Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

nuday

Golden Squire
For anybody who has played through the Strike: did it take your team fifteen fucking minutes of blasting away at the tank to make a dent?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For anybody who has played through the Strike: did it take your team fifteen fucking minutes of blasting away at the tank to make a dent?
My team wiped, but with my Void Rocket Launcher I was seeing chunks drop off of it - it seemed otherwise damage was next to nil though.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
Man this game looks so amazing it's killing me having to wait for it. Going to force myself to wait for the bundle though since I want the white ps4 and it seems silly to buy a ps4 now just to play alpha for a couple of days.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Has anyone actually found blues that their character can use?
They seem to have min L10 but i have like 5 i cannot equip yet or ever.

That aside i seem to run into the worse players - people who dont use cover and continuously run out and die or try to go toe to toe with elites and just flail and die. I finally did a legend setting strike and im not sure if there is supposed to be a benefit to doing it this way or not. Got more currency but didnt seem like it was worth the hassle considering how many more elites you run into. I guess if i needed experience i would notice the difference a bit more but items/value wise it was not worth it.

nuday

Golden Squire
I think the urge to run up and melee to "break the shield" from halo is still there for a lot of people. Friend and I watched a random guy run out and die instantly six times during that tank fight. I think he eventually realized that his strategy wasn't working.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also good for the spider tank is to spread out to the corners and middle forcing the tank to keep moving it's turret.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Serious question. How is this game different from defiance?
It doesn't suck.

First person, feels better, better A.I and a bunch of other stuff. It's a similar concept but Destiny seems to be more heavily instanced then Defiance with more zones then open world of Defiance.

spronk

FPS noob
I've never been very good at shooters on consoles, so I've traditionally avoided them. Destiny however, seems fun and I'd like to play at launch rather than waiting (probably a year +) for a PC version. Any advice on how to not suck at aiming?
go into options (options button on controller) and right bumper to options and change controller speed options, its on the right side and I think the 3d one down. Its defaulted to like... 3? and I changed mine to a lot faster, it feels more like mouse speeds like that. There are a few other options you can tweak, i started experimenting with the different layouts to see if I prefer a different one. I really, really hate having to hold down to run, especially since jumping in this game is odd to me. sometimes I fly up, sometimes i just do a little tiny bunny hop and I'm not sure why.

i also didn't know peter dinklage aka tyrion lannister voices the companion cube, i thought it was john de lancie (Q from TNG). the hunter and warlock trainer voices also sound very familiar.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I really, really hate having to hold down to run, especially since jumping in this game is odd to me. sometimes I fly up, sometimes i just do a little tiny bunny hop and I'm not sure why.
The second time you hit the jump button it activates your jump jets, the third time deactivates them. 1 press jump, second press while still in air give you a boost up or allows you to glide, 3rd time kills the jets.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Just finished my first legendary mission. So much more fun then regular. Not super challendging. Way more rates stuff dropped

Vaclav

Hmm wait, you can do the regular game on legendary too and not just the strike missions?
You can up the difficulty on the mission button has a "Brave" default that you can change - the Explore area you cannot though.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So that can be done for all the story missions? Dam I may need to rerolled my alpha lock
tongue.png

Vaclav

"All" the story missions? I only ever found one - is there one besides the Witch one?