Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xevy

Log Wizard
Methinks you all protest too much. It's an MMO. Gear resets are inevitable. The fact you can modify your current exotics to be as good as the new ones is actually awesome and unusual. Buying to 31 is possible but who knows what kind of cockblock they have. Each piece might be 165 marks.

Personally they've won back a lot of my faith when they added the marks for mats trade in. Saved me so much mindless awful gaming.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Burn consumable glimmer generators and run strikes. You can get like 3k per run. I have like 10 exotics, but I can't imagine upgrading more than 4 maybe. IB, Gjaljorn, armor piece, and Plan C maybe. For those of you who don't pvp there's only point in upping them during IB. Otherwise my 270 damage Thorn, Euros, TLW, etc are fine.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Biggest gripe at this point is that they are treating their player base as equal and are catering to the lowest common denominator. They are basically putting in systems that cater to the ultra casual player so they don't get left behind with each expansion yet are totally fucking over the hard core folks that put in significantly more time because we wanted to be significantly better situated with gear and weapons then the casuals. Since this isn't a subscription based business model I guess that's what they want is a bunch of casuals that might randomly pick up the expansion at some point down the road because they know they won't be too far behind in any progression. But your basically telling everyone "Don't play this game TOO MUCH because that progress is getting reset in a couple of months." Hell that situation might work out best for Bungie where the player base buys the DLC, beats it a week later and doesn't login again until the next DLC is released. At least they wouldn't have to hear people complain about lack of content all the time.

spronk

FPS noob
Plus I think trying to keep up with WoW + Destiny will get old real fast.
how is the new wow xpac by the way, living up to good expectations or the shine wearing off fast? first wow xpac i skipped, no regrets so far. might jump in when they give it away for free near the next xpac and play a month or two.

its weird how times change, 3 years ago i was 100% pc gamer and pcmaster gabe guy, now i own all three consoles and pretty much game 90% on ps4. dunno what even changed, i guess mostly how shitty pc ports of studio games have become. plus not really enjoying indie games that much or all the moba stuff

Xevy

Log Wizard
Biggest gripe at this point is that they are treating their player base as equal and are catering to the lowest common denominator. They are basically putting in systems that cater to the ultra casual player so they don't get left behind with each expansion yet are totally fucking over the hard core folks that put in significantly more time because we wanted to be significantly better situated with gear and weapons then the casuals. Since this isn't a subscription based business model I guess that's what they want is a bunch of casuals that might randomly pick up the expansion at some point down the road because they know they won't be too far behind in any progression. But your basically telling everyone "Don't play this game TOO MUCH because that progress is getting reset in a couple of months." Hell that situation might work out best for Bungie where the player base buys the DLC, beats it a week later and doesn't login again until the next DLC is released. At least they wouldn't have to hear people complain about lack of content all the time.
One of the most difficult problems with Destiny is that it is an MMO. And it is not. So in an MMO you want all the best gear ever to own PVE content and PVP people's faces off. Except that in Destiny you need a LOT of people to be uber-geared to help you clear the hard mode content and PVP, except during IB, largely neutralizes gear. Don't get me wrong Icebreaker and Gjalarhorn are still pretty retarded in PVP, but there are blues that people can use that rival some exotics. People want to have the best gear and be in that upper echelon of players, but it doesn't matter. Unless you're rolling with the same crew of 6 for Raids you need to hope that a shit-ton of people on DestinyLFG or whatever have gear as good as yours so you have a shot.

I have 90% of all the gear I want and it does nothing for me. No one goes "oh damn look at him!" Or anything. My stats in PVP haven't improved that much. PVE most of the 'top gear' I use is for situational purposes and my purple engram scout rifle rapes most everything else. Until they add some sort of PVE ranking or constant Iron Banner arena, it just doesn't matter. The only person impressed by your gear is going to be you. And I'm there already. I look forward to a new grind to make my character better.

In 6months+ though I think this game could be a whole different beast. Maybe rated PVE/Arenas. Better social systems. Weapons that matter besides the 'big two'. Til then I'm willing to grind it out in PVE and PVP. It's still fun to me. Like I said earlier they restored my faith big time by not making me farm 320 fucking helium filaments on the fucking moon. That was a sure-fire way of not making me ever want to upgrade side-grades ever.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm up to 15 days and haven't been on much the last 3 weeks. I'm really pleased for the time spent on the console game, problems aside.

I'll send you a friendy Sarthek

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else still having trouble logging into PSN? I'm posting here because I am anxiously awaiting the drop of TDB and I haven't been able to login to PSN since the DDoS attacks yesterday. It loads up and says Error has occured. You have been signed out of Playstation Network. I called Sony and they think it's my router (it's not, trust me) because they have no other explanation for me. I have power cycled everything, opened and closed ports to reset, as well as setup a private static IP address for my PS3 all to no avail. Anyone have any advice? I'm stuck and I paid the money and took off of work for this release.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not that I'm doubting you. But have you tried bypassing your router completely? Hardwiring to modem....

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Not that I'm doubting you. But have you tried bypassing your router completely? Hardwiring to modem....
Yes, it was never connected in the first place. That's why I said it's not... They just didn't have anything else to tell me.

To clarify, I was hardwired to the modem when the problems first took place. After hours of no connecting, I plugged in my router and set up the static IP and opened the ports and tried that. Didn't work so I went back to the modem hardwiring. I think it's their servers, it has to be at this point. There's no other solution. Sucks to miss my raid team world first race, the content I paid for on release and a day of work vacation because of it. Fuck :/

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Reading about the people not being able to do the nightfall and the strikes is awesome. Going to be about a million pissed off people today.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Reading about the people not being able to do the nightfall and the strikes is awesome. Going to be about a million pissed off people today.
Yepp. did the whole quest line on my warlock and can now do the nightfall, but fuck me if Im going to bother doing it rushed for my other two chars...

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ya, pretty fucking stupid to have to do shit ass bounties to be able to do nightfall. Bungie is such a fuck up of a company

People without the DLC can't do the nightfall or weekly heroics. They also can't do the 26 strike playlist, and the 24 version doesn't drop engrams anymore. Really going the extra mile to fuck people on this one

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Best part is eris gave my warlock a bounty to kill 7 hive at once with fist of havoc. Uh... GG.