Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm moving more and more away from PC gaming. about all I play on PC these days is WoW.
Kind of the same, d3 or divinity hence why this "omg destiny not on pc" rubbish is like whatever - PC gaming hardly interest anymore unless its an MMO.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Kind of the same, d3 or divinity hence why this "omg destiny not on pc" rubbish is like whatever - PC gaming hardly interest anymore unless its an MMO.
That's a pretty absurd statement. The majority of us will pick a PC version over the console version anyday. Especially with a FPS.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't think he was claiming EVERYONE was that way, just his personal opinion. (It is one that I share though)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My bad then. I still don't see why you wouldn't rather play Destiny on the PC then a console.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My bad then. I still don't see why you wouldn't rather play Destiny on the PC then a console.
Its hard to say really - been gaming since what...UO? I dunno after going from gaming on PC to working using them all the time im just much more comfy in bed or on couch gaming. Sure i could wireless everything and do the same in bed but i prefer console unless its an MMO at this point. I wouldnt MIND Destiny on PC i think it would be fuckin amazing but its not something i mind where i play so long as im playing with friends.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its hard to say really - been gaming since what...UO? I dunno after going from gaming on PC to working using them all the time im just much more comfy in bed or on couch gaming. Sure i could wireless everything and do the same in bed but i prefer console unless its an MMO at this point. I wouldnt MIND Destiny on PC i think it would be fuckin amazing but its not something i mind where i play so long as im playing with friends.
I could see your point on most games but with a FPS I hate using a controller. Now that might change when the xim4 is released and I can use my KB/M and end up enjoying it a lot more. In the back of my mind though I will always be thinking of how good the game could have been if it was designed for PC.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
In all of the product descriptions from Bungie, they have said Ghost will be a "truly limited"edition. I canceled my Ghost version and just kept the LE. I don't care about reselling and I definitely don't care about the Tyrion cube.
Not knocking on you or anything but I'll believe that when that announce a set number of Ghosts they will sell.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
In the back of my mind though I will always be thinking of how good the game could have been if it was designed for PC.
Like Tabula Rasa, right?

In fact, I can't think of any that genuinely worked out. Planetside 2 maybe? But that's more of a battlefield type shooter.

FPS MMO's on PC don't simply inherently work out, even if they're specifically designed for it. Also, Halo was fundamentally a console FPS, and given that Destiny's shooting mechanics felt somewhat like a mix between COD and Halo, I don't think it would be especially better experience on PC than it would be on console. Twitch shooters such as CS are great for PC, seeing as they take advantage of the strengths of the platform (much more precise controls), but I don't think I'd see a twitch shooting Destiny work out all that well.

Column_sl

shitlord
Halo did fine on the console, not everything needs to be on the PC. I'm surprised most of you aren't comfortable with both at this point.
Maybe you guys are just way older then me, and have been on the PC exclusively.

I grew up with consoles, and computers like most of the kids are doing today as well.
It's trivial for me to switch between both much like it's trivial to play a fighting game with both a pad, or a arcade stick.

Everyone has the same handicap as you on a console so it's no biggie.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This. Everyone knows that KBM is a more precise control scheme. Just learn to use dual analoge sticks like everyone else, and it doesn't matter which is better since everyone is using it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Halo did fine on the console, not everything needs to be on the PC. I'm surprised most of you aren't comfortable with both at this point.
Maybe you guys are just way older then me, and have been on the PC exclusively.

I grew up with consoles, and computers like most of the kids are doing today as well.
It's trivial for me to switch between both much like it's trivial to play a fighting game with both a pad, or a arcade stick.

I grew up back when arcades were cool and i cant even fathom touching an arcade stick anymore. In fact i havent in like 10 years and i think if i did it would be a total disaster.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I think the whole "PC Master Race" thing is stupid myself. While the games might perform better on a high end gaming PC, the majority of sales are still on consoles. Look at Titanfall as an example. One of the primary complaints from the PC owners is that the playerbase is tiny. The same goes for the Dark Souls communities where the PC populations are really small compared to the console versions which have, relatively, healthy populations of players. So, yes, the game might look better and perform better on a high end PC, but people are still buying console versions over PC versions by a pretty wide margin.

spronk

FPS noob
if you don't have a ps4 and really want to play destiny Target is having a deal today and tomorrow. 15% off any electronics, including PS4/xbox one, making ps4 $340+tax. You can save another 5% with redcard (target debit card), 10% more if you have a relative/friend who works at target, and another 10% if you get a movers coupon from the post office for target - $240 total if all the discounts stack, but of course thats very YMMV.

to get the 15% off electronics coupon go toTarget Cartwheelsign up (free) and browse Electronics in the top left, add 15% coupon. Can install the cartwheel app on android/iphone and scan the coupon at checkout in target or just print out the coupon page.

some people are getting the coupon to work on PSN and Nintendo eShop cards as well, its ymmv tho

the discounts will work off PS4, xbox one, Wii U, games, etc so 15-40% off anything.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Outside of Zarc passing some out you wont see any until the 17th when we get our emails.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I just physically recoiled reading that. Can't believe this is still a thing.

Anyway, looking forward to the beta next week. I'm thinking people might have to end up waiting quite a bit longer than they think for the PC version. Definitely no sooner than Destiny 2 I'd guess, and even then. If you look at how games like Watch Dogs sold, with PC selling about 10% of the copies, and PS4 on its own about 35%, I don't know if it'd be worth it for Destiny to come to PC, especially if you add on to that the fact that 1. the franchise is going to be heavily tied to console, and 2. If their sales number will be comparable to something like watch dogs, would it really be worth setting up an entire online back-end without the support of entities such as Sony or Microsoft for such a measly amount of sales? I have my doubts.
Reminder: PC games outsold console games last year.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Reminder: PC games outsold console games last year.
Well, how can I argue with such a well put-together argument.

Console versions of most AAA titles routinely outsell PC versions, which is what counts in the west. If you're talking about pure revenue, then no shit. PC install base is like 3 times the entire install base of all consoles combined, and all those people can easily run games like LoL or DOTA2, or Crossfire in China. Cross fire, together with FTP MMO's and FTP MOBA's form the bulk of the revenue for the PC gaming insdustry as well (I mean, for crying out loud, in terms of peak daily users on steam, DOTA2 is as big as the rest of the top 100 COMBINED. And DOTA2 is still smaller than LoL is). That success has no bearing, however, on how well PC does compared to console.