Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got about 8 days between 3 characters, all 3 classes. But my son has about a day of that on his huntard, but I helped a lot.

spronk

FPS noob
too bad theres no stat for how many days you spend shooting into a cave

the new ps4 exclusive strike was retarded as fuck, its completely untied to the crota storyline and is basically just a reskin of the black mind story mission with no new mobs, instead they dropped in the time-warp vex from glass and the big boss is basically sekrion from nexus. really disappointing, hope the rest of the DLC is better.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The shared one will probably be better. But its nice to have more variety of strikes for PS4. Also I was not around for that cave shooting shit, as I started like a month later. Did actual good shit drop from that, legendary, exotic, or was it mostly greens and rare blues like it is now?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It dropped everything. The loot tables are weird in this game. There's no difference in the chance of drop from a boss, an elite, or a lvl 1 dreg. So it made sense to kill tons of weak guys instead of dungeon runs. Same with exp... Level doesn't affect how much exp you get from something. So its nice that low level content is still rewarding, just seems odd

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
To elaborate, being sick all week made me see Destiny as a chore rather than something I wanted to continue with. The (lack of) matchmaking has been its achillies from the start and I just couldn't find a window where I felt like dedicating a couple of hours to do a VOG. And then the exotic reset bullshit completely killed any reason to do the daily stuff. I've compared the game to Everquest before - a mix of greatness and fuckawful, and a game decision that fucking stupid reeks of that old SOE funk. Sure, it's something you get past in a few weeks, but it's just so goddamn DUMB.

Plus I think trying to keep up with WoW + Destiny will get old real fast.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I already bought the DLC and the next one so I am stuck. But I have a feeling that how this DLC plays out will be telling whether or not future versions of Destiny will be worth my money. Not very happy with all the artificial cockblocks they are throwing in to slow progression instead of just adding more content. I personally think thats a pretty bad sign of things to come. Constant gear resets, grinding the same unlocks by doing the same bounties and same missions over and over again. It would appear that actually providing deeper content without a price tag added is not in the cards for Bungie/Activision.

I wonder if Bungie could go back and make that decision again knowing what they know now, if they still would partner with Activision. I don't know maybe both companies are blood sucking bastards but I would like to believe that Bungie wanted Destiny to be something different then what it turned out to be. Unfortunately the video game industry will not look at Destiny as anything other then successful and we will probably see more bullshit like this going forward.

Edit: Having said all that, I am taking tomorrow off so I can hit the new expansion pretty hard day 1. What can I say, the addiction is strong lol.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I would much rather they remove the cockblocks and keep the same amount of content. I'm perfectly fine only logging in a couple days per week to knock out the raids and weeklies. Forcing me to log in nearly every day to do the dailies and farm materials to progress is what will end up making me quit in the end

People bitch about not enough content, and yet most of the people in this thread have dropped 10 days or so of time into a console game without a subscription.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
People bitch about not enough content, and yet most of the people in this thread have dropped 10 days or so of time into a console game without a subscription.
and in less then 24 hours much of the work that those 10+ days went into will be for nothing once the exotic resets happen and the new legendary weapons/armor go live. So I think folks have a right to bitch. I don't see folks sticking around for many expansions if its a hard reset each and every time.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
and in less then 24 hours much of the work that those 10+ days went into will be for nothing once the exotic resets happen and the new legendary weapons/armor go live. So I think folks have a right to bitch. I don't see folks sticking around for many expansions if its a hard reset each and every time.
The gear reset isn't really the same thing as lack of content though. They chose to do the gear reset to slow down people going through the DLC (which was stupid I agree). Sure, most people would be done with the DLC in around a month without the cockblocks, but I would be perfectly fine with a month of play for $17.50

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I understand a reset had to happen, and the game needs to progress, but 3 mos in? Thats just stupid. and what now? We grind away to get to 32 only to be reset in march when wolves den hits or whatever the fuck its called? Im betting there will be a slew of new people getting the game for xmas too, What a shitty time to do this to the game.

The thing that pisss me off is the amount of grinding I did on the vanguard, like rank 10, and they go and introduce commendations which makes you grind it even more. They should be giving me glimmer to take their shit now after all the grind I put into vanguard.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They should have just added a node or two to all exotics to upgrade the attack. I don't care if it's like 100k exp, at least it wouldn't reset what you have already done. I'm fine with them "leaving behind" current legendaries, because it has to be done. The commendation thing is bullshit, if it was in from the beginning I probably wouldn't have a problem with it. At least I don't think all armor will require the commendation.

I'm a little upset with them staggering HM out a month just on principle. I guarantee 100% the only reason it's not in at launch is to artificially stretch out the DLC. They are releasing a new raid in January!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well they knew people would stockpile marks, so they added yet another currency. Just more artificial cockblocks. Also, its content this game is lacking, so why negate the entire VoG experience? Yeah some people will run that still, but the new gear basically makes it obsolete.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Oh, they are also just raising the daily and weekly/nightfall levels, not adding another difficulty to the top end. Dailies already raised to 30, I imagine the weeklies will be on reset tomorrow

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well they knew people would stockpile marks, so they added yet another currency. Just more artificial cockblocks. Also, its content this game is lacking, so why negate the entire VoG experience? Yeah some people will run that still, but the new gear basically makes it obsolete.
What would be the point in doing the new raid if the gear isn't appreciably better? I personally don't think they should have made the vendor gear better though. 2 exotic rolls in HM should be enough incentive for VoG. I'm also pretty sure they plan on adding another difficulty level too.

Plus the raid weapons are going to be useful for the next month at least for burns and shields since raid primaries won't be around until hardmode

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well the new raid gear should be better, but the old gear should still be a stepping stone, but now you can just vendor buy new 31 gear. So in essence they just did a blizzard on their old content, but did not wait 2 yrs, but in only 3 months.

What they should do is just put the old raid on matchmaking now or at least give people the option to matchmake now.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well the new raid gear should be better, but the old gear should still be a stepping stone, but now you can just vendor buy new 31 gear. So in essence they just did a blizzard on their old content, but did not wait 2 yrs, but in only 3 months.

What they should do is just put the old raid on matchmaking now or at least give people the option to matchmake now.
I think we agree that being able to vendor to 31 is dumb. You should have to raid one way or the other to get level 30+. In WoW everything was replaced pretty much instantly with greens

On the WoW comment, they aren't completely resetting. You still have the exotics even if you have to upgrade them.