Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Ghost edition is for weebo neckbeards
Get on my level noob.

But seriously I cant remember when I was this excited for a release. Fallout 3 maybe...but this is real world hype. I have a group a friends in real life who will all be playing. And its a mix of jocks and nerds.

It really feels like this is going to be huge.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just cancelled my xbone preorder. Not really about protesting this, I just do not think 2 or 3 days of beta is worth the preorder. Will wait to see how the game looks.
Well, you get the beta access regardless of keeping the preorder in.

spronk

FPS noob
posted these before but for new people, redeem these on bungie.net for extra shit when game goes live

1: Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
2: Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
3: Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
4: Rixis Archon Slayer: TCN-HCD-TGY
5: Old Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
6: Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
7: Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
8: Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
9: Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
10: The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
11: The Hive: 69R-CKD-X7L
12: Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
13: The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
14: Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
15: Los Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V
16: La costa devastada, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
17: Vex: Minotauro: 6A9-DTG-YGN

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks Spronk. Have them all redeemed, and I'm waiting until 2014 to find out what I got! haha

spronk

FPS noob
platform selection page is live
Bungie : Redeemed Codes

if you don't have a platform selection option there you need to attach a beta key to your bungie.net account, you get one within 5 minutes of pre-ordering on amazon and can cancel

you will get 3 keys for your platform so we should be drowning in beta keys for ps4

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS4 (Americas)~ thanks for the headsup so I can be lazy all week now on it.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eventually... theyll keep it console exclusive for a year or so. They dont want people to see how better it plays on a pc over their new shiny consoles right out of the gate especially when this game is one of the consoles selling corner stone.

rrr_img_71020.jpg

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Eventually... theyll keep it console exclusive for a year or so. They dont want people to see how better it plays on a pc over their new shiny consoles right out of the gate especially when this game is one of the consoles selling corner stone.

rrr_img_71020.jpg
I just physically recoiled reading that. Can't believe this is still a thing.

Anyway, looking forward to the beta next week. I'm thinking people might have to end up waiting quite a bit longer than they think for the PC version. Definitely no sooner than Destiny 2 I'd guess, and even then. If you look at how games like Watch Dogs sold, with PC selling about 10% of the copies, and PS4 on its own about 35%, I don't know if it'd be worth it for Destiny to come to PC, especially if you add on to that the fact that 1. the franchise is going to be heavily tied to console, and 2. If their sales number will be comparable to something like watch dogs, would it really be worth setting up an entire online back-end without the support of entities such as Sony or Microsoft for such a measly amount of sales? I have my doubts.

spronk

FPS noob
for an online FPS-type game I can definitely see a lot of advantages to pushing off a PC release. You don't have to worry about pirates, hackers, and cheaters at all with consoles - can't even run user code on ps4/xbox one. And lets face it, based on all the tech support we give to extended family there are tons of PC users out there who have seriously fucked up systems with video drivers that are 6 years old and filled with malware.

thats why I really like the steam box concept, a reference PC gaming platform that is user-serviceable so power users can tweak and upgrade, but newbies just get working out of the box, that allows for a gaming platform with scaling levels of CPU and GPU power would be really nice.