Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, pretty fucking stupid to have to do shit ass bounties to be able to do nightfall. Bungie is such a fuck up of a company

People without the DLC can't do the nightfall or weekly heroics. They also can't do the 26 strike playlist, and the 24 version doesn't drop engrams anymore. Really going the extra mile to fuck people on this one
Exactly, by the time you're 24, you're moving onto legendaries anyways. What in fuck all is the point of rewarding 26+ chars with engrams. I mean, really?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sorry Sarthek, I was doing pocket infinity bounty, you know 200 kills in a nightfall.
No problem at all. Sorry I didn't reply when you were talking. Daughter was asleep so I had the mic off.

Logged in this morning to just look at stuff before work. Don't like seeing the weekly and nightfall bumped up a notch in level and locked behind progression. I am ultra casual and was just starting to get to the point that I could reliably solo the weekly on harder settings and kinda solo, or duo, the nightfall. Back to square one it looks like. Hopefully the quest to unlock stuff isn't too over the top, but from some of your comments it sounds like it is.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like a good time to step away from this game. It was distracting me from studying for the CPA exam so that's not a bad thing.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The steps to unlock the nightfall really don't take that long. You are really unlocking the strike anyways, not the nightfall.

Have to complete the 3 story missions, complete the bounty to kill 25 wizards/Knights, and complete the three bounties available after the previous one, which just involves running around on earth for like 5 minutes

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
How does the expansion pass work for multiple users on the same PS4? If one person buys the expansion then everyone who has that PS4 as their "home" can play the expansion?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So is the raid fun? Hard or easy? Similar to VoG or different? Short or long? Interesting encounters or bullet sponges?

Did the nightfall and it would be really hard solo unless we can find a cheese spot

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is a lot more going on for this raid, but I was only in it for one fight. (sword / gatekeeper phase).

spronk

FPS noob
hahaha, people who don't have DLC can't run this weeks nightfall or weekly strikes. thats pretty awesome bungie, you exceeded even my low expectations from you.

finished the first 2 story missions, story is pretty awful as usual but at least they go fast. for the second one you can just go back near the point where you entered the room and the knights won't come up, makes it a bit easier. not really sure whats going on in the story but i am sure this bitch just telling me what to do non stop will make things clear.

also apparently there is a chance of a chest spawn at the beginning of the new raid, and it can hold exotics, you can solo it. just trying to unlock the raid so i can do that and then probably just fuck around until the next DLC, since it'll reset everything too.

i also had 2 blue engrams turn into level 33 purple gear, both were for hunters so thanks bungie but i guess "new" engrams (i think both had that little <i> thing on them) can decode to 33 purps.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They wanted to cockblock people but Im hearing stories of people all over the place getting 3 vanguard pieces on their way to 31 already. Dont underestimate the hardcore peeps. They will consistently shit on your cockblocks.

spronk

FPS noob
you can solo the first chest in crota's raid without having to do any of the quests and shit, its pretty easy. be level 27 or higher first. set moon as your destination, you'll see the new raid. select it and launch, step on the pad to open the bridge, drop down (very cool). now when you are in the dark room with the 4 lights, face the big lantern far away. face left, run to the wall, turn right (facing wall), run up a little and a path to a door will come up a few steps up on your left. run to that, open the door, and if there is a chest inside grats. if not just die (fall off die to mobs w/e) and try again. a little light actually shows up above the door if a chest is in it.

every time you die the chest moves. there are like 6 spots it can spawn but the first one has no mobs before it. you can only loot the chest once per char per week, like VoG. I've done it twice and gotten 2 of the new shards both times
frown.png
other people have gotten new exotics and purple weapons

haha a hardcore motherfucker could delete a toon, relevel to 20, equip his 30 gear, and just do this alllllll week to build up a massive stockpile of new shards/energy/gear.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Well after fighting Crotan for an hour, I understand why the guys who completed it said you need at least 1 lvl 31 for damage. Also, if this Crotan fight is the end of the raid.... fuck you Bungie. This would then be the most pathetic excuse for a DLC I have ever seen.

Edit: We reached Crotan in less then 4 hours, without using any spoilers or such. That is a disaster if they think this will keep us occupied to the next DLC.

Edit 2: I think I saw a total of 2 new mini-areas beside the new raid. Exactly what have they spent time on? All new missions reused old locations to about 90%, some new exotics sprinkled around and a new raid that people beat on day 1.... Hell even the new strike used an old location with a 2 room add-on.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are they really going to do gear resets with every expansion? If so fuck that. The plan for my anti social ass was always make one character of each class, solo grind each one to as close to max as I could get and then just pick my favorite to be my main and farm with the other two... but having to grind gear for all three for every expansion is beyond even my masochistic levels of pain tolerance. It would be doable but the commendations mean rep grinds on top of xp grinds on top of grinding out marks for all three to purchase class specific gear and faction vendor specific weapons (I wanted three copies of Legendaries of each damage type.... yes did I mention I was a masochist?)

But putting a rep grind on top of all that... and having to redo it every xpac...no, that is too fucking much.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Totally ninja'd first chest. Got 2 shards and the garbage raid Titan cloak.

At 29 soloing the lvl 30 second quest mission is... a bit of an ordeal.

spronk

FPS noob
after you do the 3 new story missions you have to do 3 quests on earth patrol. first one is in the first room of the devils lair strike, past the divide (walker PE) and rocketyards go inside all the way until you are at the room where you fight 3 waves of adds before the door unlocks. in that room you'll see a kneeling dude, kill him and some adds and done.

for second one go back to orbit and back down and head to loot cave (go left from spawn), up through the "wizard from the moon!" area. in the dark, dark room before the wizard room there is a kneeling serf you have to kill and he brings out a few adds. thats it. for last one, keep going past the wizard room into the loot cave area, then into the room that leads you to warmind area. right before the warmind area is a dude kneeling before an urn (its the outside area where the big satellite unfolds in the story), grab it and kill the adds from the ship and you are all done. nightfall/strikes are unlocked.

will have to do 3 story + the 5 or so quests for each character to unlock nightfall, although the raid is unlocked without having to do anything.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the free raid chest writeup. Took 3 or 4 resets but got a chest finally. Only 2 shards, but I didn't expect anything more since rng hates me.