Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have done it both ways, even solo one time "behind the wall" and another in a safe spot to the right up top one of the structures. If you do the mino up top way, have one person stand towards the back of the cave calling out the mino and all focus fire at him right when he spawns. Then in between the mino spawns the other two pluck away at boss keeping each other rezzed.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I did it twice the same way. One guy with a void sniper or machine gun on Minotaur duty while the other two focus on sekrion.

spronk

FPS noob
solo (or if other person is super underleveled/geared) jump down and hide behind the wall and peek out every now and then and shoot him, an ar-pen sniper rifle is super good because you can basically shoot through the rocks at him and never get into hit range of anything. with the boss dmg being void you don't wanna try to use the hiding spot as splash dmg can kill you easy.

with 3 people stay up top and everyone kill the mino asap as it spawns, it dies really fast and all you have to do is spread apart a bit and strafe left/right so his bombs don't do much splash dmg. Since NF is void dmg and his shields are void dmg having all void weapons is very very helpful. Word of crota for example kills him in about 8 shots vs like 3 clips of any other hand cannon.

also the cliff ledge facing the boss is something you wanna never stand in the middle of, people should be on the the left or right and back up and heal when the boss starts shooting your side. mino spawns every 18 seconds so only have basically 1 clip of sniper rifle to empty before you have to turn around. a void sniper rifle does insane dmg, my efreets was doing 12k per hit with WoL and he was dead in under a minute (3 people with void snipers).

a final trick if you are desperate is that a lowbie can hang out in the cave before that where the ~15 vex spawn and lure the minotaur towards him and let him kill him. the mino will just hover over that body then and a new one won't respawn as long as the other 2 don't get too close, but now you only have 2 people DPSing the boss.

If you are solo a minotaur will also despawn in the cave if you go invis, either as a hunter or with Patience and Time. I don't really recommend that though since one fuckup and you are done. Just way easier going with 3 people and having most of them having void sniper/rockets.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Any of you folks play on the PS3? I've been trying to find a third for my group ( wife and I) to do weekly and possibly the weekly nightfall, haven't really run either. Both of us just run a ton of the random lvl 26 strikes.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Any of you folks play on the PS3? I've been trying to find a third for my group ( wife and I) to do weekly and possibly the weekly nightfall, haven't really run either. Both of us just run a ton of the random lvl 26 strikes.
You and your wife should be able to at least duo the weekly strike, especially if it has a burn and you have the associated weapon type.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
You and your wife should be able to at least duo the weekly strike, especially if it has a burn and you have the associated weapon type.
Yup need to work on the right weapon, we tried it last night but she was the only one with a void machine gun and that coupled with I've never used the ledge spots with random strikes, we failed miserably.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I just used the standard spot that you jump up to on the left when you jump down to solo it. There are still spots there where the splash damage can't hit you and where the hobgoblins won't throw grenades. You just have to be disciplined and take cover as soon as you take damage since another shot can kill you.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So with something like juggler active just stock up on the synthesis ammo?
Void sniper and switch to icebreaker to regen ammo for the boss.

I have an efrideets spear with field scout, so 24 rounds with it plus a few truth rockets was enough to down him. Don't think I had to switch to icebreaker, but I don't really remember

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I play on ps3. I had been playing must every night but I'm down to one or two at this point. I try to get the nightfalls done either Tuesday or Wednesday and then Friday night if xur has anything worthwhile. You can add me if you want. Jaeger109. Just put RR in the message so I know who you are

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got the exact same thing. Legendary primary engram decoded into 2 ascent shards.
frown.png

Crota was a pain too. 2x normal mode clears and got nothing but energies. Not a good rng last night.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did Crota twice on normal for secondary drops, but still need to knock out a few hardmodes. Shout out if you guys still need it.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guess I'll buy a 3rd icebreaker just in case i ever make a 3rd alt.

This had been a terrible rng week for me. 2 nightfalls, 2 full crota nm runs, 2 gorgon chests and nothing to show for it but shards and a dumb the cure rocket with active radar...until i did vog templar on a whim last night. Never done him before and got fatebringer. Funny how you can have all this bad luck with drops, then get one good drop and you love the game again.