Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Used Coren's. Thanks!

I think my name is on the PS4 list as well if anyone wants to group up after I get everything d/l and installed.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
Played a bit and plan on playing more later, but I have come to terms with the fact that this will be a game I love but ultimately suck at lol. For the life of me I could not kill that floating wizard that Tyrion wanted me to kill.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Twitch.tv has a great selection of people playing if anyone can't get in and wants to see whats up. It's what I do while I am at work to get my fix
smile.png

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played for about an hour...has a feel like a mesh between Halo and Phantasy Star Online. So far its not a blow my mind kind of game. The character customization seems fun, and there are a ton of upgrades with equipment and skills however it seems to lack something for me all together.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This game is pretty awesome. I like how it is setup with the home base and being able to take a break from the battles and such, good public events, side questing is easy to pick up on. I am interested to see more of the story based questing. Good shooting mechanics and for an alpha it's pretty damn stable online on PS4. Responsive controls, and good shooting feedback. Has a mix of GW2, Borderlands, and some MMORPG thrown in. Looks like a decent skill tree set up on my Warlock. I hope the guns have a lot of variety as you level and do some outrageously cool things later on - there is a lot of potential there. About the only thing I would change at this point, aside from wanting more story missions (Which I know is coming when it releases, is an ability to toggle markers to stay on after I press my touchpad to see where I am navigating easier without having to keep pressing the touchpad to find a way point I am interested in. Fought the Walker and that was pretty sweet as well. People seemed to know where to shoot and not be dumbasses. Another small hope is that the voice for the protagonist is a placeholder. It's pretty awful.

Great game. I am glad I preordered. This is going to get addicting and probably give me a reason to buy a headset for my PS4.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
This is so close to the mmo I have always wantedm I am a huge borderlands fan and I always wizhed halo had a more serious tone. Also I love smashing shit a la diablo. This is next gen and its being ushered in by tyrion lannister. And I fucking love it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Something I noticed once I capped out my Warlock earlier is that there's a mention of "locking THIS subclass" in the later abilities within the abilities available. (although past the L8 cap)

Seems to me like that's an indication that each class is going to have multiple subclass options.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah on the Bungie site you can see that each class has two subclasses mentioned with the second set unlocking at 15.

I played the Gunslinger(Hunter) class after I maxed out my Warlock and was a bit underwhelmed by the low level abilities. The blazing gun super was quite handy, but tossing the combat knife has what seems to be a silly long cooldown for something that doesn't really seem to do much. Again its not fair to judge based solely on stuff you see at level 8, but the gunslinger gave an odd first impression

Zarcath

Silver Squire
+stat points decrease cooldowns, you'll see faster cooldowns/synergies as you level up.

throwing knife is by far my favorite. there are some other upgrade perks that let you throw an extra one.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
Played some more and finally killed that damn wizard, so I am sucking less and still loving the game. I only wish the single grenade cooldown was shorter, but that probably changes. My first character was a Titan, but I am liking the Warlock a little more.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I dunno if FPS players are of a higher quality then your average MMO player but I've done several of those matchmaking missions on the level 6 area and always had good teamwork with no communication.

Also Warlock melee attack is satisfying as hell to finish someone off after you shotgun them in the face.

Aegil_sl

shitlord
I've never been very good at shooters on consoles, so I've traditionally avoided them. Destiny however, seems fun and I'd like to play at launch rather than waiting (probably a year +) for a PC version. Any advice on how to not suck at aiming?