad area now, you might be able to tweak them enough to offset whatever is happening.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Onslaught weapon list from stream today: Midnight Coup, Luna's Howl, Blast Furnace, Hung Jury, Recluse, Mountaintop, Succession, Forbearance, Edge Transit, Hammerhead, Falling Guillotine. Will be able to attune yourself to a specific weapon if you want for increased drop rate. Curated versions will be given through the Onslaught quest line.

The glowing tip look on the screenshots is a limited time shader that will only drop before TFS, weapons will continue to drop afterward. Finishing the Onslaught reputation/quest line will reward a Superblack shader return from D1. Crucible rats will never change their looks again.

View attachment 521544

I'm shocked they're releasing any Black Armory weapons before the expansion. Must really be trying to get people to pre-order. Hammerhead is one of my favorite weapons in D2, still have the curated roll in my vault. Interesting to see raid weapons in there too, and man oh man I hope we get a crafted Falling Guillotine.