Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
the more i play the more meh I feel, hopefully the summer beta expands the game a bit more but I just don't like the combat that much (love Titanfall combat), the classes all feel the same, the quests in the alpha are generic as hell, and I feel like I need to rush through areas because shit respawns too fast.

Thats really the one thing I absolutely detested about Borderlands, not being able to chill and check out every nook and cranny, its even worse here because at least in BL stuff didn't respawn as long as you didn't rezone, here stuff seems to be on a fast timer respawn in every zone, at least for explore and strike zones (I guess story missions are more tightly scripted?). Only three tiny areas on a single planet are open in alpha, so maybe the variety opens up a lot more as you get higher level. So far still a buy, but I think I'll play for 2 weeks at launch and then trade it in, instead of keeping it around forever. In that regards, very much feels like a modern day MMO
frown.png

I probably won't play much in beta so I don't ruin the final game for me, but see what other people think. Hopefully there is no level cap in the July beta so we can see what "end game" is like, since after all the shit you do in MMOs at level 1-10 is usually trivial and dumb compared to cap. This feels way, way, way more like an FPS-rpg than an MMO though, like I wouldn't call Borderlands or Titanfall MMOs.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Unless it has kb/m support, I won't be pvping. Using a controller makes me into a resource for the other team to farm.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This will be the reason I finally crack and buy a Ps4. If you order the destiny bundle do you get into the beta as well?
Amazon says you will - but you need a PS4 already for the beta so only useful for a second PS4 purchase (like my wive's)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Spronk: Explore zones are meant to have generic quests pretty clearly. And unless I'm missing something only really ONE story question for alpha currently.

I'm sure there's a ton more story quests and that the explore quests are all the normal generic MMO quest style.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
this for me as well.
I must've complained about not having a keyboard/mouse hundreds of times when I first made the switch, but now either platform is acceptable to me. You guys are just limiting yourself for no reason. Once you get proficient at the controller you'll wonder why you ever complained about it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I prefer g13 and mouse myself but controllers are decent enough to not gripe over it after years of getting used to it. Accuracy sucks but I enjoy gaming on consoles now.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
i _HATE_ FPS on consoles, i am a great player on PC and then i sit down to play a console FPS and it's like i'm a 3 year old kid who got a hold of a controller and end up shooting everywhere but my target.

however! I was tempted to try and play Destiny, still not even owning a single FPS game for any of my consoles cause FPS on console is just horrible. I have no idea what they did here, but i can play it.... i don't know why or how, but i'm playing it pretty damn well too. sure not as good as kb/m but a hell of a lot better than CoD and clones.

My suggestion is to try it, just to see... i did and i'm shocked i can play it relatively well!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I wasn't feeling the Titan much, I may try out the hunter but I'm totally sold on Warlock for the time being.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Woot, just got my invite. Can't wait to get home to try this.

Anyone knows how large a download it is?