Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It's more a question for zarcath, since we only have access to one and it can let you change difficulty I'd assume they all do.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im max level but you can still get xp foryour skills! So keep going!
Yeah I've done like 10 strikes, bought new ship and speeder already. Leveled up some weapons and abilities but loses it's appeal after a while with no leveling.

Did you find a blue weapon?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Not that I could use. Just did my first pvp. Tons of fun! Small actiony map. I dig it.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
So in PVP are stats normalized? It seems like they are which is great, but then I see PVP armor and it makes me wonder.

DMK_sl

shitlord
while 6m is easily within reach - Watch Dogs is already at 5m, Call of Duty Ghosts sold well over 18m copies and I rarely have heard anyone say anything that good about it - its definitely not a wow killer, just like GW2 wasn't. First its not even on PC, so not sure why its even being compared. It is being released for 360 and ps3 I believe so that should help with sales numbers.

Second, its a lot more like GW2 in terms of "persistence", you join small lobbies/servers not a single world instance as far as I can tell. Character "attachment" feels a lot lower, heck you don't even get to name your dude/dudette its whatever your PSN name is as far as I can tell (which makes for some weird times when a dude name rolls around as a chick). The "hub"/city for the game is tiny, without a keyboard no one is really chatting, and the biggest raid size is 6. You can create alts (only 3 classes tho) just press + at the char select screen.

It feels way, way, way more like Borderlands than anything else, in a more scifi/space opera setting. The Halo roots definitely creep in. I haven't read much about what the business model is but I assume it is b2p and microtransactions and shit down the road?
I think you guys are missing the meaning of "Wow killer". Nothing will kill WoW but time. A "WoW killer" is simply an MMO that has more active subs and does WoW kind of numbers financially.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
So I have been playing for roughly 15 hours. If this game has steady enough content it will consume me. Its the game I have always wanted. They can have all of my money.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So I have been playing for roughly 15 hours. If this game has steady enough content it will consume me. Its the game I have always wanted. They can have all of my money.
lol think you have me beat on hours into it thus far. Ever find a blue you could equip at your level, and which class did you settle on?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Havent found a blue I can wear yet. I have a 8 Titan, 8 Warlock. And currently 6 hunter. They are all fun. I cant choose.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
My revelation yesterday evening was that each class benefits from the three stats rather than just stacking your particular classes flavor of "+gooder". I need to try Titan today.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I like that about the stats. It seems like you will be able to play each class very differently and could really hone yourself one way or another. Even with discipline each item could focua towards grenades or scout rifles or whatevrr

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fuck I wish I had a PS4 right now, the codes are flowing like wine and I don't have the proper console.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck I wish I had a PS4 right now, the codes are flowing like wine and I don't have the proper console.
Well since you bailed on me with SOE live you got plenty of cash for one prick
tongue.png

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This worth buying a PS4 for early access?
If you have the money to spend, sure. It would seem funny you would want to buy a console though just for alpha access. If you can wait, I would purchase the bundle pack that comes with Destiny when it launches. Right now there aren't many PS4 games that are a must play. Watchdogs kind of fell flat, Wolfenstein can be purchased on any platform. So unless you are a major baseball fan and want to play MLB The Show 14, I would wait for the white bundle and see what else comes out for the system in the meantime.

With that said, this is a great game from what I have seen thus far and will be a PS4 system seller.

Sucks I have to be out of town this weekend. I want to log in and screw around with it more.

Zarcath, good work on this. Please tell me the main character's VO is a placeholder. It's so bad. I like the other voice acting though.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Serious question. How is this game different from defiance?
The entire layout is different. From everything I have played so far:

1) Skill trees are more defined and have a much larger impact per class.
2) The environment and atmosphere is about 50 levels above Defiance in every aspect.
3) Gun play and movement/UI is much more responsive and easy to navigate.
4) The content is thought out and dispersed with variety. Defiance seemed like they had a couple guys just plunk down a bunch of random NPC's SWTOR style and called it content.
5) Vanguard home base is amazing with different outlays for content selection. I actually feel like I am safer there. Like when I used to play EQ and was happy I made it back to Freeport for a break out in the wild of danger.
6) More variety even in Alpha for itemization than the entirety of Defiance had.
7) I was actually happy I ran into other people in Destiny. In Defiance they were a nuisance or I didn't care if they were there. They were more in my way.

As long as Kotick doesn't fuck this up with bullshit Microtransactions at every step of the way so people can buy their own guns instead of play through the game, I see this being something I play for a VERY long time. That is my only fear. What Kotick does to this. If he keeps his crap off this, it will be amazing.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I had originally pre-ordered for the Xbone as Xbox was always the go-to for gaming with friends, but I have since switched to the PS4 version because of the obvious love (whether backed by incentive cash or not) that Bungie is showing for the PS4.

In an ideal world the character data would be platform independent and allow someone to play their characters on either system.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
7) I was actually happy I ran into other people in Destiny. In Defiance they were a nuisance or I didn't care if they were there. They were more in my way.
I wanna echo this sentiment. Several times I have been bailed out by some dude flying in with a shotgun while I was trying to solo an event. This may change when the population increases of course. Doesnt look like the difficulty of these events scales with the amount of participants. Also depends on the player cap per instance I suppose.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah I think PS4 will be the way to go here, I assume xbone/360 users will be on one "cloud" and ps4/ps3 users will be in another. Given how much backing Sony is putting into it, feels like the ps3/ps4 user base will be much larger. Unless ofc all your friends are on xbone.

the main voice (your companion cube) is Peter Dinklage aka Tyrion Lannister, everyone is complaining he sounds super flat. Maybe he gets more excited later on or something haha.

Not my screenshot but I was playing on vita today morning via remote play and it worked great, the vita is pretty useless as far as native games but it is awesome for remote play and has no lag or anything. Controls aren't great though, I wouldn't wanna do a strike or anything super hard on it.

URA7xoE.jpg