Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm quite disappointed that the first two DLC packs are just adding in Story missions and Strikes that use the same original four maps (and which honestly look like they were cut from the original release). I would have expected paid DLC to each add another of the mega-maps with associated Story, Strike and Patrol missions.
Is this true? They are using the same tired as shit in both DLC? I didnt think any exact details had been released but Bungie would be seriously pushing their luck doing something as absurd as that.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just gotta vent, man. The PVP in this game is absolutely atrocious. Aside from the lack of balance due to the nature of the weapons, 50% of the time you're staring at the mini-map because it's so overpowered. Do away w/ the minimap and bring back skill. Yeh bro, I mad.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I just gotta vent, man. The PVP in this game is absolutely atrocious. Aside from the lack of balance due to the nature of the weapons, 50% of the time you're staring at the mini-map because it's so overpowered. Do away w/ the minimap and bring back skill. Yeh bro, I mad.
Disagree with all of that. Except maybe the weapons thing. Except that a lvl 16 blue can be better than a legendary depending on it's stat alignment. The radar in this game is like 1/2 the radar, if that, than most FPS have had for the last 10 years. Most people just get mad about being one shot by supers....except that everyone can one shot other people with their super.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't mind the minimap, but I feel like it's implemented wrong. It shouldn't show every single person as red on the opposing team, it should only show them if they make noise (fire a gun). That would make sense! What they did doesn't make any.

Column_sl

shitlord
Without the mini map, you would be getting even more destroyed by hunters.

Pvp Is an after thought in this game, not sure what you are so worked up about.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Control is actually fun I think. I prefer it to random strikes.

Edit - finally found my mic too, daughter put it in a briefcase I never use

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm quite disappointed that the first two DLC packs are just adding in Story missions and Strikes that use the same original four maps (and which honestly look like they were cut from the original release). I would have expected paid DLC to each add another of the mega-maps with associated Story, Strike and Patrol missions.
I'm pretty sure I would die from shock if I ever saw a DLC that costs 25-33% of the base game price that actually had more than 10-15% of the content.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don't mind the minimap, but I feel like it's implemented wrong. It shouldn't show every single person as red on the opposing team, it should only show them if they make noise (fire a gun). That would make sense! What they did doesn't make any.
It's based off movement. When I first played I thought it should show everything like COD/Halo have. I'm okay with the way it is now except when someone is within 10m of you it just shows the center as red so you have no fucking clue where they actually are...and that's when the knifing starts.

I feel the PVP is more complete (for Control, at least) than most of the PVE stuff is.

spronk

FPS noob
hiding under the ramp room thingie for solo nightfall totally works, if you have a weapon that does armor piercing. It goes through the wall and hits him, and absolutely nothing hits you back if you are cowering under the sloped ramp. You have to do it this way solo, since if you try to hang out by the entrance ledge he never comes over there, and if you jump down to lure him he will rape you. For 2-3 ppl its fine since one person can snipe him from there while the other is bait, but for solo the armor piercing way is great.

it takes forever though, im doing it right now with ice breaker (to regen ammo) and final death, my sniper rifle with ammo piercing. If you nudge into the little ramp nothing hits you, and you just shoot at him through the holes above you. its like some weird pervy japanese hentai, all you see are people shitting above you through holes

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got first Exotic missive after like 200 bounties. Any suggestions on either Invective or Bad Juju? I know juju is shit right now, but you guys think it may be worth rolling just in case the changes buff it? Or is invective just the way to go?

spronk

FPS noob
if you dont have ice breaker invective is nice because it will regen ammo, and you can swap weapons and keep some of the ammo (so keep swapping when you are doing solo shit with auto ammo regen off). right now imo neither is a weapon you'd use a lot

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The RNG is so bad in this game - did entire raid and got nothing but energy and chatterwhite for the 7th? time If i didnt have multiple hunters id be trading this in.

Vaclav

Got evidence of this? There's tons of file names that were mined with new map names, what the heck would they be for if not for early DLC?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got my first exotic weapon bounty! Any suggestions between Thorn, Invective, and Bad Juju? I don't have any other exotic or legendary gear yet.

I'm thinking either Invective (shotgun for pvp + ammo regen) or Bad Juju (seems the easiest to complete for a casual like me, and weapon might be buffed soon)

Vorph

Does The Last Word suddenly get good once you unlock the second (Last Word) upgrade? People rave about it, but I got one from Atheon on Monday and I think it sucks ass compared to The Devil You Know so far. Really wish I'd gotten Hawkmoon or a raid primary instead.

Bad Juju is terrible and I'm pretty sure no amount of buffing will fix it. Even if they made the damage OP you'd still have to deal with the annoying green smoke obscuring your vision.

Erie_sl

shitlord
My god.. i go probably 15/20 win loss in iron banner, then for the last 7 games, I just leave because it's unplayable. 0 people moving to point B and afkers

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I got the Armamentarium feom the nightfall this week!!! So stoked. Thats the exotic I wanted most from the beginning.