Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm not a big fan of PvP but it has been good to me lately. Finished bad juju, over halfway to thorn now and just got a suros from control.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
How is Hard Light? I picked one up on my second Atheon kill this week.

And my kills this week have been painful. There are just SO many people who have never done Atheon Hardmode (or Atheon period I'm finding) out there right now. My Warlock got through fine. My Titan took 2 groups to get the kill. And my Hunter spent an hour trying to get the kill with a fail group and I'll need to get it tomorrow.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider

And my kills this week have been painful. There are just SO many people who have never done Atheon Hardmode (or Atheon period I'm finding) out there right now. My Warlock got through fine. My Titan took 2 groups to get the kill. And my Hunter spent an hour trying to get the kill with a fail group and I'll need to get it tomorrow.
I got hard light a few weeks ago but haven't tried it yet. Do you use destinylfg.net? It's hit and miss for quality groups, but I tend to find good groups about 80% of the time. Last night, for example: 2 different groups to run Atheon HM. Both got the kill on our first try with just 2 teleports. In total I was in groups all of 10 minutes. It was glorious.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Pretty much zero reason to use hard light. It's not terrible, but it's not even close to worth an exotic slot.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ritley, I had the VoG cp, but lost it when I did Atheon last night on both my guys. TheFourth might still have it on his 3 guys if you see him online tonight.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know if I'm ever going to have a Crota HM kill. Tried using destinylfg for it last night, after not trying hm Crota for a few weeks because I was so burned out on trying the HM event. Took us about 10 tries to just get past the knight/acolyte glass wall phase without someone dying. Finally do so and swordbearer calls for rockets and I'm the only one that fires on time. The rest of the guys have ghorns but all fire at different moments within a 5 second window. Was awful. Tried a few more times but the same couple of guys kept dying to the acolytes so we never even made it to Crota himself more than once or twice.

Probably was just bad luck with the group, but I felt so frustrated being the only rocket guy there really without a Ghorn, the only guy there without a HM Crota kill, but I seemed to understand the execution of the event better than the rest (other than swordbearer). and honestly, I don't understand the HM strategies all that much...until last night I had always just been the wall puncher on our RR attempts.

Guess I'll just wait for reset and keep plugging away at NM. I only really want to do HM Crota once so I can say I did it and hopefully get the scout rifle and call it a day.

spronk

FPS noob
do HM crota only run on a tuesday/wed, thats when all the neckbeards run it and they don't really fuck up (much). by sunday its all stoners and parents and people who just hit level 20, while they are way more fun to play with they don't really get hard shit done

you also have the problem now that a ton of people have just stopped running it, i haven't raided in 3 weeks now and won't until next dlc, there are 0 drops for me from crota's end.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
On my Warlock (28) last night running through VOG I was preferring a fresh (not leveled) Vision of Confluence over my fresh Hard Light. The HL may get better after being maxed with perks but at the start it isn't too hot.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I only use DestinyLFG.net for groups (have had much better results than .com). It's just that as Spronk said, the people really serious about things complete the stuff early in the week and by the weekend you're left with whatever is left. That's why I try to knock out my CE runs and Nightfalls right away. But if you do VOG fresh, it's still a long slog through so I usually don't get to it until the weekend. And the only thing I want out of VOG is my 2 chances at an Exotic.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yes, buy the upgrade. It has synergy with the obsidian mind, and is a very decent weapon.

Not to mention the upgrade will carry over to the next dlc
I must've missed it if it was an announcement but where did you find this out? I haven't upgraded my Gjallarhorn because I figured I'd just do it after the expansion release

Lenas

Trump's Staff
DeeJ basically said they learned their lessons from TDB exotics resetting in one of the update notes.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Honestly they could make HM crota much more enjoyable by reducing the animation time to lower the glass and by making everything that you kill from the crystal room level 32. It takes way too long each attempt just for that shit, it's not that it's hard there is just too much shit with too many HP

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree Ritley. Shorter glass time and lv 32 trash would be nice.

I'll be doing full crota nm runs and maybe nightfalls tonight if anyone else is up for it.

spronk

FPS noob
was gonna skip destiny this week since no burn on NF but saw this cheese spot and tried it, solo'd Taurus McShitgun with my LDR 5001 using Armor Pen perk easy, from the spot in the video you can't get hit by anything although no other gun will work nor grenades. took a while, switch to IB and regen ammo every time you hit 0
XboxClips | JewBoy300 playing Destiny

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kinda fucked up, but chuckled a lil bit. Some kid let's a random dude use Share-Play, and gets his chars deleted. One of em' w/ Hawkmoon I think. He doesn't flip out like you'd expect but still comical.

spronk

FPS noob
how long is awhile? when i saw that glitch figured it would take far to long.
it took me about 10 mins to kill the boss solo, its pretty fast since you kill nothing else and you never have to move at all (plus have 100% attack time on boss). just have to wait for IB to regen and swap weapons again, you could blow some sniper synths if you want. i prefer it this way since i can watch daily show while i do it