Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Anyone up for the weekly heroic/nightfall? I'd like to knock the nightfall out before the raid tomorrow....and before grinding some Iron banner

Xevy

Log Wizard
A lot of people are just straight up leaving Iron Banner matches if they're not winning. Guess it's because you don't get rep for losing. First two games I played I joined 30% and 50% into and getting assraped. We won the 30% though. I'm a capture the point and charge the enemy kind of guy and my KD pays for it. All my .8 to 1.5 KD's I like to consider more like 2.0 because I'm willinging charging into 3 people on a point while Johnny Cool Clan sits back with his Suros Regime from 100 feet away hoping to give me 3 assists after I die.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Going to trade this game in. Maybe for the evil within. Disappointed by the lack of content and repetitive gameplay. I really like the way the game plays, it's sharp and crisp, but damn there is just not enough shit to keep me interested.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Pvp Is an after thought in this game, not sure what you are so worked up about.
I would argue that PvP is the main focus of the game considering the number of vendors are 3 to 1, the rewards given out for playing PvP are usualy better then the PvE ones and how much easier it is to get the badges.

Something I DONT understand tho is this:

Regardless of PvP or PvE, the rewards for doing a good run/match are nil. The rewards usualy go to the lowest scoring idiots on the team. I have tried this on the walker public event in old russia, shoot two-three times at the thing, then hide until the rest of the people kill it and presto, you get a shard or energy. Be the guy that shoots off every leg and gett the killing shot? Nada.
Same goes for PvP, the (very) few times I have top score or second place, nothing. If I more or less AFK or just run to cap some points? Shader, legendary engrams!

WTF is that about? Should not being active and good be rewarded? Or is the thought that we reward the low scoring crowd so they can get better?

Astaire_sl

shitlord
Going to trade this game in. Maybe for the evil within. Disappointed by the lack of content and repetitive gameplay. I really like the way the game plays, it's sharp and crisp, but damn there is just not enough shit to keep me interested.
Same. I returned it so hard today. I slammed that thing down and the clerk said "You too?"

I'm sorry, but anyone who loves this game onlywantsto love it. 60 bucks for that? A bunch of missions where I guard Peter Dinky while he hacks a computer and then empty beacons on planets just telling me to kill shit? And then I have to shell out MORE money to do something different in a few months?

It looks nice though.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What pains me is that there is clearly the infrastructure there... they have (or at least at one point had) a means to rapidly generate new content and enough art assets to keep things semi-fresh for ages. It really does not seem like it should be months of effort to add in the content they are touting as the DLC, hell if they really are just adjusted spawns and some scripts in existing maps then it should be a matter of days at most.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Finally got a decent drop yesterday. Picked up Gjallarhorn from a nightfall run.
smile.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I actually wouldn't mind another 10 coins. Be nice to have 39 for Xur this week in case Mask of the Third Man is for sale along with a decent wep. If Suros Regime ends up on sale again, I'll pretty much have to snap buy it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same. I returned it so hard today. I slammed that thing down and the clerk said "You too?"

I'm sorry, but anyone who loves this game onlywantsto love it. 60 bucks for that? A bunch of missions where I guard Peter Dinky while he hacks a computer and then empty beacons on planets just telling me to kill shit? And then I have to shell out MORE money to do something different in a few months?

It looks nice though.
Shrug, I'm enjoying it alot - but I have had a month of barely touching it with so many people being critical of it caging my expectations while I've been waiting on getting the wife's PS4. Of course also rotating through other games too rather than playing 4+ hrs of just Destiny every day so I'm mixing it up as well.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I actually wouldn't mind another 10 coins. Be nice to have 39 for Xur this week in case Mask of the Third Man is for sale along with a decent wep. If Suros Regime ends up on sale again, I'll pretty much have to snap buy it.
I am so hoping that Suros Regime goes for sale. Played with a guy that had one for the first time the other day and it was glorious to watch.

Couple questions for the Destiny elders of the thread. I am level 27 almost 28. I play consistently with a 28 warlock and a 26 soon to be 27 hunter.

#1 is farming the strike missions the best way to get Acsendant Shards? This is a huge bottle neck for us all to upgrading our armor.
#2 At what point should we be able to beat the nightfall strike? Will we all need to be level 28 to realistically have a chance?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Pvp, strikes and daily events are the best bet for shards. dismantling legendaries also but those are unicorns.

The nightfall missions just take a tad extra time. Every mission has a "safe spot" or two so just take it easy and dont rush in the middle of the map and get fucked. I would have the warlock be fireteam leader due to the self rez. If anyone dies in a bad spot, instead of running and getting them just have them leave the team and rejoin while you sit and wait. Make sure to stock up on ammo packs and its an easy 9 coins a week. Ive soloed every nightfall so far with my warlock

Each week the nightfall has a special damage modifier, use those to your advantage! Even if its not your best weapon, it will deal extra damage. That modifier damage also applies to damage taken. So be ready to just be 1 shot by snipers and shit. Take it slow and "exploit" safe spots every chance you get. Youll be playing the same mission for the next 6 years, no need to die 55 times doing it normal.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
4:30 CDT seemed to be a good time to start rounding people up. Made us good to go at 5:30 CDT I think.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'm pretty sure I would die from shock if I ever saw a DLC that costs 25-33% of the base game price that actually had more than 10-15% of the content.
Mario Kart 8 DLC is like $12 if you preorder both and each comes with 8 tracks (Base game has 32 tracks, so DLC is an extra 33%) and several characters. AND if you preorder you get new character skins right away for free.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am so hoping that Suros Regime goes for sale. Played with a guy that had one for the first time the other day and it was glorious to watch.

Couple questions for the Destiny elders of the thread. I am level 27 almost 28. I play consistently with a 28 warlock and a 26 soon to be 27 hunter.

#1 is farming the strike missions the best way to get Acsendant Shards? This is a huge bottle neck for us all to upgrading our armor.
#2 At what point should we be able to beat the nightfall strike? Will we all need to be level 28 to realistically have a chance?
Honestly I just use vangard marks every week and dismantle a cheap cost items plus doing daily events. Strike playlist should yield some too as you're trying to max out those for the week.

Nightfall really depends on what damage modifiers you can roll. This week should be tons easier for a new crew. Shanks have red shields, Captains have blue shields, harpies have blue shields, minos have purple shields. Ammo drops so swapping around isn't near as painful has it has been. I solo'd it up to the last event then invited two RL friends who haven't done nightfall before just to let them get free loot / buff.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I carry around a sniper, fusion, machine gun and rocket launcher of every element. Most of my machine guns and one fusion are just rates and I didn't actually have a void sniper until last night's raid but always made do.

Its pretty important for the nightfall and raid and the weekly to a lesser extent.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So after after getting stuck on Atheon last night for the third week in a row, I think i'm ready to ditch my casual scrub friends. If anyone doing the raid ever has room for a 28 Sunsinger, i'm your huckleberry.

PS4 IGN: J_Deep36